PDA

View Full Version : how do i get ??

stoney
12th August 2006, 07:31 PM
ok i have a set of 6 x 9 s 2 fit in 2 the back of my mini:D but how do i get 2 the old speakers that are all redy fitted by bmw ????

sleepyrascal
12th August 2006, 07:41 PM
You need to take off the plastic lining from each side. This is quite a big job compared to some other cars. The plastic just pops off (or there may be one or two torx screws, i cant remember).

stoney
12th August 2006, 07:48 PM
cool thanx :)

Gorbash12346
13th August 2006, 01:09 AM
ok it's fairly easy all you need to do is remove the
rear seats, lift and pull the lower cushion and between the two seatbacks where the hinge is there is a 10mm bolt undo that then lever the hinge retainer up and it will let that side of the seat back out then tilt the seat backs to 45 degrees and they should pull out of the outer hinge (give it a wiggle up and down and it will come out when it's at the right angle don't put brute force in here)

then remove the door aperture seal, the one that runs round the edge of the inner door frame this will let the front of the trim free

remove the parcel shelf

in the boot there are some screws around where the parcel shelf was removed.... i think they are philips but i can't remember for sure remove them and any others then go to the front of the trims and pull them gently away from the door, they should pop away remember if you have the boot power socket to disconnect it or you may have a wiring repair to do lol it's just a simple cigarette lighter power connector so nothing special needed there also as your removing it pretty obvious but slip them through the seatbelts rather than undo the belts

once pulled away check that all the trim clips are still attached to the trim panel and not the car and if not put them onto the trim panel again.

et voila easy access to your speakers which i think are secured with torx screws

hope this helps

stoney
13th August 2006, 01:23 AM
done thanx guys :) 2 x sony expold now fitted !!!!

Neil and Lorna
13th August 2006, 01:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by stone

done thanx guys :) 2 x sony expold now fitted !!!!

Sorry Rob read that post a bit wrong.:I:I
Thought it read "stoney now exploded x 2";););)
Neil.:D:D:D:D:D

stoney
13th August 2006, 02:19 AM
well if all gose 2 plan it will be stoney ear drums exploded :p

Burple
14th August 2006, 04:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gorbash12346

ok it's fairly easy all you need to do is remove the
rear seats, lift and pull the lower cushion and between the two seatbacks where the hinge is there is a 10mm bolt undo that then lever the hinge retainer up and it will let that side of the seat back out then tilt the seat backs to 45 degrees and they should pull out of the outer hinge (give it a wiggle up and down and it will come out when it's at the right angle don't put brute force in here)

then remove the door aperture seal, the one that runs round the edge of the inner door frame this will let the front of the trim free

remove the parcel shelf

in the boot there are some screws around where the parcel shelf was removed.... i think they are philips but i can't remember for sure remove them and any others then go to the front of the trims and pull them gently away from the door, they should pop away remember if you have the boot power socket to disconnect it or you may have a wiring repair to do lol it's just a simple cigarette lighter power connector so nothing special needed there also as your removing it pretty obvious but slip them through the seatbelts rather than undo the belts

once pulled away check that all the trim clips are still attached to the trim panel and not the car and if not put them onto the trim panel again.

et voila easy access to your speakers which i think are secured with torx screws

hope this helps

Just for info...
You don't need to remove the entire back seat, just the base. You should be able to then pull back the plastic trim far enough (and lift it over the protruding metal) to get your hand and smallish screwdriver or socket set in to remove the speakers. Done it on a couple of my own cars..
:D

Gorbash12346
15th August 2006, 05:14 AM
true but then if one of the clips has come off furtherback u won't see it there is method to the madness and if your doing it properly i.e. replacing wiring etc then you will almost certainly need the extra room

stoney
15th August 2006, 06:40 AM
it all helps thanx guys !!!

X30YES
15th August 2006, 08:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gorbash12346

true but then if one of the clips has come off furtherback u won't see it there is method to the madness and if your doing it properly i.e. replacing wiring etc then you will almost certainly need the extra room
"Doing it properly ":eek:...dont even ask about Strut Braces and Bonnet insulation :D:D

stoney
15th August 2006, 03:55 PM
that reminds me i got a refund from that strut brace just need 2 find some sound insulation now !!!!

X30YES
16th August 2006, 12:07 AM

that reminds me i got a refund from that strut brace just need 2 find some sound insulation now !!!!

sound insulation advice, more like stoney:approve::p:D,

(I might let you bust my ear drums when I'm home next week)

Gorbash12346
16th August 2006, 03:24 AM
what strut brace n sound insulation??

sound deadening for the speakers purpose or sumthing else??

i used a slightly cheaper alternative to dynamat on my old 1.25 fiesta homebase sealtite in huge rolls 3 layers on the doors and it was like shutting a truck door very solid and much quieter alsoe the speakers sounded much more bassy and with my sister spending money on speakers etc for it it's actually pretty awesome sound quality

stoney
16th August 2006, 03:40 AM
i put a strut brace in that i had got off ebay took ome of the sound insulation out 2 try and make it fit but did not work so need a new one for undder my bonnet

ScottishCooper
18th August 2006, 09:42 PM

i put a strut brace in that i had got off ebay took ome of the sound insulation out 2 try and make it fit but did not work so need a new one for undder my bonnet

Ah, now I know what the prob with the insulation under the bonnet was in the other post :)

stoney
18th August 2006, 11:53 PM
yep thats right silly old me gose in hammer and tong and F**ks things up !!!!