PDA

View Full Version : Mini Festival at Croft

Monsta Mo Mini
28th July 2006, 06:11 AM
Press Release 27/7/06

Great and British Mini Festival
September 9th and 10th will be a celebration of Mini racing at Croft race track as the second Dunlop Great and British Mini Festival takes place at the circuit and will include races for both the modern MINI and the classic Mini 7 and Miglia racers.

As part of the celebration all Mini drivers will be allowed in for just £10 per car (just how many people can you squeeze in a Mini?). As well as the wall to wall racing on the Sunday there will be parade laps for all Minis in attendance, along with special parking areas, competitions, free Dunlop caps for the first one thousand people to arrive and more.

It’ll be a massive Mini party and you’ll be mad to miss it. For more information on the festival and the Great and British race meetings log on to www.driversknow.co.uk All the Mini owners’ clubs and websites have received invites and the race meeting will also be extensively covered on Sky Sports in the weeks following the event.

For Mini owners interested in track driving should note that there is a trackday with a session for Minis only on Friday 8th September. For more details of this and booking details please call 01508 536271. During this day we are able to offer members of the press the opportunity to meet the drivers of all Mini championships and enjoy passenger rides alongside them too. There are also limited opportunities for drives in the race cars, but please contact us with your specific requirements on this as soon as possible.

The Great and British Dunlop Motorsport Festivals are backed by a major marketing programme to broaden the appeal of national motorsport and introduce new spectators to the sport. Four of the UK’s biggest racing championships will compete at each event; the Mini Challenge, the Avo Ginetta Championship, the Radical Biduro championship and the Radical Enduro championship, all of which is backed up by the British Automobile Racing Club (BARC).

Race Day programme
RACE
TITLE
LAPS

TIME
DUNLOP RADICAL BIDURO CHAMPIONSHIP
20mins
MINI CHALLENGE
MSA 250cc LONG CIRCUIT KART CHAMPIONSHIP

DAY 2

RACE
TITLE
LAPS

TIME
DUNLOP RADICAL ENDURO CHAMPIONSHIP
40mins
MSA 250cc LONG CIRCUIT KART CHAMPIONSHIP
PLAYSTATION 2 GINETTA GT JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP
20mins
DUNLOP MINI SE7EN CHAMPIONSHIP
DUNLOP RADICAL BIDURO CHAMPIONSHIP
20mins
MINI CHALLENGE
30mins
DUNLOP MINI MIGLIA CHAMPIONSHIP
DUNLOP RADICAL ENDURO CHAMPIONSHIP
40mins
PLAYSTATION 2 GINETTA GT JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP

20mins

If you require further information or have any questions please contact us.

Roger Green
Event manager Great and British Dunlop Motorsport Festivals
07710 495344
roger@gbfestivals.com

gill
28th July 2006, 10:55 PM
Sounds good ... anyone else think so? Could make a weekend of this!:D

X30YES
29th July 2006, 12:00 AM
I think it would be good ,but offshore dates may scupper my chance of going to CROFT (http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk/index.php)

Kosta
31st July 2006, 02:20 AM
They did the same thing at Brands Hatch in April... there was about 200 Minis, old & new doing a parade lap at lunch time aswell. Was quite a sight!

weefossy
31st July 2006, 04:04 AM
I think we'd be up for this, as it's just before we go on holiday. Did a similar thing with the classic at Siverstone and it was great fun. Not too far for a wee convoy!

Gismo
31st July 2006, 04:07 AM
Work web sense not allowing that site, when is it, i might be interested ;) doh :I see it now, 9th and 10th september

Scottie
31st July 2006, 05:10 AM
think we might just be up for this:cool: could be part of our hols as date suits.

Sweeney
31st July 2006, 05:20 AM
I agree with malcolm/siobhan, isn't too far for a convoy at all, only around about 160 miles :) Could get a wee run down, make a long weekend of it :D

Kosta
1st August 2006, 01:46 AM
You should all have a trip down and support your fellow Scotsman, Finlay Crocker!

stoney
1st August 2006, 05:38 AM
would have loved 2 but just 2 much for me spend the now dam it dam it dam it its not fair !!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(

Sweeney
1st August 2006, 05:39 AM
its september 9th! who you kiddin ;), s works, rear lights, carbon fibre strut brace and a remap on the way :eek:

sjfield1
1st August 2006, 06:34 AM
I am going try and get a few folk to come down to me with this. Never get to go to these things coz of work committments, but it sounds fun and i have put it in my diary so that i CAN'T work!

Scottie
5th September 2006, 06:45 AM
I am going to this on the Sunday. Taking Allan's car but we will be almost in the area anyway on our Holidays:cool:

Is anyone else from the site going.

Kosta
5th September 2006, 07:08 AM
I'll be there from Friday onwards