PDA

View Full Version : R56 on Mini2 check it out

Scottie
27th July 2006, 08:33 AM
I SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo like the interior.

Think I need to get my name down for one:p

Mini2 Report (http://www.mini2.com/article383-mini2-exclusive-report-on-the-2nd-generation-mini-cooper-s-design-general-overview.html)

Big Col
27th July 2006, 03:04 PM
Hmmm. I'm not sure I like that. Don't like the wavy boot, can't believe the scoop on the 'S will be cosmetic and can't believe they took away the wrap around glass at the rear pillar. :(

Keith
27th July 2006, 03:42 PM
Interior looks like a massive step forward.

I really like the back of it too.

On a not so positive not, think the front is not as good as the current S. Its lacking something and just doesn't look mean, more blobby and chubbier :eek:

stoney
27th July 2006, 03:49 PM
dont like it just some thing about it thi insid is ok but not that good think the current one is nicer

Smitty
27th July 2006, 04:46 PM
Well i think its not too bad!:)

I like the general shape, although the front lights are a bit dodgy!

Interior looks pretty kool awell!:cool:

I'm not gona pass full judgment until I see non masked versions of these, hopefull that will improve the look a lot more!:D

ianking
27th July 2006, 05:20 PM
I think the inside looks ace, really smart dash. Still not to sure about the outside though, particularly the front. Think I prefered it as it was.

gill
27th July 2006, 05:28 PM
Inside is good - like new gadgets and buttons!!!!!!! :D

Not sure about new exterior - I like it the way it is!

Sweeney
27th July 2006, 05:29 PM
Seeing it like that, i think they will change the spoiler and until all is revealed as the complete package i can't decide. I don't see myself liking it just now though...

Have to laugh at the fact the scoop is obsolete now yet they still include it, i do like the new bumpers, exhaust (exhaust layout), grilles and interior looks to be a very very good place to be.

The Dogfather
27th July 2006, 05:39 PM
To be honest its not that big a change, which I guess is a good thing for current MINI owners. I'm waiting to find out how it drives/rides. The seats look better though :D

Scottie
27th July 2006, 06:21 PM
loads more interior shots here

Interior (http://www.mini2.com/forum/2nd-gen-interior-ice/122049-several-more-almost-all-previously-unused-interior-images.html)

Crombers
28th July 2006, 07:08 AM
Need to see the finished article in the flesh me thinks before commenting.

Gismo
28th July 2006, 07:23 AM
Hmm, i'd maybe like that :approve: need to see it in the flesh though ;)

zimbo
29th July 2006, 03:36 AM
Mmmmm im not to sure about this one... I hate the look of that HUGE speedo with the stereo info included, so it will then look hideous if you change your stereo for an aftermarket one..., the front and rear bumpers dont look to bad though :D

Like some of you have said, think best leave final judgement until I actually see it in the flesh.

So Clare are we NMS people going to get a special NMS members only peek? :D Anymore news on the new colours, cant wait to see this new yellow :D

Sweeney
29th July 2006, 04:07 AM
Good idea, a special viewing courtesy of menzies :p

Sweeney
29th July 2006, 07:38 AM
Just watched mini2's movies of it, listen to that exhaust note and turbo spooling up and down!

I want one just for the noise! :eek: Plus if thats it standard, god only knows how the jcw kit will sound! :eek:

lightbody
29th July 2006, 10:14 PM
Its losing all the mini-ness.
The inside is overkill.
The front doesn't look like a Mini at all any more.
The rear wrap around glass has gone - a unique feature, gone.
The rear side-pockets (a classic mini feature) have gone.
The round speedo has gone (a classic mini feature) to be replaced with a semi circular one which looks nothing like the original.

Good bits : The new engines sound like an enormous improvements and the ride is improved (interesting the confession about the original suspension not being designed for run flats).

