PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know my Mini done this

Scottie
2nd August 2006, 03:00 AM
Ok so I've owned a couple of Mini's since they were launched although some did have the rain sensor thingy but my Parklane ain't got that.
Only today did I notice for the first time that the wipers when on
intermittent come to a stop when I stop the car or in normal wipe they go to intermittentwipe when I stop car or if in fast wipe they go to normal wipe when I stop the car.

How cool is that:cool: Wonder what else I've not noticed before:I

Mon the fish
2nd August 2006, 03:08 AM
Same as BMW's do...

Scottie
2nd August 2006, 03:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

Same as BMW's do...

yeh how cool is that:D have minis always done that.

Burple
2nd August 2006, 03:57 AM
Yeh I just noticed that acouple of weeks ago too :D:D

Thought I was jst being a bit thick not noticing before :clown::I:D

:cool::cool::cool:

Sweeney
2nd August 2006, 04:03 AM
i knew about it before i even ordered my mini :p

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2006, 04:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

i knew about it before i even ordered my mini :p

Smart ar@e. http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/HiFlip.gif

Sweeney
2nd August 2006, 04:09 AM
You better believe it!

N12 JLK
2nd August 2006, 04:14 AM
Yup noticed that a couple of months ago:cool:

The Dogfather
2nd August 2006, 04:30 AM
I knew that, but does the rear wiper come on when you reverse:question: I can't remember :D

sjfield1
2nd August 2006, 04:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

I knew that, but does the rear wiper come on when you reverse:question: I can't remember :D

No, I have the rain sensors and the back window wiper doesn't come on with the either. I feel a bit cheated coz my sister's clio does it! :mad:

Sweeney
2nd August 2006, 04:48 AM
Rain sensors, any other reason for having one of these fitted other than being lazy:question:
:D:D

X30YES
2nd August 2006, 06:14 AM

Rain sensors, any other reason for having one of these fitted other than being lazy:question:
Scatter cash :D

lightbody
2nd August 2006, 07:34 AM
Have you also noticed that the intermittent varies its speed according to the speed of the car, and that the rear wiper's speed is linked to the front?

Scottie
2nd August 2006, 07:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

Have you also noticed that the intermittent varies its speed according to the speed of the car, and that the rear wiper's speed is linked to the front?

No I haven't will check tomorrow

Gismo
2nd August 2006, 07:38 AM
When the front wipers are full on, the rears will operate after 3 front sweeps ;)

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2006, 07:45 AM
You guys all spend waaaaaaay too much time in your cars staring at the wipers:eek::blackeye::D;)

Big Col
2nd August 2006, 03:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Oh suuuuuuure you did! Bet Neil Armstrong would get pi$$ed off if he spoke to you! ;):D:p

Craig
2nd August 2006, 04:09 PM
and if your front wipers are on intermittent, then the back one sweeps every 6... ;)

<ok, I'll get my anorak and leave....>:disapprove:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2006, 05:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

Oh suuuuuuure you did! Bet Neil Armstrong would get pi$$ed off if he spoke to you! ;):D:p

How long before Sweeney comes on and says.... "Who's Neil Armstrong?":D:D:blackeye:;)

X30YES
2nd August 2006, 05:46 PM
Who is neil Armstron anyway :p:D

Sweeney
2nd August 2006, 06:55 PM
Oi cheeky git, neil alden armstrong was a partner in crime on that mission to the moon with buzz aldren. ya tool!

Big Col
2nd August 2006, 07:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

:D:D:D

Coop
2nd August 2006, 09:00 PM
Mine don't go to intermittent when I stop :( Is ma car broke? My BM did it so I was expecting it to be the same

Smitty
2nd August 2006, 09:43 PM

Oi cheeky git, neil alden armstrong was a partner in crime on that mission to the moon with buzz aldren. ya tool!

