PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one

Scottie
15th August 2006, 04:40 AM
who is excited about the new Mini.

Old against new

Mini2 Article (http://www.mini2.com/article389--exclusive-1st-generation-2nd-generation-mini-comparisons-in-pictures.html)
Who thinks it looks better

and is really tempted to get their name down.

Thinking wouldn't it be cool to have 1 of the old new style Mini and 1 of the new new style Mini.

Sweeney
15th August 2006, 04:41 AM
Only things i like about it is the decent looking side skirts for the cooper and the fact that the S has a black plastic grille than chrome. :p

You could go the whole way and get a classic too fiona ;)

Scottie
15th August 2006, 04:45 AM
It's going to be one of those cars like the 5 series it comes out most folks think it's ugly worse looking and before you know it you are loving the looks.

duncan
15th August 2006, 04:52 AM
There's not much of a change, but the ones they've made are not for the better.

I really dislike the grille, and lights.

stoney
15th August 2006, 04:57 AM
dont like it at all the only thing ince about it is the inside the dials and stuff but thats it !!!!!

X30YES
15th August 2006, 05:01 AM
I like it , normally I'm not big on changes ,and leave a good thing alone etc .... but do like this new model .Watch the For Sale Thread:p:D:D
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/minn11_8001.jpg
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/minn12_8001.jpg

Sweeney
15th August 2006, 05:07 AM
Angus haven't you noticed something wierd in that second picture... (hint: look at the badge) ;)

Gorbash12346
15th August 2006, 05:08 AM
sorry i dnt like it :( looks too much likeit's trying to be a bigger car if u get what i mean

Scottie
15th August 2006, 05:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

I'm sure you're not the only one excited about the new MINI. I love the pics I've seen so far.:D

But you may be the only one with the cash/funding ability to simply go and buy a new one, just "'cos it's a new one":I. Whereas the rest of us who live in the real world have to wait until we "need" to change to a new one, for whatever reason.:(:I

But not to worry, I'm sure someone on the site will be delighted to pick up an ex-(Scottiecoop)-demonstrator after a few months:D:D. It will come fitted with a tonne of carbon fibre, ice-link, 19" R10767's ultra light carbon fibre wheels, coded arches, JCW seats, leather dash - with you're own requested shade of stitching to match a pullover of Allan's, strut brace and fancy wee valve cap covers with the S logo. Oh no!:eek: Wait, you gave them to me.:eek::D;)

A.:D

my ParkLane is pretty standard.;) apart from a few wee bits.

:cool:

The rest well don't know what to say really.:(

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 05:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Sorry Fi, I didn't mean to p!ss you off.

Just jealous I'm not in the same position as you. Really love the new look of the car and would love to go buy one:). But not this year:(. Next year maybe.:)

Scottie
15th August 2006, 05:34 AM

Just jealous I'm not in the same position as you. Really love the new look of the car and would love to go buy one:). But not this year:(. Next year maybe.:)

you didn't piss me off just hurt my feelings;):p that's all http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/icon_bigcry.gifhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/icon_bigcry.gif

X30YES
15th August 2006, 05:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Angus haven't you noticed something wierd in that second picture... (hint: look at the badge) ;)
just like it going that way thats all :p...(pest);):D

X30YES
15th August 2006, 05:49 AM
quote:Really love the new look of the car and would love to go buy one:). But not this year:(. Next year maybe.:)
Just chuck a few £ on the ticket prices and bump up the pop corn A ...np :D:D:D

Sweeney
15th August 2006, 05:50 AM
:clown:

:D

stoney
15th August 2006, 06:27 AM
i just dont like it i think the current mini is so much better looking

it those orange bits in the head light for the indercaters think it looks like some one has slaped a egg on it !!!!!!! :)

Kosta
15th August 2006, 06:30 AM
I'm not into it at all... the best way i can describe it, is its gone saggy. Its got a saggy arse, and a broken nose! lol

Craig
15th August 2006, 06:34 AM
much prefer the new look "S" to the Cooper...:approve:

think I will wait to see what it looks like in the flesh, before checking with the boss if I can get one... :D

Big Col
15th August 2006, 03:42 PM

If that's the case I'm curious to know what other reaction you expected from a w@nky post like that:question:

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 03:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

If that's the case I'm curious to know what other reaction you expected from a w@nky post like that:question:

Not really looking for any reaction,:eek: just having a sh!t day,:( but Fi knows that anyway.

