GAJ
21st August 2006, 06:56 PM
With or without tyre. Must be v. cheap!

Burple
21st August 2006, 09:26 PM
Bent another wheel? ;);):p:p

GAJ
21st August 2006, 10:14 PM
Spun the car this morning on the A71 in Ayrshire. Torrential wet weather and what looked like diesel on the exit of the roundabout! :( Even Goodyear F1's were no match! Nearside rear wheel battered the kerb and will need replaced. The rear tyres are pretty worn, only 2 or 3 mm of tread left and I was planning on replacing them soon. Just wish that I had replaced them earlier now. If you thought my old wheels were badly kerbed you should see this! ;) I think there may be some suspension damage too - car is being checked just now.

Burple
21st August 2006, 10:32 PM
Ouch! that's a sore one! :(
Glad you and the car are more or less ok tho.

Craig
22nd August 2006, 12:27 AM
just after that conversation we had the other night.. :eek::disapprove:

sorry to hear that GAJ, if I had a wheel, it would be yours, but of the 12 wheels in my garage, all have tyres and none are s-lite's..

best of luck. :D

Mini Me
22nd August 2006, 12:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Spun the car this morning on the A71 in Ayrshire. Torrential wet weather and what looked like diesel on the exit of the roundabout! :( Even Goodyear F1's were no match! Nearside rear wheel battered the kerb and will need replaced. The rear tyres are pretty worn, only 2 or 3 mm of tread left and I was planning on replacing them soon. Just wish that I had replaced them earlier now. If you thought my old wheels were badly kerbed you should see this! ;) I think there may be some suspension damage too - car is being checked just now.

bummer , hope it aint too bad mate :disapprove:

The Dogfather
22nd August 2006, 01:53 AM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune GAJ, still at least you're in one piece.

stoney
22nd August 2006, 03:28 AM
ouch :( sorry 2 here that

macblob
22nd August 2006, 04:50 AM
Glad to hear your ok ya mad loony.....is the car worth cleaning? ;)

GAJ
22nd August 2006, 05:32 PM
I'm expecting it to be spotless when I get it back.

Scottie
22nd August 2006, 05:48 PM

I'm expecting it to be spotless when I get it back.

the extent some folks will go to get their car cleaned.;):p No S lites in loft sorry.:)

bpirie1000
22nd August 2006, 06:31 PM
Looks Like it'll be an E-Bay Purchase.

Glad your alright

What was the Diagnosis on the suspension.??

GAJ
22nd August 2006, 07:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

Glad your alright

Suspension is shagged - apparently over £900 of parts required. Plus labour!! At least that has ended the 'pay myself / claim insurance' quandry! It also means that I don't need to find a cheap wheel!

Gismo
22nd August 2006, 08:03 PM
Eek :eek:

Big Col
22nd August 2006, 08:41 PM

quote:Originally posted by bpirie1000

Glad your alright

Suspension is shagged - apparently over £900 of parts required. Plus labour!! At least that has ended the 'pay myself / claim insurance' quandry! It also means that I don't need to find a cheap wheel!

Yeah there's no way you'll be going through insurance to pay that measley sum! <feels faint> £900 just for parts! Serious sore one!