PDA

View Full Version : Indicator bulb question please help

Scottie
17th August 2006, 05:20 AM
Savage Amber LED 581 (B771)
18 Amber LED's Ultra Bright Direct replacement for 581 Flasher-indicator

Ultra low voltage consumption 360 Degree Wide Angle

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/b771.jpg

do you think I would still need a resistors fitted for these.

I'm looking for a really bright indicator bulbs for my halo side light / repeaters. At the moment they are not to bright as it has no lense for the bulb to reflect off.:(

Craig
17th August 2006, 05:35 AM
fiona,

they look like they would just plug in.... don't think you would have to change/add anything. I would just check that they are the right ones for your car (which you probably have)..

let me know how you get on, 'cos I did notice that with marky's re the fairly dim indicator... :D

Scottie
17th August 2006, 05:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

fiona,

they look like they would just plug in.... don't think you would have to change/add anything. I would just check that they are the right ones for your car (which you probably have)..

let me know how you get on, 'cos I did notice that with marky's re the fairly dim indicator... :D

do you think they would do any damage re the low wattage bit or would they just not work

X30YES
17th August 2006, 01:33 PM
Low voltage consumption ??? and 12/9 off set pins are good to go on a mini

Scottie
17th August 2006, 04:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

i am not so sure I reckon they will flash quickly. because the car will think the bulb not working with the to low voltage thingy.

I know say like the LR Discovery have resistors built into the lamp units don't think mini have anything like that.

markyc
18th August 2006, 04:01 AM
Fi is it made by Savage :question::question:

I know the Ultra make bulbs inc led's are just a direct replacement :approve: Would agree with you on the 'not to bright' indicator bulb fitted to the Halo's but wouldn't change them back as they look just too good switched off or on :approve::approve::approve::approve::p:D;)

Cooper_si
18th August 2006, 04:08 AM
Im tempted to just buy some from ultra tomorrow morning to find out ;)

Scottie
18th August 2006, 04:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

I know the Ultra make bulbs inc led's are just a direct replacement :approve: Would agree with you on the 'not to bright' indicator bulb fitted to the Halo's but wouldn't change them back as they look just too good switched off or on :approve::approve::approve::approve::p:D;)

yeh savage :question:

Cooper_si
18th August 2006, 04:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

ULTRA make them too....ULTRA make the halo sidelights also :D

Ive got to phone them tomoz, so will order these bulbs in and see if they work right

Scottie
18th August 2006, 04:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Cooper_si

ULTRA make them too....ULTRA make the halo sidelights also :D

Ive got to phone them tomoz, so will order these bulbs in and see if they work right

good lad let us know.:cool:

Cooper_si
18th August 2006, 04:25 AM
I PROMISE :D

ScottishCooper
18th August 2006, 09:35 PM
Would be interested to hear how this is too, as I am looking to get the Halo's soon. Might as well do this replacement at the same time.

mikeythemini
21st August 2006, 04:05 AM
The Ultra ones come with resistors which must be wired in.
PLUS
They don't work at all in the front indicators on the Mini unless you chop the wires & reverse the polarity ;)
Found that out when fitting my first set last week

ScottishCooper
21st August 2006, 04:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by mikeythemini

PLUS
They don't work at all in the front indicators on the Mini unless you chop the wires & reverse the polarity ;)

Anyone know if the Savage one fits without all the above hassles?

Scottie
21st August 2006, 05:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by mikeythemini

PLUS

I'll be in touch.;)

Cooper_si
25th August 2006, 03:27 PM
mikeys right....they dont work....grrrrrr

Alfie
30th August 2006, 03:04 AM

quote:Originally posted by X30YES

i am not so sure I reckon they will flash quickly. because the car will think the bulb not working with the to low voltage thingy.

I know say like the LR Discovery have resistors built into the lamp units don't think mini have anything like that.

Yes you will need resistors to be wired into the indicators or they flash too quickly - its very easy to do though.