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 04:18 PM
I've deleted my post.

I really didn't want to cause Fi any distress, and meant no harm. It was merely an observation, and carried lots of smilies to reflect the tone.

Fi knows us and knows our sense of humour. Just as we know hers.

Big Col, I wouldn't want you to get the wrong impression, and I can see if this subject is stirred, it will all end in tears.

A.

CooperTrooper
15th August 2006, 04:30 PM
LOL, had to laugh at that - 'the real world'

in the real 'real world' everyone doesnt run about in cooper s's and X5 jeeps! :eek:

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 04:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by CooperTrooper

X5 jeeps! :eek:

Should that say an X5 or a Jeep.;)

s12cot
15th August 2006, 04:39 PM
really like the look of the 's' :D not so sure on the cooper though

minimadtez
15th August 2006, 05:19 PM
Yuck yuck YUCK!!!!!

If it aint broke, dont fix it!

Whats wrong with the MINI how it is?!?!!

Clare1
15th August 2006, 06:16 PM
Five years down the line, surley its understandable that there HAD to be some small changes...

MINI has had a phenomnenal success over the past few years, and sitting where i am, i can see that the all excitement that surrounds the R56 unbelievable.

This car is going to drive the success of MINI even higher than it is today.

minimadtez
15th August 2006, 06:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

Eben though its ugly?! :dead:

and there didnt have to be changes.....the MINI is popular as it is, I dont see how making it look vile will help it. My opinion anyway

CooperTrooper
15th August 2006, 06:41 PM
The interior looks nice, and the new engines and drivetrain should freshen the car up nicely

though i think the front looks higher/rounder, and just more cuddly and less sporty?

hopefully look a bit better in the flesh! :I

GAJ
15th August 2006, 06:48 PM
I think I remember reading that there did need to be changes made. The current MINI does not meet proposed legislation aimed at minimising injury if a car hits a pedestrian - hence the new cars higher, more rounded front.

Personally I quite like it. If I wasn't skint, I'd buy one.

Burple
15th August 2006, 07:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Lol...
They're BOTH the wrong way round... look at the petrol cap in the first.. :p:p:p

Burple
15th August 2006, 07:16 PM

all these Chealsea Tractors are the same are they not?;);):p:p

Burple
15th August 2006, 07:22 PM
Hmm.. The black grille and the side repeaters look horribly cheap, and those indicators at the front?? What were they thinking? Hope there will be a clear / white alternative available.. :dead:

That said, The interior is growing on me, very BMW, but how on earth are we supposed to be able put a nice stereo in there with an integrated hi fi system? Will there be space for one? Not being funny, but the quality of OEM in car stuff really is terrible compared to aftermarket stuff. I wanna hear my music loud AND clear, with no tinny distortion from crappy cheap speakers..
..No the HK kit won't do the job! ;):p

Big Col
15th August 2006, 08:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

but how on earth are we supposed to be able put a nice stereo in there with an integrated hi fi system?

HERE! Lil ted has a blody good point there!!! Clare??? CLARE????

Scottie
15th August 2006, 09:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

but how on earth are we supposed to be able put a nice stereo in there with an integrated hi fi system?

HERE! Lil ted has a blody good point there!!! Clare??? CLARE????

well I guess it is a bit like buying a BMW with i Drive you can't change the head unit but maybe you will a get a clean sweep or some other bits to add amps and better speakers.

