PDA

View Full Version : induction kits

illegalhunter
11th August 2006, 03:20 AM
well after all the cosmetic mods now for the engine ive got a jcw air filter on my cooper will an induction kit make it more responsive or should i wait for the blue fin remap are induction kits just for the noise

Gorbash12346
11th August 2006, 09:04 AM
cone filters are only for noise and tbh while making it more responsive it will likely drop the power through the huge heat soak issues that they suffer from, i'm not sure what they have on the market for the mini but a closed cased filter with a dedicated and sealed cold air feed is the onylway to go

X30YES
11th August 2006, 11:10 AM
If you have the JCW kit etc you might like to try this air filter (http://www.gtt.uk.com/parts4.asp),something tellsme I posted this before when you asked a similar question ?

illegalhunter
11th August 2006, 02:25 PM
does this fit a cooper

X30YES
11th August 2006, 02:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

does this fit a cooper
For cars already fitted with the JCW airfilter :p

illegalhunter
11th August 2006, 06:23 PM
ive got the sortof triangle shaped one that fits in the normal fillter box

Smitty
11th August 2006, 07:29 PM
Any mods to the engine should be done before your Remap, so that you can get the maximum out of the Remap.:D

Gismo
12th August 2006, 01:38 PM
With the MTH you get a years upgrade included in the price, so, you can add mods and get the ECU remapped again and again ;)

Craig
12th August 2006, 06:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

does this fit a cooper
For cars already fitted with the JCW airfilter :p

angus keep up - the boy doesn't have a cooper s.... that's the air box for the JCW cooper S... ;):D

Smitty
13th August 2006, 09:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

With the MTH you get a years upgrade included in the price, so, you can add mods and get the ECU remapped again and again ;)

What a bargain!!:D