PDA

View Full Version : Car Transport Company

Gismo
4th August 2006, 12:56 AM
Anyone know a competent car transport company to take my classic to mini sport in Padiham??
Won't be for a few weeks but i want to get something sorted out

Wul
4th August 2006, 01:43 AM
Sure some of the Dundee contingent would gladly drive it there for you Alan! :p:D

Gismo
4th August 2006, 01:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul
Sure some of the Dundee contingent would gladly drive it there for you Alan! :p:DI want it driven down Wul, not stolen :eek::p;) But, that's an alternative option Wul, I would pay someone to drive it down :)

The Dogfather
4th August 2006, 03:11 AM
Alan, how long will the work take, and when? I might be interested, wouldn't want paying as long as you'd cover the fuel :D

Craig
4th August 2006, 03:13 AM
I could remember the good old days.... ;) worth taking a day off work just for that :approve::approve:

Mini Me
4th August 2006, 03:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Anyone know a competent car transport company to take my classic to mini sport in Padiham??
Won't be for a few weeks but i want to get something sorted out

lovies in inverness is who menzies use, very good guy's, and i could get you the number if you like :question:

Gismo
4th August 2006, 03:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon
Alan, how long will the work take, and when?I'm hoping to get the car back around the 23rd August or maybe earlier when i get back to the UK, all the work will take around 1 week.
I would of course cover the cost of petrol and a return train ticket :)
I plan to pick the car up myself as it's going to mikeythemini for a wee ice install

Gismo
4th August 2006, 03:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd
I could remember the good old days.... ;) worth taking a day off work just for that :approve::approve:I don't have the time, plus, i'll be going back down for it ;)

Gismo
4th August 2006, 03:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Only Me
lovies in inverness is who menzies use, very good guy's, and i could get you the number if you like :question:Yes please, any idea of price :question:

Craig
4th August 2006, 03:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I could remember the good old days.... ;) worth taking a day off work just for that :approve::approve:I don't have the time, plus, i'll be going back down for it ;)

sometimes you need it spelt out to you... must be your age.:eek::blackeye::p:D

if the price from the company is too much, I could drive it down for you <right, hopefully he got the right info this time...;)>

Gismo
4th August 2006, 04:04 AM
if the price from the company is too much, I could drive it down for you <right, hopefully he got the right info this time...;)>
So, you want ME to take a day off work.........:I:D ah, now i see :cool:

Mini Me
4th August 2006, 04:11 AM
well i dont know where the place your sending it too , but i sent a MINI to london and it was approx £250.....

I will get Peters phone number for you,possible dealfor cash:p

Gismo
4th August 2006, 04:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by Only Me
well i dont know where the place your sending it too , but i sent a MINI to london and it was approx £250.....
I will get Peters phone number for you, possible deal for cash:pIt's going to mini sport in Padiham, Burnley, cash deal is good :cool:

X30YES
8th August 2006, 06:53 PM
New Mail @ BT ;)

MartinSullivan
9th August 2006, 01:21 AM
Looks like you have several offers now Bonnie, but Padiham isnt too far from my neck of the woods - so if you are struggling or want somewhere to stay on your return leg let me know.

Some cracking roads round here to try out the new engine too ;)

http://www.rural-roads.co.uk/a6024/a6024_090sml.jpg

http://www.rural-roads.co.uk/a6024/a6024_097sml.jpg

http://www.rural-roads.co.uk/a6024/a6024_078sml.jpg

Taken from

Rural Roads.co.uk (http://www.rural-roads.co.uk/a6024/a60241.shtml) - and yes the snow really does get to the tops of those posts every once in a while.

Im still tempted to do a "last of the summer wine run" - could use this a recce ;)

Gismo
9th August 2006, 01:38 AM
Cheers Angus :cool:

Burple
9th August 2006, 05:15 AM
If you're really stuck I would quite happily do it too, providing I can get the time off, getting close to our busy time..

Been down there before too, my mates car had a crap standard exhaust when he got there, didn't plan on spending anything at all, but we fair razzed out of there with his new stage one kit fitted :D:D:D

Gismo
9th August 2006, 02:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
If you're really stuck I would quite happily do it tooAw you guys :I making me feel bad for not taking it down myself :p so 3 offers to drive it down for me, thanks to all, but, Angus has supplied a firm that can do it, so, providing when i call it's still the same price i'll go with them.
I'll be going down to pick him up myself and also stopping off at mikeythemini for a wee install too, so that'll take around 3 days