PDA

View Full Version : Help me clean my wheels!!!

minimadtez
14th August 2006, 11:11 PM
I have had my Hartge alloys for a year now, and I normally clean them with car shampoo......this used to make them look nice but now they are getting beyond that. I am not a fan of using any wheel cleaners that may damage my wheels. I want something harmless that will clean up the wheels and get the black that is starting to appear off.
Can anyone recommend anything?

MartinSullivan
14th August 2006, 11:17 PM
Muc-Off wheel cleaner is supposed to be non acidic and safe to use on alloy wheels, I havent tried it but those that have say its very good. I believe you can get it in Halfords, will go halves on a bottle if you will do my wheels too :D

minimadtez
16th August 2006, 12:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

Muc-Off wheel cleaner is supposed to be non acidic and safe to use on alloy wheels, I havent tried it but those that have say its very good. I believe you can get it in Halfords, will go halves on a bottle if you will do my wheels too :D

Deal......I'll do yours first, If it works I'll do mine! :D

stoney
16th August 2006, 01:23 AM
i us the magners stuff it is suoperb i have white wells !!!

X30YES
16th August 2006, 02:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by stone

i us the magners stuff it is suoperb i have white wells !!!
Why do you put Cider on your wheels ?:p:D

Sweeney
16th August 2006, 02:29 AM
LOL :D

magners... ( . )

(oh no the angus-ness is taking over- shoot me now! :blackeye:)

stoney
16th August 2006, 02:46 AM
lol very good :p:)

Wul
16th August 2006, 11:32 AM
Thumbs up for muc-off from Wul!! Save the magners for drinking!! :p

stoney
16th August 2006, 09:03 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek: :blackeye::blackeye::D

minimadtez
16th August 2006, 10:20 PM
Cool....thanks everyone.....Ill try cleaning my wheels and let you know how it goes :D

MartinSullivan
16th August 2006, 10:26 PM
You have to do mine first - that was the deal :D

minimadtez
17th August 2006, 12:59 AM
You are always FAR too busy these days :p

sleepyrascal
17th August 2006, 07:37 AM
Martin i'll pay half of your share if you clean mine! :D

I use the auto glym stuff. Its pretty mean stuff and works really well. I used to use Jiff (sorry, Ciff) to clean the wheels on my old car (mums car). (GASP!!!) But the car still has the same wheels and they still look brand new! I sh*t you not! Unlike the MINI S spokes, 1 of which has already been replaced due to corrosion, and the other three are going the same way.

minimadtez
17th August 2006, 04:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal
Unlike the MINI S spokes, 1 of which has already been replaced due to corrosion, and the other three are going the same way.

Isnt that a sign you should stop using Cif? :p

hmmm well unknown to him, Martins gonna clean his wheels, then mine, then we are gonna come round to yours and boast about how clean our wheels are :D Oh im sad! :)

MartinSullivan
17th August 2006, 05:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by minimadtez

hmmm well unknown to him, Im gonna go round to Martins and Im gonna clean his wheels, then mine, then we are gonna come round to yours and boast about how clean our wheels are :D Oh im sad! :)

Awww thanks hun ;)

minimadtez
17th August 2006, 05:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

hmmm well unknown to him, Im gonna go round to Martins and Im gonna clean his wheels, then mine, then we are gonna come round to yours and boast about how clean our wheels are :D Oh im sad! :)

Awww thanks hun ;)

NOOOOO I didnt say that......:eek:

sleepyrascal
17th August 2006, 08:04 PM

Unlike the MINI S spokes, 1 of which has already been replaced due to corrosion, and the other three are going the same way.

Isnt that a sign you should stop using Cif? :p

I only used cif on the audi, not my corroded mini. :( Stick that in your pipe and shmoke eet !

I have clean wheels in my basement which are cleaner than yours!!!

The Bull
17th August 2006, 09:26 PM
I recently started using Meguiars Wheel Brightener (the valeters stuff) and it is superb. Comes in a 3.78 litre bottle/container and you dilute it 4 to 1 so thats enough to keep you going for a few years. Cost about £20 from their website. Meguiars Site (www.meguiars.co.uk) It's in the Valeters section under "maintenence".

minimadtez
17th August 2006, 10:24 PM

I have clean wheels in my basement which are cleaner than yours!!!

Not on a car, so that doesnt count :p

minimadtez
17th August 2006, 10:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by The Bull

I recently started using Meguiars Wheel Brightener (the valeters stuff) and it is superb. Comes in a 3.78 litre bottle/container and you dilute it 4 to 1 so thats enough to keep you going for a few years. Cost about £20 from their website. Meguiars Site (www.meguiars.co.uk) It's in the Valeters section under "maintenence".

Thankyou......so many things to try now! :)

stoney
17th August 2006, 11:40 PM
dont for get 2 try the cider !!!!! :D:D:D:p:p

minimadtez
20th August 2006, 07:17 AM

Drunk enough without the cider.......blue WKD, vodka, and fresh orange.......mmmmm (not all together) oh look, im rambling.....drunk, sleep, zzzzz

sleepyrascal
21st August 2006, 06:29 AM

Drunk enough without the cider.......blue WKD, vodka, and fresh orange.......mmmmm (not all together) oh look, im rambling.....drunk, sleep, zzzzz

Thats a shocking state to get yourself into! Some peope just dont know when to stop! :D

minimadtez
24th August 2006, 04:56 PM
Thats a shocking state to get yourself into! Some peope just dont know when to stop! :D

Oh no!.......worse thing is that until i read that post just now, i completely forgot i wrote it. GROAN

X30YES
24th August 2006, 05:20 PM
As Stoney said ..Try Magners ...well he did :D:D:clown:

Gorbash12346
17th November 2006, 01:35 AM
i use the meg's stuff it works well but i would water it down and not leave it on too long

The Bull
17th November 2006, 04:21 AM
Hell yeah. Mix it up well 4:1 ! Magic stuff.