PDA

View Full Version : R56 - Your New Adventure begins here...

Clare1
15th August 2006, 12:45 AM
Right folks,

As you all know, MINI has been a phenomenal succes with over 800,000 MINIs sold worldwide since the launch in 2001.
Time for a change... Subtly to the Exterior...and with a Striking new Interior!!!

I know I have most of you are on my mailing list for brochures next month when they are available but today we have received 3 pages of info on the NEW MINI R56 with estimated OTR Prices and technical data direct from MINI UK.

The Cooper and CooperS go on sale before the end of the year.
It has been confirmed that the MINI One and MINI OneD will follow in the first half of 2007.

Customisation of the MINI starts with a wide range of paintwork colours, 12 body colours, 7 of which are brand new!!!

Anyone who would like to be one of the first to own one or discuss in detail with myself or Stuart then please call us on 01786 449370...

jamiec
15th August 2006, 02:56 AM
how much roughly will the new s be?

Clare1
15th August 2006, 06:17 PM
PM Sent Jamie...

ianking
15th August 2006, 07:02 PM
Claire would it be possible to forward your 3 pages of technical info and estimated prices or is it all still a bit hush hush.

The Dogfather
15th August 2006, 07:43 PM
Clare, can you send me prices and performance specs (0-60 and fuel figures) for the new models (Cooper and S)

Big Col
15th August 2006, 08:07 PM
Clare just get the 3 pages posted on here for heavens sake!!! :)

ianking
15th August 2006, 09:03 PM
I see the mini.co.uk website has finally put up details of the new mini. No prices as yet but lots of good images including the range of alloys.

Craig
15th August 2006, 09:59 PM
I know prices.... :p and the engine spec sounds nice.... :approve::approve:

ianking
15th August 2006, 10:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

I know prices.... :p and the engine spec sounds nice.... :approve::approve:

Well share your knowledge then:)

illegalhunter
15th August 2006, 10:15 PM
£12995 for the cooper the prices are on mini 2

ianking
15th August 2006, 11:34 PM
Yes but no body will buy one for that price. I really want to know what options are available and how much they are going to be.

N12 JLK
15th August 2006, 11:34 PM
£15500 for the S, think I would go for one of those, would like the step up.

Craig
16th August 2006, 12:01 AM
there are not detailed options prices yet (from the info I have seen). The price for the Cooper S is £15995 from the info I saw...(not sure where your getting that price from Jason ?) :D

175 bhp for the "S" does sound good though...:approve::approve:

Sweeney
16th August 2006, 12:03 AM
Could put an evo bonnet with loads of other vents and grilles on it onto the S, burberry stripes etc... Not as if the scoop is actually required now :clown:

Im not going to consider them until i see what they release re: the JCW mini/kit. Im hoping i'll like it as i want it to be my next car :)

From topgear:
"From November, UK buyers will be offered the Cooper and Cooper S models.

The Cooper uses a 120bhp 1.6-litre engine that serves up 0-62mph in 9.1 seconds and a top speed of 125mph.

The S uses a turbocharger to release 175bhp from the 1.6-litre engine, doing away with the original Cooper S's supercharger.

With only a fraction more power than its predecessor, the new S model is a whisker quicker all-round, with 0-62mph in 7.1 seconds and a top speed of 140mph.

Perhaps as impressive as the performance is the fuel economy - the Cooper S is capable of 40.9mpg on the combined cycle, which is very respectable for a hot hatch and more than 8mpg better than the previous S.

Both of the Cooper models remain front-wheel drive and will be offered with a six-speed manual gearbox as standard or an optional six-speed auto with steering wheel-mounted paddle shift.

The Cooper S will ride on firmer suspension to the Cooper, and both cars can be upgraded with a Sports Suspension option that stiffens the springs, shock absorbers and anti-roll bars.

The Mini Cooper will start at £12,995, which is £500 more than the outgoing model, and comes with 15in alloy wheels and run-flat tyres as standard.

The Cooper S gains 16in alloys and electronic stability control for its £15,995 asking price.

The £11,595 Mini One will follow the Cooper models in early 2007 and use a 1.4-litre engine.

The diesel model will arrive at the same time as the One, so it looks like those designers will be kept busy for a while yet."

Scottie
16th August 2006, 12:12 AM
next mod will be pages on fitting dump valves on to the turbo S:(

Sweeney
16th August 2006, 12:15 AM
haha aye forgot about that, how-to's on fitting a twin turbo from a merc v12 onto them etc too...