PDA

View Full Version : strut bar

stoney
27th July 2006, 04:19 PM
hay can u peps tell me if this will fit my jhon cooper works S :question::question:

Strut Bar (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&item=290012000624&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1)

i know it says it will fit a S just wondering if is the same :D

Sweeney
27th July 2006, 04:36 PM
should do, your car is an S with the jcw kit, isn't a seperate car :p

only thing i can think of is perhaps the airfilter may be larger or the engine cover or something but i doubt it?

MartinSullivan
27th July 2006, 04:47 PM
Should fit no problem - the air filter dimensions arent changed. Dont expect too much from it though, as a "bling" item its fine but dont expect huge handling improvements as the Mini's chassis is pretty stiff already.

Scottie
27th July 2006, 04:47 PM
also remember to check that it will sit low enough so that you don't end up with a ding in your bonett when closed.:(

stoney
28th July 2006, 01:14 AM
cool thanx guys it was for a bit of bling any way have allways wanted one and it is nice and cheep so i think iwill be geting this 2 morrow pay day yeppie !!!!!!!!

X30YES
28th July 2006, 01:17 AM
Its not just a bolt on item Rob !!!!!fitting instructions (http://motoringfile.com/files/JCW_Strut_Brace.pdf), or one of the versions of how to fit the brace !! also torque setting is 35Nm use nyloc nuts and it will save the nuts slackening :p;)I also remember reading about jacking the wheel up on one side when fitting the brace and the same with the other side .As you know Im offshore:( just now and dont have the info at hand ,John or Martin might be a good bet if you need info asap

stoney
30th July 2006, 06:23 PM
ok have orderd a strut brace now all i want 2 know is any one out thire good at this type of thing has any one got one :question: and can any one help me 2 fit it when it arives !!!!! ;)

Sweeney
30th July 2006, 06:36 PM
oi, your supposed to be buying a run about for christine then a remap ;) As for fitting it, angus posted a link to instructions above.

stoney
30th July 2006, 09:30 PM
well have the cash for christine and will have the cash for remap @ end of next month

i know but want some one that knows what they are doing as dont want 2 f**k it up !!!!!!!!

Sweeney
30th July 2006, 09:54 PM
elfman might be able to help, he has one. Not sure if he fitted it himself though, he'll be at craigs run.

stoney
30th July 2006, 10:23 PM
nice one hes from larkhall as well is he not ??

Sweeney
30th July 2006, 10:47 PM
I believe so :)