Clare1
29th July 2006, 10:38 PM
As soon as i get information i'll let you all know!!! A few weeks. . .watch this space ;0)

X30YES
29th July 2006, 11:09 PM
More pics here at mini2.co.za (http://mini2.co.za/blogs/mininews/archive/2006/07/17/273.aspx)

markyc
3rd August 2006, 02:38 AM
I think it looks great especially the interior :approve::D:D I'll wait to see it in the metal before I part with the readies :);)

Scottie
9th August 2006, 07:37 PM
just checking on mini2 looks like 14/08/06 we will see the first official pictures of the R56 without any of the sticky bits.

Can't wait.:D

Will post a link on the 14th.;)

Scottie
15th August 2006, 12:10 AM
Here we go

http://www.mini2.com/article389--exclusive-1st-generation-2nd-generation-mini-comparisons-in-pictures.html

http://www.mini2.com/article391-new-2007-mini-cooper-and-mini-cooper-s-and-theres-more.html

http://www.mini2.com/article390-exclusive-photo-feature-new-2007-mini-cooper-and-mini-cooper-s-design-comments-.html

Scottie
15th August 2006, 12:12 AM
Can some mod make the thread a sticky or something so folks can find the new mini no porbs.

Oh and I do like. away to phone the dealers.;):p

Scottie
15th August 2006, 12:23 AM
I think I'll go for the Cooper but I WANT those side repeaters of the S.:cool:

Clare1
15th August 2006, 01:21 AM
The first dealer info is here...

Coop
15th August 2006, 03:41 AM
Looks a bit chubby to my eye's, although there are bits which are probaly an improvement on the current car like ride, safety, comfort (possibly) and wee touches such as the new exhaust etc which are neat. As with most folk, would love to see one in the metal.

Scottie
15th August 2006, 04:55 AM
nice wee site enjoy

http://www.newmini2006.co.uk/

Scottie
15th August 2006, 05:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

nice wee site enjoy

after looking at this link. I've lost it it's offical :kiss::kiss:

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 05:11 AM

nice wee site enjoy

after looking at this link. I've lost it it's offical :kiss::kiss:

You lost it years ago.

But I know what you mean. Lenore and I are drooling over some of this stuff going ooooh, and aaaaah.:D:D

Cooper_si
15th August 2006, 05:12 AM

nice wee site enjoy

I LOVE YOU !!!! What a site...anyone seen the "Change Colour Lighting section" ?? You can change through from blue to orange in 5 clicks of the roof mounted toggle switch...you can all imagine how excited i am about this...especially when im so mad about stuff like this lol

Scottie
15th August 2006, 05:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by Cooper_si

nice wee site enjoy

I LOVE YOU !!!! What a site...anyone seen the "Change Colour Lighting section" ?? You can change through from blue to orange in 5 clicks of the roof mounted toggle switch...you can all imagine how excited i am about this...especially when im so mad about stuff like this lol

yip I think I've just wet my pants after reading that.:I:p:p

N12 JLK
15th August 2006, 05:17 AM
Cant decide yet , after looking at the last post by Fiona which links to the offical mini site its hard to say, it looks fatter, dont like the side grills they would be first to go and as for the selection of alloy wheels well absolute pants ( well did think something stronger than that) The tyre's on the 15" alloys look as though theyve came off farmer Toms tractor.. Need to wait to see one in the flesh but bet I get one;)

reminder= dont read the last bit lesley:blackeye:

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 05:18 AM
So far the only thing we're not overjoyed at is the wheel choice. Difficult to tell though from a tiny window on a PC.

Looks like the Sat Nav is no longer a square plug in a round hole too.

N12 JLK
15th August 2006, 05:21 AM
Bugger me sideways , mood lighting, rattle oot the pram I want one NOWWWWWW, ohh why oh why did I ever get started in MINI's its ruining my life:disapprove:

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 05:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by N12 JLK

Bugger me sideways...

