PDA

View Full Version : CD Player Connectors

s12cot
8th August 2006, 12:32 AM
right - finally got round to fitting my new cd player - changing standard wave tape player to boost cd single slot cd player, pulled everything apart to find that the connector at the back does not fit with what is required with the boost cd player :evil:.

Can I buy a connector that will convert the current connector:question: or do I have to change the connector completely :question: also where can I get my hands on the above:question:

Gismo
8th August 2006, 12:44 AM
ah go on, give us a clue which connector :p

Burple
8th August 2006, 12:47 AM
Yes you can :D
Have a visit to www.newministuff.com (MikeyTheMini's place) and check out This Page (http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop.php?action=productshow&id=76). You'll probably need the whole kit, it makes life so much easier. I've orderd a couple and highly recommend them. Fast, friendly and not expensive! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

...err... yeah, you'll have to tell em which model you have so you get the right connector. :)

s12cot
8th August 2006, 01:04 AM
its the main connector (the big one!)

Thanks Low n loud

how do i find out which model i have?

Burple
8th August 2006, 01:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by s12cot

its the main connector (the big one!)

Thanks Low n loud

how do i find out which model i have?

If I remember rightly, they're different shaped connectors for the different model? Round connectors or flat ones I think. If you give them a phone and ask, they should be able to tell you, given the age of the car (and model)and the connector type...

s12cot
8th August 2006, 01:24 AM
ok i got you now:D i have a lead with the round bits so need to conv to flat pins:D:D

AeroJonny
8th August 2006, 03:09 AM
U can also get them from the dealers, I got mine for free!:D

s12cot
10th August 2006, 04:31 AM
cd player now fitted thanks to all who advised