PDA

View Full Version : Portable Sat Nav

Scottie
16th August 2006, 06:28 PM
Ok one of our managers retires in a couple of weeks. The girls in the office and the guys round the depots have collected money together.

They have came to me and said they want to get him a Sat Nav and would I choose it and go out and buy it.

Jeez no pressure to get it right then.

He collects his new Merc in a couple of weeks and I know he defo want a portable satnav as we were talking about them don't think it will need to have bluetooth.

So what would you recommend. Budget is £300 / £400

Sweeney
16th August 2006, 07:30 PM
any of the tomtoms is a good bet if you ask me.

Scottie
16th August 2006, 07:43 PM
was thinking about the Road Angel thought having the sat nav and cameras would be a good combo.

Sweeney
16th August 2006, 07:47 PM
Thats an option also :p to get speed cameras onto a tomtom you would have to download/subscribe the package from the website... i think stoney has it.

"TomTom PLUS:

Real-time traffic: Up-to-the-minute traffic information, jam alerts and road condition warnings. 1 month trial for free, click here for offer and availability.
Real-time weather reports: A real-time overview of the weather before you leave, including 5-day forecasts for the place you’re going.
Safety cameras: Receive and report alerts when there are safety cameras coming up, fixed or mobile."

Scottie
16th August 2006, 07:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Thats an option also :p to get speed cameras onto a tomtom you would have to download the package from the website... i think stoney has it.

h'mm don't think he be up for that takes him all his time to unzip any attachments we send him.:evil:

Big Col
16th August 2006, 07:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
h'mm don't think he be up for that takes him all his time to unzip

That must be a nightmare when he need a pee! :D

Scottie
16th August 2006, 07:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
h'mm don't think he be up for that takes him all his time to unzip

That must be a nightmare when he need a pee! :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/lmao.gif

john
16th August 2006, 08:25 PM
Snooper indago for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.snooperdirect.com/

weefozzy Jr
16th August 2006, 08:46 PM
bought dad the Road Angel Navigator. really good. would recommend.

stoney
16th August 2006, 09:05 PM
i hav the tom tom one it is verry good u can have the trafic and camres on it its a very good unit !!!

X30YES
17th August 2006, 12:07 AM
www.mapsrus.co.uk , a good buy and would leave about £395 of drinking vouchers to spend when he gets to his destination :p