Or maybe for a ££££££ you could spec DSP like in other BMW's or maybe they will do 3 levels of sound system all 2 costing more £££ or maybe they will be like Land Rover and sell the motors with standard type Logic 7 systems:cool:.

Burple
15th August 2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah... the £££££ is the problem part. Gimme the same amount of cash to go spend on an aftermarket system and it'll wee from a great height on the one from the options list ;):p:D

Watch it Bungle! ;):p:p:p:p:p

zimbo
15th August 2006, 10:06 PM
Mmmmm I'm not to keen on this new mogel at all, but i must admit I quiet like the sound of this mood lighting thingy... and like the little one has pointed out, aftermarket stereo fitment seems to be a NO NO!!

Will have to wait and see it in the flesh so to speak before I pass final judgement on it. :D

I noticed on Angus' second picture (on the S) that there appears to be a fog light on each side of the rear bumper unlike the Cooper which has it in the middle of the bumper!! :p

Clare what are the new colours? Read words like 'mellow yellow' and 'rooster red' etc etc, any more info?

The Bull
15th August 2006, 10:59 PM
I really like it and I'll bet that most of you who don't will grow to like them when you see them in the flesh.

Have just been on the official site Here (http://www.newmini2006.co.uk/) and I wish I was getting one. Looks yummy. :p:p:p:p

AndyP & Lenore
16th August 2006, 03:10 AM

all these Chealsea Tractors are the same are they not?;);):p:p

Yes. All come from same factory. Same engine, same spec, same body, same colours, same manufacturers.

Away and polish yer bunnet ye wee sh!t stirrir.;)

AndyP & Lenore
16th August 2006, 03:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ
Personally I quite like it. If I wasn't skint, I'd buy one.

:approve:

Scottie
16th August 2006, 04:50 AM
another good link about the new new mini

New Mini (http://www.mini.com/com/en/new_mini_cooper_s/index.jsp?refType=teaserHomepage&refPage=/com/en/general/homepage/content.jsp)

Sweeney
16th August 2006, 04:53 AM
lol @ the video

AndyP & Lenore
16th August 2006, 05:31 AM

another good link about the new new mini

New Mini (http://www.mini.com/com/en/new_mini_cooper_s/index.jsp?refType=teaserHomepage&refPage=/com/en/general/homepage/content.jsp)

PMSL for ages. That video and interactive stuff in hilarious. The shark burping and the wee machines to change the colour of the car etc. All great stuff. Car looks good too.:D

A.

X30YES
16th August 2006, 05:32 AM
Burping .:eek:...I thought it was growling at me and nearly jumped out ma seat :I:p:D

The Dogfather
16th August 2006, 06:10 AM
Well given the improved fuel figures I might be putting my name down for a Cooper S, have to wait and see what it drives like first though.......

lightbody
16th August 2006, 07:26 AM
I think its awful. The new engines sound fab... everything else sounds awful.

Gismo
16th August 2006, 12:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon
Well given the improved fuel figures I might be putting my name down for a Cooper S, have to wait and see what it drives like first though.......Because the suspension is too hard etc etc i'm only gonna put my name down for a a traveller when they come out ;):p

I quite like the new look too, i may be tempted

The Dogfather
16th August 2006, 02:36 PM
If the suspension is hard, I won't be buying one. MINI2 did say though that the suspension was better, I think :I

Burple
16th August 2006, 05:53 PM
quote:
Yes. All come from same factory. Same engine, same spec, same body, same colours, same manufacturers.

