PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Screen

Gismo
12th August 2006, 02:26 PM
I'm witnessing some strange screens which i thought was simply oversized signatures causing the screen to be too wide to view without having to scroll the page width.

Am i the only one witnessing this, I had asked a couple of users to resize their sigs but i have since noticed that there are posts where the screens are ok when they have posted

X30YES
12th August 2006, 03:21 PM
I have noticed that as well Alan and more over the last week or so as well.

Gismo
12th August 2006, 03:23 PM
Without naming names :p 2 posters sigs i thought were too big actually are ok when only one has posted, but, when the other posts something then the screen gets too wide, weird :eek:

Neil and Lorna
13th August 2006, 12:06 AM
Alan

I reduced my sig by 1 pic as requested in your email.
Let me know if its still not ok. Only ever had the problem you say when people dont resize there pics.

Neil.:D

Sweeney
13th August 2006, 03:29 AM
Haven't noticed it at all

Gismo
13th August 2006, 03:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney
Haven't noticed it at allAll ok after you've posted, just need craigd to post now to test my theory ;) depending on the result i may delete your post :eek:

Gismo
13th August 2006, 04:06 AM
also, need Smitty to post ;)

AndyP & Lenore
13th August 2006, 04:08 AM
Allan, you're not viewing the site in a small screen format like 640X480 are you? 'Cos that would result in you having to scroll sideways to view some folks sig's.

A.

Gismo
13th August 2006, 04:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore
Allan, you're not viewing the site in a small screen format like 640X480 are you? 'Cos that would result in you having to scroll sideways to view some folks sig's.:evil::p Fair point, but nope 1024 x 768 :)

AndyP & Lenore
13th August 2006, 04:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Allan, you're not viewing the site in a small screen format like 640X480 are you? 'Cos that would result in you having to scroll sideways to view some folks sig's.:evil::p Fair point, but nope 1024 x 768 :)

Aye. Thats the problem Allan. I just changed my settings to 1024 X 768 and both Sweeney's and Neil's sig pics would have made me scroll to the right to see the whole page if they hadn't reduced them.

To be honest, 1024 X 768 is fairly low res these days, is it not? I use 1280 X 1024 in a 19" LCD, but I realise not everyone uses big monitors like this.

If it doesn't go too far off-topic (to keep Angus happy)http://www.x5drivers.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif, could I suggest everyone posts to say what resolution they use? Just out of interest. If you don't think it serves any purpose, no problem.:D

A.:D

X30YES
13th August 2006, 05:14 AM
"If it doesn't go too far off-topic (to keep Angus happy)" <alwayshappy>:p;):D

It all depends where or what I'm viewing
here on this pc just now its 800x600, later it will be 1024x768 (bigger monitor)and at home I would be 1280x1024 , all depending on the posts as the size of some of the pictures are shocking ,yes , you know who you are!!

AndyP & Lenore
13th August 2006, 05:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

as the size of some of the pictures are shocking ,yes , you know who you are!!

Would agree with that.:approve:

sedgie
13th August 2006, 05:32 AM
Me:I:I

stoney
13th August 2006, 05:41 AM
is it me ??

Scottie
13th August 2006, 06:10 AM
I've never noticed any problems:p;)

Gismo
13th August 2006, 01:37 PM
Still ok in this thread, so, no one who has already posted causes me any problems.
I am on my works lap top and on the highest resolution setting i can get, but, i've not had the problems before, only very recently.

Smitty
13th August 2006, 09:18 PM
I've quickly chnaged mine, as requested, will tidy it up later!

Is that any better?

I've never had any problems with the screen, unless someone posts a huge picture!

I want to make my sig pic a bit bigger when i get time! Will that interfere or was it just the text causing problems??

Also, another soloution.....what size do you have your internet expolrer text set to?

Gismo
14th August 2006, 03:01 AM
Hmm, now we are onto the second page of posts, all ok here, but, when i now look at page 1 it's way too big for my screen again.

I'll admit i didn't know you could change the internet explorer font size, goes off to check how :I

Smitty
14th August 2006, 06:51 AM
Im using Internet Explorer 8 (Beta Version) and you can change the text in the Page Menu. If your still running IE 7 i'm pretty sure the option was either in the Tools or View menu.

I have my yext size set to smaller!

Have a try, see if it works!

Sweeney
14th August 2006, 06:54 AM
easier than that smitty, hold down ctrl and scroll your mouse button 3 (middle scrolling button) up and down.

X30YES
14th August 2006, 07:33 AM

easier than that smitty, hold down ctrl and scroll your mouse button 3 (middle scrolling button) up and down.
:eek:.............:approve:

AndyP & Lenore
14th August 2006, 07:48 AM

Oh, cool!:D

Neil and Lorna
14th August 2006, 07:02 PM

Cool,:approve::approve: at last Sweeneys usefull for something.;););););)

Neil.

Smitty
14th August 2006, 07:49 PM

Where in bl**dy hell did you learn that!!:eek:

Well done in that wee find!:p

Duncan Stewart
14th August 2006, 11:54 PM
I'm using 1024x768. I can reduce my sig width if it's causing anyone problems.
To be honest I can't see most of the pics when viewing in my breaks at work (wonderful websense :() but often have a slight side to side scrolling for no reason I can see.

Gismo
15th August 2006, 12:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart
I'm using 1024x768. I can reduce my sig width if it's causing anyone problemsI've not noticed any problems with your sig, but than i can't see it when on BP system, but, i can't pin it down what's causing me the problem.

Right now it look like Andy's sig is the culprit, but, on other threads it's ok, i give up :p

Another thing, if Andy's mini pic is still on photobucket then i can see it now :evil:;)

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 04:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland
Right now it look like Andy's sig is the culprit, but, on other threads it's ok, i give up :p

Another thing, if Andy's mini pic is still on photobucket then i can see it now :evil:;)

This does seem strange that it's only this thread you're getting the trouble. Very weird.:(

I've moved my Mini pic to reachercreatures.com so thats why you can see it now.

A.:D

Gismo
15th August 2006, 04:37 PM
This does seem strange that it's only this thread you're getting the troubleNot so, i'm afraid there are others that give me trouble, as i say, there's no logical reason to it, one thread is ok, even some pages are fine, then turn the page and away it goes again.
So, as i say, i give up :evil::p
The fact others are not complaining i reckon it must be something to do with the fact BP's web sense does not allow certain pictures to be viewed, thus causing some kind of web problem, so, it's only me down here in Baku :clown:

Monsta Mo Mini
15th August 2006, 04:55 PM
It would be good if everyone stuck to the standard size for banner ads etc which is 468 x 60. Would help keep things a bit tidier.

ta

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 05:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

It would be good if everyone stuck to the standard size for banner ads etc which is 468 x 60. Would help keep things a bit tidier.

ta

Oh dear. Looks like Angus has his work cut out for him then, resizing all those sig images he has done for everyone.:D

I'll work on mine as soon as possible and get it to the regulatory size. Not sure it will be today, but as soon as I can.:approve:

Smitty
15th August 2006, 05:09 PM
Should i be able to see you sig at the moment Andy??

Cuz its no working at my end!!