PDA

View Full Version : Mini Makeover

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 03:34 AM
Just back from Menzies where our MINI has been in for a wee makeover the past couple of days.

Aero kit front and rear bumpers fitted. All chrome removed. Colour coded mirror caps fitted. St Andrews Cross flag on sunroof (by Carlo at Solar Glass Technologies).

We love it!

http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/mini_aero0009.JPG
http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/mini_aero0004.JPG
http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/mini_aero0011.JPG
http://www.reachercreatures.com/MINI/mini_aero0013.JPG

Sweeney
22nd July 2006, 03:38 AM
Much better a+l, much much better. (Never been a fan of chrome mirrors, vents scoops etc :))

Just watch how many chips you get on the aero bumper now :D

All you need now is painted brake calipers to set it off ;) there'll be left over red from mine being done at menzies :sleepy:

Big Col
22nd July 2006, 03:41 AM
All chrome removed? <peers> Whatabout the line round the windows? Or the door handle? Or the fillercap? Of the headlight surrounds? Or your spot surrounds? Or the repeater light surrounds? Or the mini badges? Hmmm? HMMMMM? ;)

It's looking good though. :D

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 03:44 AM
Well. I meant all the chrome that we had added over the past year has been removed.

<coughsmartarsecough>:D

sedgie
22nd July 2006, 03:48 AM
Looks good!:D:approve::approve:

X30YES
22nd July 2006, 04:07 AM
the car looks really spot on ,the Aero kit just sets it off to a T ,with the roof graphic being the icing on the cake , a good all round job I'd say ,and well thought out as well i bet ;)

**** have you tested the spots yet ???:p;)

illegalhunter
22nd July 2006, 04:08 AM
looked good before you had it done looks the dogs bolxxks now get rid of the wet wet wet sign plz

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 04:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by deerslayer

looked good before you had it done looks the dogs bolxxks now get rid of the wet wet wet sign plz

:approve::approve::approve::approve:

Unfortunately, It's more Lenore's car than mine so I don't really have any say with the WWW sticker issue. Believe me, I've tried.;)

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 04:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

the car looks really spot on ,the Aero kit just sets it off to a T ,with the roof graphic being the icing on the cake , a good all round job I'd say ,and well thought out as well i bet ;)

**** have you tested the spots yet ???:p;)

Haven't tested the spots but they are not new. They were fitted to the Mini before. I'm sure Menzies will have plugged them back in.8)

X30YES
22nd July 2006, 04:19 AM
Andy They look set a wee bit high ??...be good for seeing craws up a tree tho

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 04:25 AM

I'll have a wee looky at the "before" pics. But I didnt think the bracket was adjustable on height.

Craig
22nd July 2006, 04:33 AM
VERY nice - looks better than yesterday :eek:;):approve:

are you sure all of it is the same colour ? ? ;)

Love the roof graphic :approve::approve:

X30YES
22nd July 2006, 04:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

I'll have a wee looky at the "before" pics. But I didnt think the bracket was adjustable on height.
The bracket is not as you say
The lights are tho , slacken the nuts and the lamp will go up or down /left right etc

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 04:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

Yesterday has been erased from our memory. Yesterday didn't happen. Live for today.:D

I can never tell when you are teasing these days.... All the same colour??? What u onabout?

Roof graphic is the muts nuts.:D I have to say, we are very impressed with Carlo. Excellent service, excellent price, excellent quality. Would defo use him again. In fact, he's the ONLY one of all the roof graphic people we called who even had the decency to follow up on our enquiry.:approve:

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 04:58 AM

The lights are tho , slacken the nuts and the lamp will go up or down /left right etc

Hmmmmmm. Will have another wee looky. I looked under the bonnet and they have attached the brackets about 1" further out than last time. I'm guessing the bonnet stripes were re-aplied then they attached the spot lamps to suit.:approve:

A.

Craig
22nd July 2006, 05:02 AM

I can never tell when you are teasing these days.... All the same colour??? What u onabout?

and that's the way I like it... :D:D

just trying to get a rise out of you re that bit that HAD to get painted...;)

X30YES
22nd July 2006, 05:11 AM

[quote]Originally posted by X30YES

[/quote

Hmmmmmm. Will have another wee looky. I looked under the bonnet and they have attached the brackets about 1" further out than last time. I'm guessing the bonnet stripes were re-aplied then they attached the spot lamps to suit.:approve:

A.
I just wondered if the beam was high when you put them on thats all ..try againts a garage door or wall (close up )

Sweeney
22nd July 2006, 05:12 AM
I see what your saying angus, they look as if they are aimed higher than they should be

Neil and Lorna
22nd July 2006, 05:25 AM
Very nice wee brother.:D:D

Yowie.:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 05:31 AM

I just wondered if the beam was high when you put them on thats all ..try againts a garage door or wall (close up )

Aye. Your right Angus. I switched them on while facing the house and they lit up the top of our living room window. Waaaay too high. And the nearside is higher than the offside. I was looking at the fitting again and thinking to myself "WTF is Angus on about, there's no way in hell these spots will move up and down." but then I realised what you mean. That when I slacken off the nut underneath the spots will tip forward or back and left and right. They defo have not been set up right when the car was finished off. :D Cheers for pointing that out.;)

Sweeney
22nd July 2006, 05:34 AM
Usual menzies workmanship :(

<wonders how long norman will take to respond :p>

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 05:35 AM
and that's the way I like it... :D:D

just trying to get a rise out of you re that bit that HAD to get painted...;)

http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/HiFlip.gif

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 05:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Usual menzies workmanship :(

