PDA

View Full Version : Water leak inside car?

zimbo
1st August 2006, 01:34 AM
Just finished work this afternoon and it had been raining this afternoon, got into the car and there is watersitting on the passenger side floor matt... And it looks like it has been coming from somewhere on the A Pillar!!

Does anyone know if there is a known fault with this sort of thing on the new MINIs? Got it booked into JCs in Dundee (want it checked out ASAP) to get checked out on Thursday, asked for a courtesy car and was promptly told they charged £15 for a car per day... So wont be getting that!

Am waiting on Clare at Menzies calling me back so I can ask her. . . .
:( :disapprove:

Gismo
1st August 2006, 01:38 AM
I remeber the early mini's having a problem with the door seal and also the spot welds on the door pillar were not quite right, but, that should have been ironed out by now :disapprove:

stoney
1st August 2006, 01:47 AM
£15 is good duglas park charge £30 a day !!!

sedgie
1st August 2006, 02:59 AM
:eek:thats no good!....i get a free mini from Grassicks every time...they even come n pick my car up n leave me another one!:D

X30YES
1st August 2006, 04:07 PM
<Never paid for a courtsy car > P of H even pick the car up from home if that option is not possible

Big Col
1st August 2006, 04:18 PM
I've never paid for a courtesy car either! That's the reason it's called a "Courtesy" car! Otherwise it's called a frikkin "Hire" car!!!

Scottie
1st August 2006, 04:31 PM
i've never paid for a courtesy car either although I have had to get my insurance to cover it and that in the past has cost me £20 or there about.

KenL
1st August 2006, 04:31 PM
If your car is in for warranty work then they should provide a car FOC.

bpirie1000
1st August 2006, 04:51 PM
tehre is a problem with the Pollen Filters also Has your car been in for some filter work?

Mini Me
1st August 2006, 05:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by zimbo

d they charged £15 for a car per day...

they can't charge ,it's a car provided to a valued customer when his/her car is under warranty:eek::blackeye:
man, that's just wrong :disapprove:

ianking
1st August 2006, 07:05 PM
Eastern charge £10+vat for the insurance of the courtesy car unless you want to transfer your own.

zimbo
2nd August 2006, 03:03 AM
Car is now going into Grassicks and am getting a courtesy car FOC :D

My last car was always worked on by Grassicks and I've never had a complaint about them that I remember... :p

sedgie
2nd August 2006, 03:07 AM
Good place to go;).....i allways speak tae Stuart....he knows us;)

zimbo
5th August 2006, 12:45 AM
Just back from the garage and im going to be getting a new windscreen and seal, because the seal is needing replaced, so all will be back to normal soon hopefully.:D Think it just means I'm going to have to resist washing my poor car till the job is finished, coz I dont want to take the chance of getting more water on the inside of Astrix :disapprove:

While I was in Grassicks I had a look @ the new 3.0 Si Z4 coupe in blue that they have in the corner of the showroom & the Z4M convertible also in blue, all I can say is Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :p

Burple
5th August 2006, 04:50 AM
quote:

While I was in Grassicks I had a look @ the new 3.0 Si Z4 coupe in blue that they have in the corner of the showroom & the Z4M convertible also in blue, all I can say is Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :p

Saw a brand new Z4 coupe in JC's on tues :p Luvverly..

And so are the Silver and black Recaros in the two 'S's they have in the showroom :cool::cool::cool::D:D