PDA

View Full Version : "Sold Out" runs

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2006, 08:12 AM
Note from AndyP:

Most of the text below relates to "Sold Out" runs from last year, but the topics discussed within (aside from the banter) are still relevant to a degree, so thought I'd bump this thread to the top again.

Note ends....

There's another run coming up soon which is - in our line of work - classed as "Sold Out"; Neil & Lorna's Bunker Run. Neil & Lorna and Lenore and I all regard attendees safety as paramount, and keeping 25 cars safe in a group is not easy. This is why we've put a limit on the number of attendees.

Craig's Argyll & Bute run was in a similar situation. While initially locked at 25 cars, he did agree to allow other latecomers onto the list. And just as well, because if he hadn't they would have unnecessarily been denied attending the run. Why? Because a few people on the list failed to post stating they were unable to make the run.

For Our Heart Of The Borders Run, the communication was excellent and those who were not able to make the run did let us know in plenty of time and the reservists were able to join in. This was much appreciated by us and, of course, the ones who were then able to go on the run. :D:D

So, without upsetting anyone, can we point out it would be appreciated by run organisers that if for any reason you know you are not able to make a run/meet you have "signed" up for, please, please, please let the organiser know by posting to the run thread. This is particularly important for locked/full/sold-out runs, to give any reservists a chance to go.

Many thanks, and we hope we haven't ruffled any feathers.

Andy & Lenore.:D

Edit: To reflect the fact the HOB run and Craigs run is in the past. And to keep mr BS happy.:D

The Dogfather
7th August 2006, 02:22 PM
I think its just good manners to let the organiser know if you can't make rather than just not turning up. I would have like to have given Craig more notice but I was leaving it to the last minute to see if the weather improved, it didn't :(

X30YES
7th August 2006, 03:55 PM
Spot on Andy ,why book a place and "be double booked" on the day 'when the organiser has had countless emails and telephone calls etc to get people sorted out with a place ..(I know ,as I sent out 150 e mails for Arbroath ,to people who posted in 2006 only !!,not including the ones who were commited to going ...60 cars eventually turned up ).That only keeps others who want to go, wondering and waiting for a drop outs .Arbroath was different as it was open house and the more the merrier for the "show",but still it has to be organised with pick ups and times etc.
BTW the weather was fine :p;)

The Dogfather
7th August 2006, 04:12 PM
What do mean fine:question: Don't tell me I cancelled for no good reason, I was really looking forward to the run :(

Craig
7th August 2006, 04:52 PM
VB - you were the exception to the rule... You at least told me you weren't coming.. ;);)

So, if there is anyone signed up for a run and thinks, "I don't think I'm going to make that 'cos I have a night out the night before and I'm going to be gassed oot ma heid" then, post so that someone else can get a chance... :D

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2006, 06:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

What do mean fine:question: Don't tell me I cancelled for no good reason, I was really looking forward to the run :(

VB the weather was fine in the end, only a tiny wee bit of rain. But it wasn't you I was thinking of. You did give notice and if Craig had reserves he would have had time to inform them.:D

A.

The Dogfather
7th August 2006, 06:39 PM
Ah, I see. A bit miffed about the weather though, I thought it was rain all day day :evil:

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2006, 07:57 PM

Ah, I see. A bit miffed about the weather though, I thought it was rain all day day :evil:

Just the usual meteorologists scaremongering!:(

A.

X30YES
8th August 2006, 03:29 AM

Sun glasses, shorts, T shirts ....not really rain apparel is it , yes it was a good sunny day and even had the A/C on as well ;):p:D

Mini Me
8th August 2006, 03:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

don't think I'm going to make that 'cos I have a night out the night before and I'm going to be gassed oot ma heid" :D

exactly why i never put ma name down ;):I;)plus i aint got a mini:disapprove:

Craig
8th August 2006, 03:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Only Me

don't think I'm going to make that 'cos I have a night out the night before and I'm going to be gassed oot ma heid" :D

thought you were six foot under mate - not heard from you in ages... (I have a small package for your... nudge nudge wink wink)... ;):approve:

Mini Me
8th August 2006, 03:48 AM
Mate , the small one's for Jude(nae surprise there eh) !!!!!lol:p:p

and , ave been aboot the site every day,snidy fecker me:evil::p.... al txt you about the "you know what"

Craig
8th August 2006, 03:52 AM

and , ave been aboot the site every day,snidy fecker me:evil::p.... al txt you about the "you know what"

you know you'll pay for that comment...

I'm away tommorrow morning til Friday lunchtime, so I could deliver at the weekend ? ? give me a text when your free.

Scottie
8th August 2006, 04:07 AM

you know you'll pay for that comment...

I'm away tommorrow morning til Friday lunchtime, so I could deliver at the weekend ? ? give me a text when your free.

It needs charged.:eek::eek:;):p:blackeye::I:I

Gismo
8th August 2006, 04:08 AM
ave been aboot the site every day,snidy fecker me:evil::pI know when you've been on the site :p;):approve:

N12 JLK
8th August 2006, 04:12 AM

Try to stay away from the gas lighters Ian:D

Mini Me
8th August 2006, 04:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

ave been aboot the site every day,snidy fecker me:evil::pI know when you've been on the site :p;):approve:

i cant anymore :disapprove::dead:

Scottie
8th August 2006, 04:21 AM

drama queen;)

Gismo
8th August 2006, 04:26 AM
know when you've been on the site :p;):approve:

Ooh, i see Clare1 can now edit posts, including yours :p:D

Mini Me
8th August 2006, 04:34 AM
eye, sack me and hand it tae the 21year old blone raver(nae offence tae Clare, she makes a fine hot chocolate):p..... nae p45,notice or feck all[v][v][v]
I feel a huff comming on..