Don't you mean that mission to the recording studios with some dodgy stage props!!!:eek:;):p

As the for the wipers, gotta try that out when i get home!!:approve:

Wul
2nd August 2006, 09:46 PM
Well if you use Rain-X you never need to put your wiper beyond intermittent anyway!! :p

Also Fi - come winter time you can quickly skoosh the jets without activating the full 3 sweep cycle and press the lever down for a single swipe and this avoids the horrible white salt effect on motorways!! 8)

Scottie
2nd August 2006, 09:50 PM
Also Fi - come winter time you can quickly skoosh the jets without activating the full 3 sweep cycle NEVER KNEW THIS

So explain to me how do I get this to work.:question:

and press the lever down for a single swipe and this avoids the horrible white salt effect on motorways KNEW THIS

Craig
2nd August 2006, 09:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Also Fi - come winter time you can quickly skoosh the jets without activating the full 3 sweep cycle NEVER KNEW THIS

and press the lever down for a single swipe and this avoids the horrible white salt effect on motorways KNEW THIS

and why do you have 2 Coopers in your sig pic ? ?

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2006, 10:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/HiFlip.gif ;)

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2006, 10:08 PM

Yet, you feel the need to part with your knowledge. It's almost like your asking if your correct.:D;)

A.:D

Scottie
2nd August 2006, 10:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

and why do you have 2 Coopers in your sig pic ? ?

just thought they looked nice together.;)

Sweeney
2nd August 2006, 10:25 PM
och, away you back to selling popcorn ya pest. :clown:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2006, 10:29 PM

och, away you back to selling popcorn ya pest. :clown:

:D Off today. And bored. :D

Was gonna do the HOB morning route recce, but it's p!sh!ng down big time. :D:D:D

Sweeney
2nd August 2006, 10:36 PM
Ach its only water :blackeye::clown:. May i just say that driving in the heavy rain and standing water with these new dunlops is much better :D. Doesn't slow down or aquaplane badly when i hit puddles etc now!

AndyP & Lenore
2nd August 2006, 10:43 PM

Ach its only water :blackeye::clown:. May i just say that driving in the heavy rain and standing water with these new dunlops is much better :D. Doesn't slow down or aquaplane badly when i hit puddles etc now!

Thats what we found too. You had Pirelli's on before didn't you?

Sweeney
2nd August 2006, 11:12 PM
goodyear NCT's or eagles, NTC 5's or something, aye im no sure, pick one! :p

Gismo
2nd August 2006, 11:30 PM
and if your front wipers are on intermittent, then the back one sweeps every 6... ;)Nope, it's every 3 ;)

Craig
2nd August 2006, 11:32 PM
6 with mine - i'm that sad, I've actually counted... :eek::D

Gismo
2nd August 2006, 11:38 PM
6 with mine - i'm that sad, I've actually counted... :eek::DHmm, mine is 3 :p i must be sad too :I

Wul
3rd August 2006, 02:15 AM
Fiona - try it next time you are in the car - quickly pull on the lever 2-3 times rather than pulling and holding it there - then press down and hey presto!!8)

Mon the fish
3rd August 2006, 02:34 AM

yeh how cool is that:D have minis always done that.

Nope, my 2003 Cooper didn't. I believe it was part of the 2004 facelift. It's all the little BMW touches that make the car, stuff like the wipers, the ambient lighting, the bonnet struts... :D

Scottie
3rd August 2006, 06:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

Fiona - try it next time you are in the car - quickly pull on the lever 2-3 times rather than pulling and holding it there - then press down and hey presto!!8)

Hey Wul,

Checked the scoosh this morning following your instructions works a treat.

Great wee tip for winter driving :cool: ta.:D;)

sjfield1
3rd August 2006, 06:50 PM

Cheeky!! :approve:
My car is for learners, anything to help them keep their hands on the steering wheel! Saves a lot of veering off the road trying to figure out which way to turn the window wipers on! :D

Kosta
3rd August 2006, 06:54 PM
My old Clio had rain sensors. And auto headlights. It used to irritate me driving under bridges and the lights coming on!

Burple
3rd August 2006, 08:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by lightbody

yip! :approve::approve::D

Burple
3rd August 2006, 08:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

And if you have Xenons, or just headlight washers, they're a good way to deal with those pesky tailgaters if you have your lights on :p;)

A good 3 sec blast of the windscreen washers, AND the headlight ones ;):D

Wul
3rd August 2006, 09:46 PM
....and Neds at the side of the road/Cyclists when you are in slow moving traffic!! :p

Mon the fish
4th August 2006, 03:22 AM
Another one - Xenons won't work unless the engine is on. However, if you pull the stalk to put your headlights onto full beam when the car is off, they come on for 20 secs (tailights do too) :D