Away and polish yer bunnet ye wee sh!t stirrir.;)

:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D

Duncan Stewart
17th August 2006, 12:02 AM
I'm not liking it much so far but I'm sure it will grow on me and I will end up wanting one :D

stoney
17th August 2006, 12:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Well given the improved fuel figures I might be putting my name down for a Cooper S, have to wait and see what it drives like first though.......Because the suspension is too hard etc etc i'm only gonna put my name down for a a traveller when they come out ;):p

I quite like the new look too, i may be tempted

i think the s should be a hard ride it all part of the fun and make me fell a lot safer when going round the corners if it was not as hard i would put a set of spring and shoks 2 harden it up but that is me i like my car 2 be stiff :D:D:D

james f
17th August 2006, 05:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by stone

i just dont like it i think the current mini is so much better looking

it those orange bits in the head light for the indercaters think it looks like some one has slaped a egg on it !!!!!!! :)

yep my thoughts as well the current is just well pefect clean mine today and looking at it all clean just gave me the same happy feeling feeling as it has since hte day i got it

stoney
17th August 2006, 08:21 PM
any one get a voucher in the post for £500 off a new mini !:p

i did if some one is buying a new one:eek: and dose not have it u can have mine:D:D as i dont like the look of it:mad: !!!

AndyP & Lenore
17th August 2006, 08:52 PM

any one get a voucher in the post for £500 off a new mini !:p

i did if some one is buying a new one:eek: and dose not have it u can have mine:D:D as i dont like the look of it:mad: !!!

Where did that come from? MINI themselves? Or a Dealership?

CooperTrooper
17th August 2006, 08:58 PM
i got one from douglas park

would be better if you could use 4 or 5 together though :I

stoney
17th August 2006, 11:03 PM
douglas park but i did not bye my mini from them !!!!

ELFMAN
17th August 2006, 11:13 PM
“Mood Lighting”? What's all that about then? Is that on the “Winchin'” options list, what next, Champagne Cooler? BMW Logo Condom Dispenser? Maybe a "Works" dispenser for the faster ones???

As a "seasoned" MINI owner, I'll take Clare's post with a wee pinch of Dealer-Spin salt if you don't mind......

Not sure about the looks. First impressions - too high and 'Dumpy' and I reckon they've gone for 'cuddly' and dropped 'aggressive' from the styling list. It almost gets away with its new bum, but again, it's added a 'weight' to the back end which isn't beneficial. I see the 'S' still has the bonnet scoop - does it have an intercooler for the new engine's turbo, or is it just to differentiate the 'S' from the other models? Maybe too costly to re-jig for a different bonnet? And surely they could have found a new wheel style?

Don't get me wrong, it'll still be a great car, and I'll have to see it in the metal (although we DID see a bare metal bodyshell 'by mistake' on the factory tour), but I prefer the original shape which has a certain 'lightness' and more focussed style. All successive marques of a model tend to put on weight during their lifetime as more room is required and folks want more (usually non-driving-focussed) toys - look at what happened to the Golf...

So there will be those of us who'll stick with our 'old skool' new MINIs and those who like the 'New' New MINI - each to their own, there's room for everybody. In a VERY small way, it reflects on the divided opinions of 'Classic' Mini fans on the first 'Reborn' MINI in 2001. Although the product development phase is five as opposed to forty-five years! Ironic eh?

Mood lighting?, Fancy ICE?, Nice Interiors? Better MPG????? BAH HUMBUG! I'M AWAY TO LISTEN TO MY SUPERCHARGER SCREAMING AND MY MOTOR BINGE-DRINKING OPTIMAX!!!!

Scottie
17th August 2006, 11:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

“Mood Lighting”? What's all that about then? Is that on the “Winchin'” options list, what next, Champagne Cooler? BMW Logo Condom Dispenser? Maybe a "Works" dispenser for the faster ones???

As a "seasoned" MINI owner, I'll take Clare's post with a wee pinch of Dealer-Spin salt if you don't mind......

Not sure about the looks. First impressions - too high and 'Dumpy' and I reckon they've gone for 'cuddly' and dropped 'aggressive' from the styling list. It almost gets away with its new bum, but again, it's added a 'weight' to the back end which isn't beneficial. I see the 'S' still has the bonnet scoop - does it have an intercooler for the new engine's turbo, or is it just to differentiate the 'S' from the other models? Maybe too costly to re-jig for a different bonnet? And surely they could have found a new wheel style?

