PDA

View Full Version : HELP, i-pod/cd boost

N12 JLK
19th August 2006, 05:46 AM
Menzies fitted an auxiliary port this week to my car so I can listen to my i-pod , I finally got the correct cable tonight in the post that fits from the i-pod to the auxiliary port, I connected it all up and turned the radio on but there is no sound coming through from the i-pod and I have tried pressing every button on the cd boost unit but no bloody sound now at this point im pissed off so can anyone help before I go on the phone tommorow and NAG. Im wanting a full refund if this isnt compatable as they shouldnt have sold this to me if this is the case.:(:(

Gismo
19th August 2006, 01:29 PM
Check to make sure your iPod is turned up to maximum volume, if it's a newer style then increase the maximum setting too, also make sure you have selected the correct source on the head unit, should be aux ;) hope that helps
Is the cable a simple mini stereo jack male to male :question:

N12 JLK
19th August 2006, 04:55 PM
There is no button on the cd boost radio unit with the aux button to press or when you press the mode button it only gives you he option of either radio or cd. This is the cable Menzies told me to buy.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/lesley12/pg16.jpg

Gismo
19th August 2006, 05:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK
There is no button on the cd boost radio unit with the aux button to press or when you press the mode button it only gives you he option of either radio or cd. This is the cable Menzies told me to buy.I can't see the picture, BP blocks photobucket :disapprove:
However, you have to be able to change the source or you cannot possibly hear the iPod, Menzies installed an aux port so the head unit has to get there, somehow, best to phone them and ask them how they checked it after the install ;)

Methinks the lead isn't in the back of the head unit properly, thus not being able to select aux in on the mode button ;)

Scottie
20th August 2006, 06:14 AM
Jason,

on my cd boost head unit it certainly was not a cable that looked like that. fitted by calterdon. It was ice link which also charges the ipod. used in place of the cd changer.

It brings the name up on the radio and you can control volume via head unit etc etc.

On my 1 series the ipod was connected via a jack plug already installed in the car better know as aux socket. used 3.5 jack plug and monster ipod bottom connector you could control the volume via the head unit but you had to set the volume high under the aux setting.

No idea about you got. sorry.

N12 JLK
20th August 2006, 05:56 PM
Cheers anyway. Taking it into Menzies tomorrow for them to have a look.

Clare1
20th August 2006, 08:38 PM
See you tomorrow Jason!

N12 JLK
22nd August 2006, 04:23 AM
I-pod is now working, Big thanks to Clair for sorting it out . Sorry to have got you involved Clair but no one else was as helpfull as you in getting it sorted or had a clue:cool:

Scottie
22nd August 2006, 04:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

I-pod is now working, Big thanks to Clair for sorting it out . Sorry to have got you involved Clair but no one else was as helpfull as you in getting it sorted or had a clue:cool:

multi tasking again was she.;):D

N12 JLK
22nd August 2006, 04:36 AM
Funnily enough she was doing her ironing and dusting at the sametime today:p

Gismo
22nd August 2006, 12:21 PM
So what was the "problem" :I

Bignorm
22nd August 2006, 07:04 PM
sorry i could not have helped but was on friday night and was on holliday glad its sorted now tho

Clare1
22nd August 2006, 10:05 PM
Glad its sorted now, you all know i'll do whatever i can to help you out.

Multitasking is my speciality!! lol

N12 JLK
23rd August 2006, 05:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

So what was the "problem" :I

Lesley never asked she just wanted out the place:(