PDA

View Full Version : hello - general catch up, and a wee sad story.

Tony
8th December 2003, 10:02 PM
hello there abady.

i know i aint been around for a LONG time - almost since the cruise in Aberdeen in september, but that has been all down to the fault of my uni lecturers and the crappy coursework they have insisted on giving me since then. its almost xmas though, and im having a break from typing my reports, so i thought id catch up.

by the way calum, ive STILL got to send you pics of the italian job cruise, but the last time i tried, your hotmail address wasnt working? - ill try again when i get a minute - i promise!!

anyway, we finally got the new car from mini. our replacement, after our first cooper was rejected. at one stage we werent going to get the new car unless we signed a disclaimer saying we wouldnt slag of mini about how rubbish the first car had been!! anyhow, when it came time to pick it up, that had been forgotten about.

the car is great!! needs bigger rims, but ive got my eye on the schnitzer alloys which JC sell. as long as i can choose my rubber, and they dont give me those rubbish pirelli jobbies ill be happy.
car is now run in, and going much better than our red coop ever did. still rattles mind, but no worries. new stereo is in, induction kit is fitted (at times), and little pieces like that are done.
she is called sonic by the way, so give her a wave if you see her.

unfortunately, ive got to say, that only 1 week after we had her, some idiot drove into her. we dont know where, or when,..well we know roughly, but basically no note was left on her, and they drove off. £700.00 worth of damage from a trashed front bumper, plastic trim, headlight, dented bonnet, etc, etc. makes you sick. anyway, my pockets are now lighter and my premiums will be set to go up next year, which is charming.

glad to hear abady is still having mucho fun, and im well chuffed that ive finally got round to posting again. its been so long, that i even had to retype my password, as i think the site had forgotten who i was!!

have a good xmas folks, ill hopefully see some of you about.
and calum, i WILL get some pics for your gallery very soon,

see ya'll

Gismo
8th December 2003, 10:21 PM
Welcome back Tony, glad to hear you got your rejected car sorted and sorry to hear about the damage :blackeye:

There are 2 runs organised for December if you think you can attend

Bonnie Scotland

knaone
8th December 2003, 11:20 PM
Good to hear that you managed to get a replacement car sorted out... but sorry to hear about the little incident... main thing was no-one was hurt and all is mended.. :)

Monsta Mo Mini
9th December 2003, 12:03 AM
Welcome back Tony. Sorry to hear about your misfortune!
Don't use my Hotmail address as it disnae work!
info@newminiscotland.co.uk is the one you want.

Big Gordy
9th December 2003, 12:17 AM
m3 there was talk of a picture gallery of the Italian Job events wasn't there :eek: What happened 8) did it die :dead: or have you just not found time to do it yet :p:D:approve:

Monsta Mo Mini
9th December 2003, 02:55 AM
Gordy - I was actually waiting until I got some more pics from around the country. I will get round to it at some point.