Don't get me wrong, it'll still be a great car, and I'll have to see it in the metal (although we DID see a bare metal bodyshell 'by mistake' on the factory tour), but I prefer the original shape which has a certain 'lightness' and more focussed style. All successive marques of a model tend to put on weight during their lifetime as more room is required and folks want more (usually non-driving-focussed) toys - look at what happened to the Golf...

So there will be those of us who'll stick with our 'old skool' new MINIs and those who like the 'New' New MINI - each to their own, there's room for everybody. In a VERY small way, it reflects on the divided opinions of 'Classic' Mini fans on the first 'Reborn' MINI in 2001. Although the product development phase is five as opposed to forty-five years! Ironic eh?

Mood lighting?, Fancy ICE?, Nice Interiors? Better MPG????? BAH HUMBUG! I'M AWAY TO LISTEN TO MY SUPERCHARGER SCREAMING AND MY MOTOR BINGE-DRINKING OPTIMAX!!!!

Hey Elfman,

I'll show you this post when you've bought your new new mini next year.;):blackeye::p:kiss::kiss:

Duncan Stewart
17th August 2006, 11:58 PM
Had a chance to look at it properly on the "newmini2006" website last night and its growing on me already :p :D
I like the new wheels especially the "Spooler" and "Blaster" :cool: - I'm sure I will be able to pick up a set cheap for my current Cooper next year, as the fashion conscious replace them with bigger wheels ;)
I see the Bridge spoke and Flame spoke alloys from the Parklane & Checkmate have become main stream wheels. Shame BMW keeps main streaming supposed "exclusive features" (like some of the Cooper S colours in the past)
Overall I like the new selection of alloys, the fact the ride will be better and the improved fuel consumption.
I'm confused that the Cooper has more power, variable valve timing and a 6 speed box yet there is no improvement in the performance figures, yet the Cooper S figures do improve?!

And I sincerely hope there will none of the pathetic new mini v old mini carry on that there is with some classic owners :( I think we are all sensible enough to respect each others diverse choice of minis & mods - its part of what makes minis such fun :D

So it Fiona running at number one in the stakes for who will get one first in NMS :D:p Go for it Fi :cool:

X30YES
18th August 2006, 12:04 AM

douglas park but i did not bye my mini from them !!!!
DP always send out £500 vouchers at the new reg date ,guess I'll have one as well waiting when I get home next week .

Scottie
18th August 2006, 12:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

Had a chance to look at it properly on the "newmini2006" website last night and its growing on me already :p :D
I like the new wheels especially the "Spooler" and "Blaster" :cool: - I'm sure I will be able to pick up a set cheap for my current Cooper next year, as the fashion conscious replace them with bigger wheels ;)
I see the Bridge spoke and Flame spoke alloys from the Parklane & Checkmate have become main stream wheels. Shame BMW keeps main streaming supposed "exclusive features" (like some of the Cooper S colours in the past)
Overall I like the new selection of alloys, the fact the ride will be better and the improved fuel consumption.
I'm confused that the Cooper has more power, variable valve timing and a 6 speed box yet there is no improvement in the performance figures, yet the Cooper S figures do improve?!

And I sincerely hope there will none of the pathetic new mini v old mini carry on that there is with some classic owners :( I think we are all sensible enough to respect each others diverse choice of minis & mods - its part of what makes minis such fun :D

So it Fiona running at number one in the stakes for who will get one first in NMS :D:p Go for it Fi :cool:

I'm hoping to get one. not done anything yet as such although I have spoken to a couple of dealers. thinking Cooper S although this would be for the looks only.

Still have nightmares of my first new mini and the problems that had eventually dealer took it back. so common sense tells me to wait for a year just need to wait and see what happens.

markyc
18th August 2006, 03:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN
[br I'M AWAY TO LISTEN TO MY SUPERCHARGER SCREAMING AND MY MOTOR BINGE-DRINKING OPTIMAX!!!!

