PDA

View Full Version : Selling MINI

sleepyrascal
14th August 2006, 08:37 PM
I've been toying with the idea of seeling my car. However a few things have come up, namely house buying and new job, so I thought about holding off selling the mini for a month or two. However, do you think the second hand prices will start dropping as it gets closer to the new MINI release. Surely the market will be flooded with old MINIs when the new one arrives and in turn, the second hand value slumps???

The Dogfather
14th August 2006, 08:56 PM
The prices have already taken a tumble :(

Duncan Stewart
15th August 2006, 12:46 AM
From what I have read the Mini prices have held really well. I changed my Mini last year thinking prices were about to fall but they did not. Recently the Mini One was in the press as holding it's value better than any other main stream car.
The New model will probably affect the prices of nearly new Minis but yours should be OK.
The market should not be flooded because supply will be limited by how fast they can build them

gill
16th August 2006, 05:02 AM
We reckon that prices hold OK too. We have recently been toying with the idea of buying another min and also my dad is considering one.

If you are going to sell, PM me with details and I will pass on to my dad to see if he'll bite the bullet!

X30YES
16th August 2006, 05:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

The prices have already taken a tumble :(
On MX5's of course :p:D

Big Col
16th August 2006, 03:00 PM
I shudder to think what will happen to the second hand price now the new ones out. It's going to have to plummet surely?

The Dogfather
16th August 2006, 04:30 PM
MX5's keep their value quite well, one of the reasons I picked the car.......

euan
17th August 2006, 06:21 PM
I reckon they will dip, tumble is a bit strong I think! The brand is too strong.

Scottie
17th August 2006, 06:37 PM
I don't think they will alter that much. Infact for a face lift model BMW have been clever in that they have kept pretty much with the current design.

It is really only the interior that has changed massive.

So residual value will stay high on current model.

lightbody
17th August 2006, 07:07 PM
A recent survey says that the MINI holds it value better than any other car on sale. Period.

Big Col
17th August 2006, 07:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

A recent survey carried out before the launch of the new model was taken into consideration says that the MINI holds it value better than any other car on sale. Period.

Edited.:)

sleepyrascal
17th August 2006, 08:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

A recent survey says that the MINI holds it value better than any other car on sale. Period.

Its still not very good though if you pile on the extras. I lost £4000 in two years on a second hand Cooper.

Mind you A mate of dad lost £68,500 in just under three years so I suppose mine isn't to bad. :disapprove:

stoney
17th August 2006, 08:24 PM
i lost 3k in 1 1/2 years but put a lot of miles on my last one !!!! so i recon i did not 2 bad