PDA

View Full Version : Petrol cap problem!!! - Please help!!!!

minimadtez
14th August 2006, 08:16 PM
I have never had any problems when I go to the petrol station (other than lack of money!).....until recently....the past few times that I have been trying to get petrol, I cant get the petrol cap off......the flap opens (no rude comments please), but the actual petrol cap wont come off.....it gets jammed and takes quite alot of persuasion to get it off. Its quite embarrassing.....im sure people watch me struggle and mutter "bl**dy females" or similar.

Any ideas?

sleepyrascal
14th August 2006, 08:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by minimadtez
I have never had any problems when I go to the petrol station (other than lack of money!).....until recently....the past few times that I have been trying to get petrol, I cant get the petrol cap off......the flap opens (no rude comments please), but the actual petrol cap wont come off.....it gets jammed and takes quite alot of persuasion to get it off. Its quite embarrassing.....im sure people watch me struggle and mutter "bl**dy females" or similar.

Any ideas?

The gym?

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine03/adam/weight.jpg

minimadtez
14th August 2006, 08:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

The gym?

cheeky! it needs sorta jiggled about a bit to get it off. Its getting worse. I nearly gave up the other day at Tesco.

The Dogfather
14th August 2006, 09:01 PM

it needs sorta jiggled about a bit to get it off.

<snigger>:evil:

minimadtez
14th August 2006, 10:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

it needs sorta jiggled about a bit to get it off.

<snigger>:evil:

im glad you find it funny :p I dont :(

Sweeney
14th August 2006, 10:26 PM
I have a solution!
http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_may2001/WomanDriver.jpg
never need to put the cap on or take it off again! ;)

On a serious note: have you checked the rim or the wee lock bits on the cap to make sure nothings bent out of shape or broke?

minimadtez
14th August 2006, 10:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

I have a solution!
http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_may2001/WomanDriver.jpg
never need to put the cap on or take it off again! ;)

On a serious note: have you checked the rim or the wee lock bits on the cap to make sure nothings bent out of shape or broke?

hmmm.....dont fancy trying that, it might scratch the car :eek:

Ive had a look, and it doesnt look like anything is broken or out of shape.....the rim appears a bit sorta rubbed down, but i think this is caused by the problem and not the problem itself.

Sweeney
14th August 2006, 11:24 PM
Wierd, does it go on ok just not coming back off without forcing it?

ie. sounds as if you are having to jam it on?

minimadtez
14th August 2006, 11:27 PM
It goes on fine, not like it used to, but still easy enough. Its just getting it off thats the problem :(

Sweeney
14th August 2006, 11:36 PM
Not sure what you could do to try and fix it, suppose it's one of those need to see it things; so someone could see whats wrong with it/where it's jamming etc.

Unless you could somehow get hold of a second hand/new filler cap to see if its the cap posing the problem or the rim?

minimadtez
14th August 2006, 11:43 PM
hmmm.....i could try stealing borrowing the cap off martins car.......annoyingly it unattaches itself anyway!

*waits for trouble* :D

Or infact sleepys car.....since i pass his house on my way home :D

MartinSullivan
14th August 2006, 11:47 PM
GRRR!!!! you can try it if you want - seeing as you bust the little rubber lead :p

minimadtez
14th August 2006, 11:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

GRRR!!!! you can try it if you want - seeing as you bust the little rubber lead :p

I DID NOT!!!!

NOT guilty!!!!! I went to put petrol in and it wasnt attached!!! So i reattached it, but it was you that broke it in the first place. :approve:

MartinSullivan
14th August 2006, 11:51 PM
Yeah Yeah, Yawn !!!! , anyway, back on topic you can borrow it if you want to try to see if it solves the problem.

minimadtez
14th August 2006, 11:52 PM

Yeah Yeah, Yawn !!!! , anyway, back on topic you can borrow it if you want to try to see if it solves the problem.

GRRRRR!!! :mad:

Ok then....thankyou :) if it solves the problem, ill keep it :D

MartinSullivan
15th August 2006, 12:02 AM
It'll cost you :p

minimadtez
15th August 2006, 12:06 AM

Oh yeah?! ;)

minimadtez
15th August 2006, 12:12 AM

Oh yeah?! ;)

behave :D

sleepyrascal
15th August 2006, 03:10 AM
If you steal my fuel cap ill steal your car. :mad:

minimadtez
15th August 2006, 04:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

If you steal my fuel cap ill steal your car. :mad:

Now now, I know my cars nicer than yours (and faster :p) but no need to get jealous :D:D:D