PDA

View Full Version : Private Reg numbers

Scottie
27th July 2006, 06:57 PM
How do you go about selling them and where also the easiest way possible.

Sweeney
27th July 2006, 07:02 PM
Erm, like selling a car only theres no car to sell :p

Do the transaction then you fill out the (i think the) V705 or something like that to the new owners details.

Craig
27th July 2006, 07:06 PM
I think what Fe meant was how to sell the reg.

Fiona, the reg must be on a retention certificate first. If the reg is still on a car, you have to put it on retention (meaning a trip to your local DVLA office or posting the form to them).

then advertise it anywhere you want, on here, Autotrader, websites etc etc

then once you sell it, fill out the details on the retention certificate of the new owner (just like a car) and the jobs a good un. :D:D

Any probs, I'll speak to you at my run..;)

Scottie
27th July 2006, 07:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Erm, like selling a car only theres no car to sell :p

Do the transaction then you fill out the (i think the) V705 or something like that to the new owners details.

no I mean where do I got to get someone to buy my reg number already on retention

Scottie
27th July 2006, 07:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

I think what Fe meant was how to sell the reg.

Fiona, the reg must be on a retention certificate first. If the reg is still on a car, you have to put it on retention (meaning a trip to your local DVLA office or posting the form to them).

then advertise it anywhere you want, on here, Autotrader, websites etc etc

then once you sell it, fill out the details on the retention certificate of the new owner (just like a car) and the jobs a good un. :D:D

Any probs, I'll speak to you at my run..;)

ta they are already on retention. think I will give some of the sites on google a go they value it and sell it on your behalf.

Craig
27th July 2006, 07:10 PM
Fe, I've used Elite Reg and National Numbers to try and sell a reg.

what they do is agree a price with you for the reg, then they put it on their site for sale. once it sells, you get your cut and they take their cut. You only get the money once THEY have sold it...

If your not in a rush, it's probably the way to go... less hassle for you.. :approve:

Scottie
27th July 2006, 07:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

Fe, I've used Elite Reg and National Numbers to try and sell a reg.

what they do is agree a price with you for the reg, then they put it on their site for sale. once it sells, you get your cut and they take their cut. You only get the money once THEY have sold it...

If your not in a rush, it's probably the way to go... less hassle for you.. :approve:

how long did they take to sell your number?

Craig
27th July 2006, 09:29 PM
I eventually sold it with my Motorbike...;)

AeroJonny
28th July 2006, 05:48 AM
A lot of people put number plates in the motoring sections of the Herald, Scotsman and Sunday Times...

PACMAN
28th July 2006, 09:56 PM
you could try ebay as well :D