PDA

View Full Version : Fridge Freezers

Scottie
23rd August 2006, 05:18 AM
Ok maybe a bit of a stange one but my Fridge Freezer has given up the ghost. Lasted 15 years so not to bad.

Anyway thinking I want a Smeg Retro Style one. Anyone got one what's it like it is good.

Mini Me
23rd August 2006, 05:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Ok maybe a bit of a stange one but my Fridge Freezer has given up the ghost. Lasted 15 years so not to bad.

Anyway thinking I want a Smeg Retro Style one. Anyone got one what's it like it is good.

Does Alan not need one with blast doors(for his wee obsession);):p...the ultimate test...

Scottie
23rd August 2006, 05:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Only Me

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Does Alan not need one with blast doors(for his wee obsession);):p...the ultimate test...

that's against the kitchen cabinets or on the wooden floors;)

Mini Me
23rd August 2006, 05:28 AM
damn, would have been a hoot to go shopping for that with Alan , can you imagine the poor weee sales guy...lol:p

AndyP & Lenore
23rd August 2006, 05:32 AM
Something like this Fi?

http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/fridge-freezer-lime-carbon.jpg

A.:D;)

Scottie
23rd August 2006, 05:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Something like this Fi?

http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/fridge-freezer-lime-carbon.jpg

A.:D;)

not bad not bad at all but thinking maybe the cream one.;)

AndyP & Lenore
23rd August 2006, 05:41 AM
Not entirely sure cream and carbon fibre go together terribly well.:I

AndyP & Lenore
23rd August 2006, 06:12 AM
Fi, to answer your question: We don't have a Smeg FF. But I have only heard good things about them. We bought a double sized Samsung FF last year which has an ice and chilled water dispenser, which is the best invention since the wheel. Love the freezer, as much as you can love a freezer without psychiatrists getting worried about you.

A.:D

X30YES
23rd August 2006, 08:08 AM
"that's against the kitchen cabinets or on the wooden floors" God only knows what thats all about ...no I'm not even going to go there !!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mini Me
23rd August 2006, 04:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
"[i]that's against the kitchen cabinets or on the wooden floors" God only knows what thats all about ...no I'm not even going to go there !!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

your best not to;)
it aint pretty....:eek::evil:;)

euan
23rd August 2006, 05:39 PM
I heard that they are not massive inside, but apart from that only good things.

Keith
24th August 2006, 04:26 PM
My mum has a Smeg, I think its about 5 or 6 weeks old now.

Here are my findings :

It's PINK which is not my colour choice.
The seals for the door are not that wonderful, they don't seem to "grab" the door if that makes sense. Plus the top and bottom corners are a bit out of shape.
It's not very big inside at all.
The quality is good, but it does feel very plastic. The handle has a stainless steel look but is plastic, would have been so much better if it was st/st.
Prices were all over the place when she bought it, I am sure it came from John Lewis website in the end.
It really does look the part and great if you don't need a LOT of space.
The freezer drips down the back of the fridge too. Everything on the top shelf gets a few drops of water on them.
Think thats about it so far.
:)

Scottie
24th August 2006, 04:51 PM
thanks very much. ended up buying the same make we currently have.

Whirlpool massive inside and lovely chilled water thingy

Plumber coming Friday to plumb in.

Imagine never had a frige that needed plumbed in.

X30YES
10th September 2006, 12:58 AM
You should have waited a few weeks for the new Smeg-R56 mini style fridge (http://www.motoringfile.com/)

The Dogfather
10th September 2006, 01:11 AM
I'm with Andy P Siemens is the best, washer, dishwasher and FF all the same brand :D

X30YES
10th September 2006, 02:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I'm with Andy P Siemens is the best, washer, dishwasher and FF all the same brand :D
Sad pair or what ;)

AndyP & Lenore
10th September 2006, 03:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

Eh:question:

I said Samsung.

We've got a real mix of brands - Samsung, Miele, Whirlpool.

The Dogfather
10th September 2006, 04:42 AM
:I Oops :D

X30YES
10th September 2006, 07:18 AM
Get a life you two old ladies :p

X30YES
10th September 2006, 07:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

You should have waited a few weeks for the new Smeg-R56 mini style fridge (http://www.motoringfile.com/)

At least this had a mini in it