PDA

View Full Version : Firstly Hello all

CORSA
7th August 2006, 04:50 AM
I registered on this forum as my wife is looking to buy a Mini and i was directed to you friendly folk.
I know absolutely nothing about the Mini and want some help and advice in buying one for her.
What do i look for?
Where is the best place to buy from?
faults ( if any!!)

Your help and assistance would greatly reduce earache in my direction.:D

Edit: Moved to correct forum

Gismo
7th August 2006, 05:05 AM
Welcome to the site, you're in the right place to talk everything Mini :)
I wonder what car you currently own ;)

Be prepared for a varied selection of dealerships to purchase you're desired motor :p
Personally i've always had good dealings at John Clark's in Dundee, however my current Cooper is from Menzies in Stirling

What type of Mini depends on your budget, age and what driving style you possess :p:cool:

stoney
7th August 2006, 05:47 AM
welcome i have found the peps here very helpfull as for bying a mini as bonnie has said depends on how much u want 2 spend i have a jhon cooper wors s and love it had a cooper before that loved that 2 thay are superb 2 drive good in and out of town and they fell safe not bilt like a tin can!!!!
u can feel it is a well bilt car in the doors when u colse them

it never stops putting a smile on my face when i drive it :) :p

jayex
7th August 2006, 06:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by stone

welcome i have found the peps here very helpfull as for bying a mini as bonnie has said depends on how much u want 2 spend i have a jhon cooper wors s and love it had a cooper before that loved that 2 thay are superb 2 drive good in and out of town and they fell safe not bilt like a tin can!!!!
u can feel it is a well bilt car in the doors when u colse them

it never stops putting a smile on my face when i drive it :) :p

Hiya Corsa :) - i'll second that :D i had a ONE before my Cooper S - both great cars, just in different ways , but as Bonnie scotland says , it all depends on your budget e.t.c

markyc
7th August 2006, 07:11 AM
Welcome to NMS :D;)

As has been said it really depends on how much readies you want to part with and how fast you want to go :eek::p;)

A Cooper might be the best choice but be prepared for a huuuge list of different options. Not to sure where you stay but Clare or Stuart at Menzies Mini in Stirling will offer you good sound advice if you want to phone them or pop in :)

Best of luck, and enjoy your car when it arrives :approve::D;)

PACMAN
7th August 2006, 04:20 PM
:D welcome .... bite the bullet and good for a cooper s :p

Bignorm
7th August 2006, 04:58 PM
hey welcome to the site enjoy as markc said give our sales team a phone on 01786/474477

Craig
7th August 2006, 05:04 PM
welcome - get a cooper, they are faster... <ducks for cover>

The Dogfather
7th August 2006, 05:31 PM
Coopers are quicker in real life, plus they don't require a hotline to your bank manager :D

Oh and welcome by te way ;)

Duncan Stewart
7th August 2006, 11:18 PM
:D Hi & Welcome :D Good luck in your Mini seach. I'm sure you will find answers to all you questions here.

CORSA
8th August 2006, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome folks, Mr Bonnie Scotland i have a couple of cars that are a bit nippy and yes one is a corsa ( Rally Car) and a Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type UK.

Will give menzies a call in the Morning.

PS, how do i post pictures here?
And smilies? ;)

Gismo
8th August 2006, 05:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by CORSA
Mr Bonnie Scotland i have a couple of cars that are a bit nippy and yes one is a corsa ( Rally Car) and a Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type UK.
And smilies? ;)Wasn't poking fun at the Corsa, just your username gave it away ;)
I had a WR1 for a wee while but found it too brutal and opted for a more comfortable M3 :cool:
To post pics you need to host them on a photo web site like photobucket and then paste a link to the picture (s) you want to show.
As for smilies, use the reply to feature as opposed to the quick reply box, the smilies are on display, you could also learn the text to type to create the smilies instead then you could use the quick reply box :p are you confused yet ;)

X30YES
8th August 2006, 05:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by CORSA

Thanks for the warm welcome folks, Mr Bonnie Scotland i have a couple of cars that are a bit nippy and yes one is a corsa ( Rally Car) and a Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type UK.

Will give menzies a call in the Morning.

And smilies? ;)
I use www.photobucket.com to host the photographs ,once uploaded just simply copy and paste the bottom link under the pic into your message .

Clare1
8th August 2006, 06:04 PM
Welcome to the site!!

Mini Me
8th August 2006, 06:07 PM
Deffinately give Clare at Menzies a call ,she's the main woman in MINI !!!!!:p

illegalhunter
8th August 2006, 08:48 PM
welcome to the site plz stay away from fairbairns the no nothing & its arnold crap in disguise

CORSA
8th August 2006, 10:05 PM
Spoke with Clare this morning who is getting back to me with the current stock list.Tried a few other dealers ( private but nothing).What about douglas park ? and other main BMW dealers.

CORSA
9th August 2006, 12:28 AM
Aha, just found the proper reply button, below is a couple of pictures of my current cars with hopefully a Mini coming soon.:D:clown::p
The Corsa in Action at Knockhill

http://i2.tinypic.com/241perm.jpg

The Subaru in action

http://i4.tinypic.com/241paw1.jpg

gill
9th August 2006, 03:26 AM
Hello and welcome to the site. We have a Cooper S and it's brill!!! :D:cool::cool:

Sweeney
9th August 2006, 03:27 AM
I'd give douglas parks a try, their sales team are more than helpful... Best deal i think would probably be menzies though would mean having to put up with some dodgy patter though seeing as they are from falkirk ;)

<waits for an angry norman to appear :p>

Crombers
13th August 2006, 07:53 AM
Welcome to NMSland & do take a trip through to Menzies for a natter , they'll tell you all you need to know :approve:

kyleminiman
13th August 2006, 07:26 PM
Hey, welcome. Phone myself on 01698 303999 - Kyle, Douglas Park!

CORSA
14th August 2006, 11:34 PM
Well folks, after telling a cetrain garage i have a budget they try and sell me a car £1500 over my budget!!!
I have found a nice wee number and hopefully pick it up at the weekend.

A 53 plate black Mini one with lots of chrome bits,spots,rear spoiler,panoramic roof,3 months BMW warranty left over,full years MOT and just been services,40K on the clock and a nice wee example.
Will get some pics up as soon as Mrs Corsa will let me.