Is there any other way to bugger you?:eek::blackeye::blackeye:

Cooper_si
15th August 2006, 05:27 AM
he he @ fiona....wetting pants indeed lol

Im getting to like this NEW NEW MINI....but them side grille things on the Cooper S.....OH NO not good at all

Scottie
15th August 2006, 05:39 AM
anyone notice the sport button in the cooper s interior

N12 JLK
15th August 2006, 05:41 AM
Come on all you new faces get your ar**es along to this!!
sorry Fiona for hi-jacking your thread
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8798

Cooper_si
15th August 2006, 05:43 AM

You must have some good eye sight there...where is it ?

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 05:43 AM

Yeah, like the look of that.:D

And as standard they will have a start/stop button.:D

Scottie
15th August 2006, 05:44 AM

ok click on the cooper S then click on the interior box which them bring up a few other boxes it is the fourth bax along click on that and look at top of picture to the right you will see a small flashing blue outlined box click on that

Cooper_si
15th August 2006, 05:48 AM

ok click on the cooper S then click on the interior box which them bring up a few other boxes it is the fourth bax along click on that and look at top of picture to the right you will see a small flashing blue outlined box click on that

Ahhh is it to the left of the speedo head ?? the small oval looking thing...its in a wierd place. Maybe its where the key goes ?? Cuz im sure ive seen on M2 that its a special key like on the VWs where you plug the remote part into the dash, then push it a little extra to make it start the car...

Scottie
15th August 2006, 05:50 AM

Ahhh is it to the left of the speedo head ?? the small oval looking thing...its in a wierd place. Maybe its where the key goes ?? Cuz im sure ive seen on M2 that its a special key like on the VWs where you plug the remote part into the dash, then push it a little extra to make it start the car...

Simon, the sport button is down by the gear lever facia bit

Cooper_si
15th August 2006, 05:52 AM
DOH lol im scanning all over the place ....i shall shut up now :I:p

AndyP & Lenore
I wonder if the sports button will be available on the auto:question::p

Sweeney
Seems to be a rather good idea, just like the M5 and M6, why run your car at its full potential from when you turn the key. Better off running at 60% of it's capabilities then you can configure the gear ratios and gear change verocity too. 0-62 in 2.5mins ;) (rant over)

Im not one for these buttons at all. :p

Scottie
15th August 2006, 05:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Seems to be a rather good idea, just like the M5 and M6, why run your car at its full potential from when you turn the key. Better off running at 60% of it's capabilities then you can configure the gear ratios and gear change verocity too. 0-62 in 2.5mins ;) (rant over)

Sweeney your a old man and remind me of my late father;):p

Sweeney
15th August 2006, 05:59 AM
Bah humbug. Most of the time im too sarcastic and cynical for my own good ;) I could've ranted about all these buttons and settings etc all week but it'd only aggravate me! :sleepy:

Scottie
15th August 2006, 06:02 AM

Bah humbug. Most of the time im too sarcastic and cynical for my own good ;) I could've ranted about all these buttons and settings etc all week but it'd only aggravate me! :sleepy:

;):cool::kiss:

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 06:04 AM

Sweeney your a old man and remind me of my late father;):p

PMSL.

I have to say, anyone who doesn't know you and meets you on a run for the first time after seeing you post here, will expect pipe-smokin', flatcap wearin', volvo driver.:eek::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye:

A.:D

Sweeney
15th August 2006, 06:06 AM
Hmm, interesting appearance described there must try to take it up one day soon! :D Although theres nothing wrong with someone being like what you described.

Well i am what i am... :)

I'm trying hard not to post more of the rant! :I (bonnet scoop comes to mind!) No, don't arg..

AndyP & Lenore
15th August 2006, 06:16 AM

I'm trying hard not to post more of the rant! :I (bonnet scoop comes to mind!) No, don't arg..

You were doing well there, but you keep editing your post.;):D

L

Sweeney
15th August 2006, 06:51 AM
I know :(