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2006, 04:52 AM
Do excuse me everyone, including MODS, but isn't this thread going a bit http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/offtopic.gif

Mini Me
8th August 2006, 05:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Do excuse me everyone, including MODS

Cannae be me mate;) i have no mod powers:eek::blackeye: taken ,fur nae reason, without question...... talk about kick a man when he's down:disapprove:

Like a care !!!! sorry Popcorn boy , the mod's really should be keeping a better eye on this:evil:;)

Gismo
8th August 2006, 05:20 AM
Do excuse me everyone, including MODS, but isn't this thread going a bit
http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/offtopic.gif:I it's not any different from your run threads :D:p point taken though <zips mouth>
Just let me know if you want any of the offending posts to be removed :p:I

Sweeney
8th August 2006, 05:22 AM
Sorry andy&lenore, i found this beside you is it yours?
http://www.rappid.org.uk/images/homepage/dummy.jpg

:D:D:D

The Dogfather
8th August 2006, 05:25 AM
BS, just move the topic to Off Topic and Banter - problem solved <runs for cover>

Sweeney
8th August 2006, 05:25 AM
Think your safe for now paul, it's me they'll be after

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2006, 05:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Think your safe for now paul, it's me they'll be after

As always.:blackeye::eek:;)

Sweeney
8th August 2006, 05:28 AM
Aye well join the queue :D

Clare1
8th August 2006, 07:29 PM

eye, sack me and hand it tae the 21year old blone raver(nae offence tae Clare, she makes a fine hot chocolate):p..... nae p45,notice or feck all[v][v][v]
I feel a huff comming on..

Not ANOTHER huff Iain?!!! :eek: lol
Oh and whats '' Blone?'' is that a Falkirk word??:p;)
21 is a good age, think i'll stay this age for a while, i like it!!

Never mind, not long until Baby Broon no3 arrives...then you'll know all about it!!! hehe:p
Spare Nappies for OnlyMe anyone???? :p

Mini Me
8th August 2006, 08:18 PM
feck off Clare !!!!:p

Bignorm
8th August 2006, 08:33 PM
HEY WATCH IT nowt wrong with falkirk lingo ok

Crombers
13th August 2006, 04:56 AM
Sorry if I was one of the late call off's but left it til the Fri until I knew about holiday plans with family. Did phone the 'gaffer' to explain my plight & still a bit miffed that I missed what would/was/always will be an ace run :I:)

AndyP & Lenore
13th August 2006, 05:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

Sorry if I was one of the late call off's but left it til the Fri until I knew about holiday plans with family. Did phone the 'gaffer' to explain my plight & still a bit miffed that I missed what would/was/always will be an ace run :I:)

Crombers, I really wasny having a dig at you either mate - promise!;) I know you let Craig know you couldn't make it.

There were a couple of folk on Criag's run who didn't inform Craig they couldn't go. Which is just not fair. IMHO.:D

A.:D

Sheilz
14th August 2006, 07:16 AM
My apologies. Now your email makes sense :I:I:I I'd clean forgotten about putting my name down. Only excuse have been unbelievably busy at work and of course the business with my car being off the road. Sorry ....grovel..........grovel.

X30YES
14th August 2006, 07:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

My apologies. Now your email makes sense :I:I:I I'd clean forgotten about putting my name down. Only excuse have been unbelievably busy at work and of course the business with my car being off the road. Sorry ....grovel..........grovel.
Did you contact the guy about the wheels sheilz ;):p

AndyP & Lenore
14th August 2006, 07:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

Sheilz, again this really wasn't a dig at any particular person. It was a request to all runners that if their plans change they let the organisers know. Of course, the presuppositions that you remember you've put your name down in the first place.:eek::I:I:I:D

Cheers for replying.

A.:D

Neil and Lorna
13th October 2006, 03:14 AM
As we have a "sold out" run coming up on the 22nd I thought I would bump this thread up to the top.

Please can you all the runners on the Secret Bunker Run take note of the first post on this thread.

Cheers Neil and Lorna.:D:D:D

Gismo
13th October 2006, 12:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by Neil and Lorna
Please can you all the runners on the Secret Bunker Run take note of the first post on this threadDamn, i missed craigd's run again 8):I i'll get me coat :p

AndyP & Lenore
14th October 2006, 10:31 PM

quote:Originally posted by Neil and Lorna
Please can you all the runners on the Secret Bunker Run take note of the first post on this threadDamn, i missed craigd's run again 8):I i'll get me coat :p

Your coat doesn't fit anymore.... I've edited the first post. :approve:

Gismo
14th October 2006, 10:34 PM
Your coat doesn't fit anymore.... I've edited the first post :approve::D It's a timely reminder though, with so many committed to my run where people have to make food choices, can make for a hectic last day trying to cancel food for no shows during the run :p

AndyP & Lenore
14th October 2006, 10:40 PM

Your coat doesn't fit anymore.... I've edited the first post :approve::D It's a timely reminder though, with so many committed to my run where people have to make food choices, can make for a hectic last day trying to cancel food for no shows during the run :p

:approve:

AndyP & Lenore
7th August 2007, 07:36 PM
Thought I'd BUMP this one back up.

I know Craig's run and our run don't have a cap this year, but it would still be nice if anyone who is not able to attend, let us know so we dont spend 20 mins looking for you.;)

Many thanks for everyone's co-operation.;)

AndyP:D :D