PDA

View Full Version : TYRE QUESTION

ianking
10th August 2006, 07:58 PM
hi folks

need 2 new tyres for the bullet wheels I have bought.
Was thinking about getting non run flat tyres in order to improve the road noise and hopefully to make it a bit of a softer ride.
Can i put 205,40,17 tyres on as apposed to the current 45 profile.
I know that both the new 40 profile will need to be on the same axle.
If it is ok to do this am I better putting them on the front.
Its just that the 40 profiles are about half the price for the Pirelli. I have been quoted £70 each for PZERO's fully fitted.

Burple
10th August 2006, 08:33 PM
Yes you can.. That's what is on mine at the mo. Handles and feels so much better than the runflats :cool:
(These are cheap tyres too, and the grip is amazing in the dry, not so great, but bearable in the wet)
On the last car I had 2 x 40 profiles on the front and the 45s on the back for a bit, it feels ok, but I never put it into a situation that really had to test it like that

The only thing you might notice is the *slightly* larger gap between the wheel and the wheelarch ;):p:p

ianking
10th August 2006, 09:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

The only thing you might notice is the *slightly* larger gap between the wheel and the wheelarch ;):p:p

yes but its only 5mm more of a gap. It will look better than my current 16 inch wheels though. :)

Scottie
10th August 2006, 09:10 PM
I would stick with the 45 profile will make for for softer ride.

I've got Hankooks on mine cheaper than the Pirelli.

Now I got into Hankooks while we owned the Touareg because the Touareg ripped through tyres at a rate of 3000 miles.

So all the guys done this big survey on tyres and hankooks where found to the best. Yes they are a hard compund but you do get many miles out of them.

I was amazed on just how low a road noise you get with them aswell.