PDA

View Full Version : FAO Neil ??? *Wheel repair advice*

gill
1st August 2006, 01:33 AM
Neil,

Was it you who was discussing refurb of alloy wheels with Ewan at F&M???

If it was, can you tell us who did your alloys and where can we get in touch with them (and no, I've no kerbed the min - it's for Ewan's workmate!!!)

Many thanks.:D

AndyP & Lenore
1st August 2006, 01:48 AM
Gill

Rimtek are the company that Dunedin in Selkirk use, not sure where they are based though.

gill
1st August 2006, 03:22 AM
Cheers guys :D

gill
1st August 2006, 03:34 AM
Stuck now .... !!!

Just been surfing for a while and cannot find rimtek on the web???

Anyone know if they have a website? Or does anyone else know of someone good to use??

Thanks. :D

Craig
1st August 2006, 04:20 AM
Gill,

I used IPF powdercoaters in Glenrothes... They are great if you are refurbing a whole set, but don't think they can match 1 wheel to 3 others.

I had a set done last year and very happy with them. Only £35 per wheel.. :D

Should find them in the phone book or BT online.

hang - here it is

IPF Power Coaters
Tel: 01592 771805

sedgie
1st August 2006, 04:42 AM
oh! never knew about them...will put note in fone.....handy 2 know!....hubby needs his wheels done!:dead:;)

Neil and Lorna
1st August 2006, 07:31 AM
Hi Gill

Rimtek aren't on the web they just do jobs around the dealers as and when required.
They are just a small outfit based in a wee village nearby.

See you Sunday.

Neil.:D:D

gill
1st August 2006, 04:54 PM
Thank you ! :D:D:D

See you all Sunday!

AndyP & Lenore
1st August 2006, 06:34 PM
Gill,

Rimtek are based in Bowden near Melrose. But they travel up to Edinburgh and do jobs there. Not sure if it's the same as Selkirk, but what they usually do is meet you at the dealership (I don't imagine it has to be YOUR dealership) and do the job there.

You can contact them on 07970150675.

They did a fantastic job of repairing our S Spokes on our silver MINI. It wasn't my fault. The kerb ran out right in front of me while I was doing a u turn. Tried my best to avoid it but still hit it. Lenore was not best pleased.

A.

Clare1
1st August 2006, 06:40 PM
I can sypathise with you Andy, the damn Kerbs used to jump out at me all the time!!! lol ;0)

Smitty
1st August 2006, 07:08 PM
How appporaite!

I did my front left at the weekend:(:(:(:(

Turning the corner.....leaned over to pick a CD of the passenger seat, turned the wheel too much.....BANG:(

Completly my fault, was so angry with myself! Its not to bad, a little chunk and a scrape 1/4 of the way round.

I'm gettin a company called "Blasted Alloys" in Larenckirk to do it, althought he is about £40 - £50 for one wheel. Is this a bit steep? He does do a good job, been used for other cars.

He said he is able to re paint the rim, being white, but are the MINI rims powder coated or just normally painted???