PDA

View Full Version : FAO MTH 98RON Users

Sweeney
15th August 2006, 05:40 AM
Just wondering if you could state which fuel you use with your 98RON files. Optimax? Ultimate? Tesco? Standard Fuel w/ Additive etc.

Scottie
15th August 2006, 05:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Just wondering if you could state which fuel you use with your 98RON files. Optimax? Ultimate? Tesco? etc.

Ultimate but only cause it's on my road to work. would use Optimax aswell.

Sweeney
15th August 2006, 05:44 AM
No problems from switching between them that you can tell of?

Reason i ask is because i have 2 bp garages within 200 yards of my work and another a 2min drive from house, closest shell garage to the house is further away than the bp and a lot further from work than the bp.

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 05:44 AM
Always Optimax,:D don't like Ultimate.:( Sorry Fi.;)

Sweeney
15th August 2006, 05:47 AM
Only because you had bad experiences with the manifold you had ;)

I ran optimax for a while but all it done from the first fill up was create problems: flat spots which weren't there before, spluttering, yo-yoing etc :( Yes i know they are the same fuel only different/different amount of additives added by each supplier fiona before you start to lecture me :clown:

Scottie
15th August 2006, 05:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

I'm saying nothing;)

Scottie
15th August 2006, 05:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

No problems from switching between them that you can tell of?

Reason i ask is because i have 2 bp garages within 200 yards of my work and another a 2min drive from house, closest shell garage to the house is further away than the bp and a lot further from work than the bp.

Sweeney no problem at all both same product and same additive no matter who says what..:)

Sweeney
15th August 2006, 05:50 AM
Ah ok good, ultimate it is then ;)

Cooper_si
15th August 2006, 06:00 AM
You can get two files.....

95-97 Ron
98 + Ron

Always use the RON you order, or higer, going lower may cause engine Pinking.
So for example....

MISS X orders a 98 file.....she can use 98 upwards, but cant use 95-97 RON

or

MISS X orders a 95-97 file......she can use anything above 95 RON with no problems at all.

The downside to a 95-97 RON file....its will loose you a couple of BHP of the claimed MTH figures.

Hope that helps peeps

;)

Sweeney
15th August 2006, 06:02 AM
I know simon :p, was just making sure using ultimate won't cause any problems. Now go before the mods catch you on here! ;):D:D:D

sleepyrascal
15th August 2006, 06:08 AM
I always used optimax with my MTH. But one day my tank was dry as a bone. The nearest petrol was sainsburys so i filled up with their premium fuel. I swear my car ran smoother!!!

Sweeney
15th August 2006, 06:08 AM
From my experience with optimax (described above) i'd guess it probably did run smoother :)

Kosta
15th August 2006, 06:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I'm saying nothing;)

Fuel Card? :D:p

stoney
15th August 2006, 06:37 AM
i like the sainsburys but is only 97 but no mater as i have a shell just 5 mins away from my door !!!!

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 06:40 AM
Sweeney, it wasn't just the manifold/emissions light issue. We tried Ultimate before we changed the cat and I'm sure the car felt less responsive. Like it's get-up-and-go had got up and gone.

Fi, didn't you say in the past it was slightly different additive in Ultimate as what was in Optimax? Or a slightly different amount of additive? Or something like that.:question:

A.:D

Scottie
15th August 2006, 06:52 AM

Sweeney, it wasn't just the manifold/emissions light issue. We tried Ultimate before we changed the cat and I'm sure the car felt less responsive. Like it's get-up-and-go had got up and gone.

Fi, didn't you say in the past it was slightly different additive in Ultimate as what was in Optimax? Or a slightly different amount of additive? Or something like that.:question:

A.:D

same additive different amount depending on supply terminal.

Scotland is mainly supplied via BP so the additive is greater for Optimax or less as the case maybe but same additive.

for 95 ron in Scotland the supermarkets will have their volume allocated but may exceed and could buy product froma third party which means you are getting fuel refined to standard where the majors refine to above standard.

In England is whole different bag you got loads of supply points.

Scottie
15th August 2006, 06:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by Kosta

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

I'm saying nothing;)

Fuel Card? :D:p

got to pay just like anyone else so Morrisons for my diesel.