I can just hear that PlayMini fartin' and popin' Euan - QUALITY :approve::approve:;)

I think the new model looks great :approve: I think they've done a good job freshening the car up and can't wait to see it in the metal. I love the pics i've seen of the traveller as well so i've got a bit of a quandry on what to buy next but very much hoping to keep the Mini I have just now as well :approve::D;)

Mini Me
18th August 2006, 05:05 AM

Five years down the line, surley its understandable that there HAD to be some small changes...

MINI has had a phenomnenal success over the past few years, and sitting where i am, i can see that the all excitement that surrounds the R56 unbelievable.

Clare, admit it , you coppied that from an internal email:p:evil:;);)

Mini Me
18th August 2006, 05:08 AM

Ha Beanz, we all know thats copied from internal email:evil: aint no way you could spell phenomnenal(oh wait you cant)LOL:D:D:D:D:D

X30YES
18th August 2006, 05:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Only Me

Clare, admit it , you coppied that from an internal email:p:evil:;);)
At Least its original then :p;):D

Mini Me
18th August 2006, 05:20 AM
nae chance, she just cannae copy......:p

Burple
18th August 2006, 06:53 AM
quote:

Ha Beanz, we all know thats copied from internal email:evil: aint no way you could spell phenomnenal(oh wait you cant)LOL:D:D:D:D:D

Ahem... Pot calling kettle ;);):p:p

quote:Clare, admit it , you coppied that from an internal email

;):p:p:p

Mini Me
18th August 2006, 05:12 PM
sharrrap stumpy:p

euan
18th August 2006, 05:41 PM
I like the looks of it, and the new engines sound great.

What I don't think it is though, is as true to the original mini. The first "New" mini had all the styling cues and you could trace the ancestory - this was important to set the car out and for people to identify it. The new one is an evolution of that "new" car, losing some of the character.

As for the styling, looking at it as an individual car and not a new Mini. All BMWs are designed so they look fresh for the full 7 years of their life. Look at the 7 series - it's only now looking like a great looking car and not a big ars**d limo that it first did. Same with the 5, same with the Z4.

Will I buy one? Maybe. Havn't seen prices yet, but if it's more than the old car it would be hard to justify it. It was bad enough spending 17K on the S when I bought mine for what was (and is) a small car (albeit a so-called premium car that handles and goes like a dream and has a very loyal following!)

ELFMAN
18th August 2006, 05:58 PM
Scottie - as Sir Sean would say “Never Shay Never”.

Things always look better when you see them in the flesh (don't try that at home folks!) All I'd need is a benevolent benefactor to bung me the cash to go along with my (guessed) £11,000 trade-in to buy a new 'S'! Not aware of the new prices, but I bet I'd be looking at the thick end of 18K for a decent one. I can spend £5K on G3 ELF (14,000 and a bit on the clock) and have a 210 Works and a pair of Recaros....... I already have the suspension and brakes which I'd have to re-purchase - so you can see my point.

If I had unlimited funds? A MINI Traveller/Estate with Works (whatever form that may take) running gear - that would be fun! My 1st Mini was a wee '78 1100 Clubby Estate... but then again, my favourite Mini was a tuned blue '82 1000HLE..... what goes around comes around.

One of the reasons I love the 'S' is that daft Blower, turbos are ten a penny (although I'm sure the 'Works' upgrades won't be!). Anyway, it wouldn't be fair to Marky C to lose the exhaust, and I'd be genuinely sorry to sell my beloved motor.... but I'll look forward to seeing your latest (!) new one - just don't ask me to try out the "Mood Lighting".......

Clare1
18th August 2006, 08:05 PM
Haha, Iain aka Baldy, admit it, your just jealeous that we have glossy samples of the new colours and you dont. . . Nah Nah!!! ;0)

Admit it son, you miss the banter with me!!! hahaha

Duncan Stewart
18th August 2006, 11:27 PM
Still have nightmares of my first new mini and the problems that had eventually dealer took it back. so common sense tells me to wait for a year just need to wait and see what happens.

