PDA

View Full Version : R56 have you

Scottie
27th July 2006, 04:13 AM
well anyone put a deposit down on one yet and what model.??

Was going to put a deposit down but decided to wait for 12 months as got myself a lemon first time round with the original first new mini.:I

sedgie
27th July 2006, 04:15 AM
hmmmm "wishes" she had the money!:p;):D

ianking
27th July 2006, 04:26 AM
ive got my name on the waiting list at Eastern for the traveller. Apparently im top on the list. Put my name down about 7 or 8 months ago but they have no idea when it will be out. Anyone here got an idea.

Scottie
27th July 2006, 04:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

ive got my name on the waiting list at Eastern for the traveller. Apparently im top on the list. Put my name down about 7 or 8 months ago but they have no idea when it will be out. Anyone here got an idea.

is not something like Nov 2007

ianking
27th July 2006, 04:30 AM
have you got details (specs + prices) for the new hatch yet. Will there be a new cabrio at launch as well

Scottie
27th July 2006, 04:38 AM

have you got details (specs + prices) for the new hatch yet. Will there be a new cabrio at launch as well

as I understand things it will ge a good while before there is a R56 Cabrio maybe a wee face lift before a new model.

anyone know for sure.

ianking
27th July 2006, 04:41 AM
Do you know when we will be able to get brochures and prices of the new car

Scottie
27th July 2006, 04:47 AM

Do you when we will be able to get brochures and prices of the new car

nope but they say it is going to launch at the Paris motor show in September so maybe sometime after that.

Although I wonder why they didn't launch it at the London motor show what with being built in the UK

maybe something to do with it having a french engine in it:(

Mini Me
27th July 2006, 04:50 AM

end 2008 :eek:

Scottie
27th July 2006, 04:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by Only Me

end 2008 :eek:

your back thought you wisnae back until Thursday. Will send you a e-mail about that wee present for you re helping me out.

Craig
27th July 2006, 05:03 AM
Details out on 28th Sept according to our Claire...

illegalhunter
27th July 2006, 05:22 AM
iam going for the traveler when it comes out the r56 is just to similar to old ones

Mini Me
27th July 2006, 05:43 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

Details out on 28th Sept according to our Claire...

thats fur the hatch ;)

ianking
27th July 2006, 06:10 AM
here Fiona your no getting rid of that lovely park lane are you. Or is it your silver Cooper S thats going. Take it your still keeping the Discovery

Scottie
27th July 2006, 06:45 AM

here Fiona your no getting rid of that lovely park lane are you. Or is it your silver Cooper S thats going. Take it your still keeping the Discovery

keeping the Parklane (best Mini todate) so much so it has made me realise how much better a cooper is than a cooper S;) discovery defo staying Silver Mini has been dumped:p

Gismo
27th July 2006, 06:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop
keeping the Parklane (best Mini todate) so much so it has made me realise how much better a cooper is than a cooper S;)I totally agree, best decision i ever made as well :approve:

The Bull
27th July 2006, 07:08 AM
Why so? What makes the Cooper better than an S? I don't get it? I've heard a lot of peeps say this. Don't you miss the whine of the supercharger? And the bonnet looks to plain without the scoop! :D:D:D

Scottie
27th July 2006, 07:23 AM
I am not anti Cooper S afterall I've owned a few my first was a cooper but was never out of the dealer for me to get any true idea of how it drove.
for me and my style of driving (granny) the Cooper holds the road better has much better power delivery for the size of car but there is folk out there to explain better than what I could.

It just is a better car to drive

for me I think it truely needs a good driver to get the best out of a S and I consider myself to be a above average driver I am also a member of IAM:I:eek:

I can get the S round the corners but I can get the cooper round better straight line and on the motorway is where the S is better but I never understood it until I owned the Parklane.

Gismo
27th July 2006, 07:54 AM
Yep, what Fi says, the cooper handles so much better, it's more of a drivers car, the S and especially a modded one will get the power away on the straights and powering out of corners, but, a well driven cooper is not easy to lose ;)
Besides it's lighter than an S, but maybe not the GP ;)

The Bull
27th July 2006, 08:07 AM
Having never driven a Cooper I'm not going to argue. :)

ianking
27th July 2006, 04:33 PM
ive driven both over my time and i like the S alot. Its just the fuel consumption and the insurance that put me off it. The Cooper is much easier on the pocket

Scottie
27th July 2006, 05:58 PM
18th November is Launch date of the new Model think the dealers will get some produt information around the 14th August and early Sept for price confirmation.

But Claire will have a better idea.

Clare1
27th July 2006, 09:11 PM
14th August is when the information is released into the dealer network but the full spec brochures and price lists will be avail 28th Sept.
Surprised your name isnt down for one yet Fe,
We have started taking deposits...

Scottie
27th July 2006, 09:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Clare1

14th August is when the information is released into the dealer network but the full spec brochures and price lists will be avail 28th Sept.
Surprised your name isnt down for one yet Fe,
We have started taking deposits...

;)

stoney
28th July 2006, 04:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Yep, what Fi says, the cooper handles so much better, it's more of a drivers car, the S and especially a modded one will get the power away on the straights and powering out of corners, but, a well driven cooper is not easy to lose ;)
Besides it's lighter than an S, but maybe not the GP ;)

now i dont agere with this i went from a cooper 2 a jhon cooper works and find the works so much better 2 drive u have the power when u want it and dont have 2 keep it above 30 000 rmp 2 get some fun out it :D but on saying that i did love my wee cooper when i had it just like the works better and think it holds the road better but that is me :D:D

The Dogfather
28th July 2006, 04:44 AM
Driven both, but no longer a Cooper owner.

All the Cooper is missing is a sixth gear for economy at higher speeds. The S, whilst a great car is far too thirsty and too be honest the extra power isn't really needed on the twisty stuff.

sedgie
28th July 2006, 04:48 AM
Well i have driven both....n prefer my S ;)

Scottie
28th July 2006, 04:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by sedgie

Well i have driven both....n prefer my S ;)

no the Cooper;):p

Lets get back to talking R56

sedgie
28th July 2006, 04:59 AM
lol
:p

eddie 44
28th July 2006, 05:17 AM
had both cooper and cooper S... regret selling my cooper.. far better car to drive.. i want another.. :pnext year.. ;)

Crombers
28th July 2006, 06:58 AM
Go'n the Coopers :p;):D:approve:

I've never driven as 'S' but if guys like Alan & John reckon a Coop is better to 'drive' then who am I to argue :cool:

4000 RPM on the twisties & I'm lovin it :D

Gismo
28th July 2006, 07:00 AM
There's something to be said for keeping a cooper on the edge rather than just using the brute power of the Works S to get you back up to race speed
Anyway, back on topic :p nope, i won't be putting my name down for a R56