PDA

View Full Version : dealer damage

fireman01
5th August 2006, 08:25 PM
just got my car back from douglas park after a warranty claim on the clutch,after checking the car i found scratches all over the drivers side skirt,i think it might have been caused by their ramp,they want the car back on monday to try and polish it out(it'll never polish out),they said if it doesn't polish they will paint the skirt,not sure how the colour match etc will be,what you all think i should do?

Bignorm
5th August 2006, 08:54 PM
THE COULOR MATCH WILL BE FINE just make sure you let them know you are not happy

Gorbash12346
6th August 2006, 09:11 AM
beyond cracking your skirts our ramps will never touch or scratch your sideskirts i guess you'll be dealing with my manager he's ridiculously bad for paying for stuff thats not been us (not saying yours hasn't) but occasions where someone has brought their car in had it serviced then as they where driving out done something to it and tried to claim it was us

if you look under your car you will see that there are 4 jacking rubbers that sit into the skirts but stick out further, the pads sit onto the metal plate of the ramp leg with another rubber pad on it so unless it has been that someone has rested their tools on the ramps pad and it has moved around the ramp would not have been the cause

Gorbash12346
6th August 2006, 09:13 AM
also it's not really the paint match they tend to get wrong at the mo (their actually quite good at that at the moment imo but that they are having problems with insects landing on it as it's drying causing lumps... which if i'm honest with a good abrasive polish will flatten out...

fireman01
6th August 2006, 09:35 PM
you say their ramps wouldn't be the cause,i'm a mechanic and use a 2 post ramp and if you do not move it back to the safety position they will mark the side of the car,my car is very low and will not even go on my ramp so i think this might have been the cause,also i polish the car every weekend and the marks weren't there before it went in,i did praise douglas parks garage before for their quality service,but since this is the second clutch they have fitted due to a fault,keeping my car for 2-3 days at a time,messed me around for a courtesy car and now damaged my car,my opinion has changed,also they done a damamge report on the car before i left it and it had no marks.you also say they are having problems with insects landing on the paint,this is not acceptable for a quality bodyshop,surely thier spray booth has filters to stop this?

Gorbash12346
7th August 2006, 04:16 AM
we don't use post ramps

ours come out of the floor

Gorbash12346
7th August 2006, 04:20 AM
i have no idea i have never seen the body shop this only going on what i have seen lately from them as for the clutch fault what was the fault as at the moment there are a few issues that are parts design problems on the mini's i dnt know the exact details as i can't say i've ever seen your car that i know of...

james f
7th August 2006, 05:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gorbash12346

we don't use post ramps

ours come out of the floor

true all of the mini/bmw dealers ive been in have these so there is no chance of it having hit your car as it cannot acutaly touch any of the body work im not saying this wasnt bmw but i am saying that it proably wasnt the ramp ;)

fireman01
8th August 2006, 05:08 AM
yeah,sorry guys,have seen the ramps now,was just peaved due to the damage,waiting on the dealer getting back to me.not sure what the clutch fault was my girlfriend picked the car up,last time they said it was the hydraulic release bearing,was making the same noise again forgot to ask what they done this time,will ask when they get back to me

Gorbash12346
8th August 2006, 05:08 AM
quote:true all of the mini/bmw dealers ive been in have these so there is no chance of it having hit your car as it cannot acutaly touch any of the body work im not saying this wasnt bmw but i am saying that it proably wasnt the ramp

ditto

ianking
8th August 2006, 05:12 AM
Was the car making a ratling noise when idling. Did the noise go away when the clutch pedal was pressed down. If so my car does that and it annoys me. Had it back at the supplying dealer and they said nothing was wrong. Im convinced it shouldnt do it though. Never heard the noise on any other mini

fireman01
8th August 2006, 05:29 AM
yes,thats what the car was doing.had the clutch and release bearing changed under warranty,only lasted a few months though.will ask what was done this time when they phone me back.

ianking
8th August 2006, 05:08 PM
I thought it might be a noisy release bearing on mine. I was told by Menzies that all the minis do it. However all the folk that i have spoken to on mini runs say that their cars dont do it. Menzies courtesy car didnt do it either, funnily enough.

Gorbash12346
9th August 2006, 03:14 AM
all the recent getrag box equipped mini's do it it is a fault that has been raised on PUMA but so far there is no recognised solution to te problem, this was as of about 8 months ago i think... i don't know if they have released a special measure for it yet as i haven't had to check recently

s12cot
9th August 2006, 04:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

I thought it might be a noisy release bearing on mine. I was told by Menzies that all the minis do it. However all the folk that i have spoken to on mini runs say that their cars dont do it. Menzies courtesy car didnt do it either, funnily enough.

My S was doing the same noise as yours as soon as i put the clutch in the noise went - took it too the dealer (eastern in edinburgh) they sorted it under warrenty. The cause was a faulty release bearing which had also leaked oil on to the clutch plate so they replaced the whole clutch. Kick ass and get it sorted:mad:!

ianking
9th August 2006, 08:18 PM
It was Menzies that said there in nowt wrong wi my motor and apparently they are the best dealer around. Im no convinced wi that statement either though.

s12cot
9th August 2006, 08:27 PM
i would give eastern a shout they have been quite good until now (touch wood, i can't understand car dealers these days, they just don't seam to give a monkeys about customer service anymore

Clare1
10th August 2006, 01:56 AM
Customer Service is very important to us, and im sure this is the case throughout the entire dealer network.

fireman01
16th August 2006, 05:43 AM
turns out the car needed a new flywheel as well as a clutch,(variable flywheel causing the noise)as for the damage a company called flying colours are coming to repair it anyone heard of or used them?

stoney
16th August 2006, 05:56 AM
i have herd of them never used them let me know how u get on as i have a few stone chips i want sorted

Craig
16th August 2006, 06:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by fireman01

turns out the car needed a new flywheel as well as a clutch,(variable flywheel causing the noise)as for the damage a company called flying colours are coming to repair it anyone heard of or used them?

I've used them for a few jobs alan and they also use them at my work.. I've been happy with the jobs, but just make sure your 100% happy before they take the car away.. (they seem to do the job in un-natural light and it sometimes doesn't match - only 1 instance tho..)

minimadtez
17th August 2006, 07:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by fireman01

just got my car back from douglas park after a warranty claim on the clutch,after checking the car i found scratches all over the drivers side skirt,i think it might have been caused by their ramp,they want the car back on monday to try and polish it out(it'll never polish out),they said if it doesn't polish they will paint the skirt,not sure how the colour match etc will be,what you all think i should do?

At least they have admitted it was their fault.....when my car was recalled it went in to get the wiring harness or whatever it was sorted, and when i got the car back it had greasy/white handprints all over both front headrests and the driver seat. I have tried various cleaning products but it is still slightly visible, im scared I damage the leather if i keep scrubbing! Its not a big problem, but still very annoying, and something that would have been very easy for them to avoid. When i was next into John Clark I mentioned it and they denied it and said I must have 'had dirty hands and not realised'! CHEEK!!!