PDA

View Full Version : high level break light

illegalhunter
30th July 2006, 11:19 PM
do you have to remove the roof spoiler to fit the light ?

Craig
30th July 2006, 11:22 PM
sweeney might be able to confirm as his was out recently, I think it has bolts in the tail-gate that loosen it, then it just pops out.. I seem to remember some were bonded in (glued) and others are screwed/bolted...

Bignorm
30th July 2006, 11:30 PM
you dont have to remove the spoiler to remove the light there is 3 torex screws at the back of the light and it will just push through

Sweeney
30th July 2006, 11:58 PM
Would be a good idea to remove the spoiler if you can, to stop the light hitting it/damaging it. If its an aero spoiler that is.

It just pops out after you unscrew the 3 screws, would be a good idea to get someone to hold the light in while you screw/unscrew.

The issue with bonding was a select number were bonded/sealed as they were leaking but the majority are just screwed in place. (At least thats the conclusion i drew from it)

illegalhunter
31st July 2006, 06:07 AM
iam getting a new spoiler fitted tomorrow so ill just wait all colour coded tomorrow

X30YES
31st July 2006, 02:50 PM
As Norman says ,its three screws, as easy as that,just make sure the IP seal around the light is inplace before tightening ....saves the rear door filling up wilth water :p;)

stoney
1st August 2006, 01:50 AM
it is a reall easy job i did sweeneys for him :)

illegalhunter
1st August 2006, 04:23 AM
did the light change when the mini was facelifted? size shape ect

Sweeney
1st August 2006, 04:25 AM
Nope

illegalhunter
2nd August 2006, 05:46 AM
all fitted now looks really good to

Gorbash12346
3rd August 2006, 06:05 AM
also make sure the foamy gasket (the seal) is not coming away from the light as this is often why people experience leaks at this point, have never heard of them being bonded on whenever one leaked we replaced the light with a new one with an intact gasket and as far as i know they haven't come back