PDA

View Full Version : curbed alloy & cleaning them

s12cot
8th August 2006, 12:44 AM
The Mrs curbed the front alloy :mad: the other week there, they are split rim r90 cross spoke 17” she has only hit the rim so I know this can be ‘fixed’:) can anyone advise of a good place to get the wheel sorted in either the Edinburgh or Arbroath area?

Also a good cleaning product to use as I understand I can’t use acid on these wheels, but they are driving me made trying to get them clean:evil:.

PACMAN
8th August 2006, 12:50 AM
Have you tried John Clark Garage in Dundee? :)

s12cot
8th August 2006, 01:08 AM
not tried john clarks - i have delt with them in the past and i do find them very good, however i would rather get an independent to do this little job a JC's will only use an independent and stick a little margin on for themselves:D

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2006, 01:22 AM
Try Rimtek. They are based in the Borders but will travel up to Edinburgh. They did a great job on our S spoke (when Andrew kerbed it:() on our old MINI.:D

Their phone no is: 07970150675

s12cot
8th August 2006, 01:26 AM
great will give them call thanks th:D, how much are they?

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2006, 01:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by s12cot

Wasn't very expensive. About £40 ish. for one wheel. Took it out of Andrew's spending money that week.:eek::D

L.:D

Craig
8th August 2006, 01:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Wasn't very expensive. About £40 ish. for one wheel. Took it out of Andrew's spending money that week.:eek::D

L.:D

so still a couple of grand left then.... :eek::blackeye::p;)

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2006, 01:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/HiFlip.gif

A.:D

s12cot
8th August 2006, 02:01 AM
so still a couple of grand left then.... :eek::blackeye::p;)wish i had that kinda spending money:p

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2006, 02:17 AM

so still a couple of grand left then.... :eek::blackeye::p;)wish i had that kinda spending money:p

So do I:eek::eek:

Craig
8th August 2006, 03:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/HiFlip.gif

A.:D

oh VERY original... :D

Wul
8th August 2006, 02:32 PM
As for cleaning the wheels - most wheel cleaner aren't acidic these days - meguairs ones are very good - but like most things a bit of elbow grease will also be required to keep them in good order. Once clean, apply a wee drop wax to help make them easier to clean in the future. :)

s12cot
8th August 2006, 04:38 PM
cheers Wul,

I do wax the little buggers, but find that dirt comes out the join between the wheel & rim

euan
8th August 2006, 05:50 PM
Just watch how they do the R90's - some people won't touch them in case they "twist" the alloy. As it's two piece, this can happen apparently. Mine were a real mare to fix.

They ended up polishing the outer rim on them - looked a bit pants to be honest but it was after I'd sold the car so wasn't that bothered.

s12cot
9th August 2006, 04:45 PM
thanks for the help peeps

The Bull
1st December 2006, 07:39 PM
This might be a little late Scott but I have heard Coatech in Carnoustie are really good.

bpirie1000
2nd December 2006, 01:09 AM
Might be later than late But have you heard of NOT GIVING THE MRS YOUR KEYS........

hee hee Couldn't resist that one.....

s12cot
6th December 2006, 05:25 PM
thanks for that Ed - still not got round to getting them done as i am tied up now most weekends chasing a rugby ball about, I am up in that area fairly often during the summer and i am gonna wait till then to get them done

bpirie - we live in edinburgh fairly close to the centre so we only need the one car....