I don't think this version will have as many problems as the first BMW mini. It was a completely new design, new production line, etc rushed into production and moved around due the Rover / BMW split.
However this is simply an evolution of the existing design built on the existing production lines.
I suppose the most likely faults will be with the new engine install.

Clare1
19th August 2006, 12:28 AM
Just thought that you would all like to know that the R56 will be available to order with full specifications and prices from next week.
MINI will still do the Pepper and CHILI packs but with a few slight changes. ie Pepper pack will now include Manual Air Con.

Big Col
19th August 2006, 03:55 AM
Do they still do an Aero Kit Clare?

Clare1
19th August 2006, 05:09 PM
I should think so, but ive just emailed Paul @ MINI UK a huge list of questions about the new MINI and that was one of them....will let you know for deffo though.

Scottie
21st August 2006, 06:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

I don't think this version will have as many problems as the first BMW mini. It was a completely new design, new production line, etc rushed into production and moved around due the Rover / BMW split.
However this is simply an evolution of the existing design built on the existing production lines.
I suppose the most likely faults will be with the new engine install.

Good point. h'mm;)

OBN
22nd August 2006, 05:12 AM
I've decided after some close inspection that the interior of the new model is lovely, but on the exterior not only does the cooper S look as though its on stilts, but its got a squint! just like the Morgan Aero 8 (whose looks have never grown on me) albeit the mini squint goes outwards rather than in like the Morgan.

Either that or I'm going quietly insane

AndyP & Lenore
22nd August 2006, 05:26 AM

I should think so, but ive just emailed Paul @ MINI UK a huge list of questions about the new MINI and that was one of them....will let you know for deffo though.

Was one of your questions... "Will there be an Automatic Cooper S from Launch?"

And was another one.... "Will the JCW Kit be available in the Automatic Cooper S from launch?":D

Craig
22nd August 2006, 04:05 PM

Was one of your questions... "Will there be an Automatic Cooper S from Launch?"

And was another one.... "Will the JCW Kit be available in the Automatic Cooper S from launch?":D

OMG, will you stop with all this AUTO babble... that's at least 2 threads you've been banging on about your OAP gearbox...:eek::blackeye::p;):D

AndyP & Lenore
22nd August 2006, 05:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd
OMG, will you stop with all this AUTO babble... that's at least 2 threads you've been banging on about your OAP gearbox...:eek::blackeye::p;):D

You're just jealous that we can change gear quicker than you can.:D;)

The Dogfather
22nd August 2006, 05:08 PM

He daren't change gear any quicker in case the gearbox falls apart :p:evil:;)

AndyP & Lenore
22nd August 2006, 05:10 PM

He daren't change gear any quicker in case the gearbox falls apart :p:evil:;)

PMSL:D:D:D

X30YES
22nd August 2006, 11:56 PM

quote:Originally posted by craigd

Aye ,but it sounds like a bus :D:D

AndyP & Lenore
23rd August 2006, 12:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Aye ,but it sounds like a bus :D:D

What does? Our MINI?

A.

X30YES
23rd August 2006, 03:26 AM
High resolution photographs of the new mini (http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2007-Mini-Cooper-And-Mini-Cooper-S.htm) , interior and exterior

N12 JLK
23rd August 2006, 05:03 AM
superb pictures Angus

OBN
24th August 2006, 03:21 AM
Just spoke with someone who has driven the new Cooper S, his verdict the current one is more fun.

X30YES
24th August 2006, 04:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by OBN

Just spoke with someone who has driven the new Cooper S, his verdict the current one is more fun.
Knew it...old is better :D:D

OBN
24th August 2006, 05:23 AM
Seems to be! Just wish I could find one now

X30YES
3rd September 2006, 12:24 AM
more exterior and interior info here (http://www.newmini2006.co.uk/)

PACMAN
3rd September 2006, 05:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

quote:Originally posted by OBN

Knew it...old is better :D:D

he's means the mini yer old ...... :blackeye::eek::D