<wonders how long norman will take to respond :p>

Sweeney, you don't know the half of it. But here and now's not the time. Besides, we left happy in the end.:D

Sweeney
22nd July 2006, 05:38 AM
I was only joking though :) nobodies perfect :D (just like winding norman up)

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 05:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil and Lorna

Although I realise your sentiments are aimed at both of us, Lenore is threatening to give you a :blackeye: tomorrow if you don't acknowledge it was all her idea.:D;)

Neil and Lorna
22nd July 2006, 05:49 AM

quote:Originally posted by Neil and Lorna

Although I realise your sentiments are aimed at both of us, Lenore is threatening to give you a :blackeye: tomorrow if you don't acknowledge it was all her idea.:D;)

I might of known, wimin they like to spend the money.
Mine is all bags,shoes, bags, shoes,new outfit with shoes and another bag to match.:D:D:D

Neil.:D:D:D

roadrunner
22nd July 2006, 05:49 AM
Very nice, looks really good
I like the painted mirror caps in body colour.

Sweeney
22nd July 2006, 05:51 AM
Neil, your going to suffer for saying that :eek: better hurry up and delete the post before lorna clocks it!

stoney
22nd July 2006, 06:50 AM
looks good !!!

Scottie
22nd July 2006, 07:41 AM
well I think it looks awful. so there.
i'm only kidding just wanted to say something different.

although you need to get rid of that chrome filler cap oh and those chrome s side badges. funny as it would happen I may be able to help you out with that.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 07:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

well I think it looks awful. so there.
i'm only kidding just wanted to say something different.

although you need to get rid of that chrome filler cap oh and those chrome s side badges. funny as it would happen I may be able to help you out with that.

Hmmmmmm..... Colour coded filler cap perhaps....????? <goes away to speak to Lenore>

What could you help us out with for the S side badges?

Scottie
22nd July 2006, 07:49 AM
well when I sell the silver mini which may well be next week. I have black shiny side vent badges in the s design they are very nice

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 07:54 AM
Just spoke to Lenore regarding the side S badges and the filler cap.

"NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! We're not spending any more money on that car." :eek:

I'll work on her.;)

Sheilz
22nd July 2006, 08:47 AM
Car looks fabulous. Love the roof graphic :approve::D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 05:24 PM

well when I sell the silver mini which may well be next week.

What you getting:question: and are you leaving your JCW wheels on:question:

gill
22nd July 2006, 06:22 PM
Car's looking fab guys !!!!! :cool::D:cool:

Saltire the best thing to have on your roof (although we are slightly biased about that! ;)).

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh soon! :D

Gismo
22nd July 2006, 06:32 PM
Very nice indeed :cool:

ianking
22nd July 2006, 07:29 PM
hi
car looks good now. Im no a fan of the silver bonnet scoops either. Do you fancy selling the silver mirror caps though.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd July 2006, 07:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

hi
car looks good now. Im no a fan of the silver bonnet scoops either. Do you fancy selling the silver mirror caps though.

Thanks Ian.

We are keeping all our chrome accessories so that we can put them back on in the future if we fancy another change of image.;):D

X30YES
22nd July 2006, 08:12 PM

well when I sell the silver mini which may well be next week. I have black shiny side vent badges in the s design they are very nice
<wonders if they would look good on a Dark Silver cs >;)

Duncan Stewart
25th July 2006, 04:01 AM

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Looking good :D

AndyP & Lenore
25th July 2006, 04:14 AM
quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Looking good :D

Thanks Duncan.:D:D

See you at Craigs Run next weekend.:D

euan
25th July 2006, 05:38 AM
Hey you guys, it really does look great!

My mate ordered a new Hyper Blue this weekend with an aero kit after I showed him photos of yours :)

AndyP & Lenore
25th July 2006, 05:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Hey you guys, it really does look great!

My mate ordered a new Hyper Blue this weekend with an aero kit after I showed him photos of yours :)

:approve::D:approve::D

Just as long as he doesn't go for R99's, bonnet stripes and a Saltire on the sun roof.;);)

Sweeney
25th July 2006, 05:46 AM
r99's are becoming too common ;)

AndyP & Lenore
25th July 2006, 05:49 AM

r99's are becoming too common ;)

We've had ours since the car was new just after they were launched.:approve:

But if I had my way we'd have a set of R105's on by now.:(;)

A.:cool:

euan
25th July 2006, 05:55 AM
Talked him out of R99 - he ordered webspokes and silver vipers!

I love the R99 though, even more than the R90s I had.

AndyP & Lenore
25th July 2006, 05:59 AM

Talked him out of R99 - he ordered webspokes and silver vipers!

I love the R99 though, even more than the R90s I had.

OOOoh. Silver Vipers on a Hyper blue with body kit is gonna look very nice!:approve::approve::approve:

euan
25th July 2006, 06:02 AM
I know - spent all last week helping him spec the damn thing! Can't wait to hear the HK stereo, not heard one yet.

If I got another MINI it would be hyper blue I reckon. Or maybe Pepper white...

AndyP & Lenore
25th July 2006, 06:13 AM

I know - spent all last week helping him spec the damn thing! Can't wait to hear the HK stereo, not heard one yet.

If I got another MINI it would be hyper blue I reckon. Or maybe Pepper white...

Thats all part of the fun of getting a MINI, the speccing. And the ticking of more boxes than you can possible afford.:D:D

His car does sound good. Once he's got it, make sure he's on here with pics and joining in the runs etc...:D

The Bull
25th July 2006, 05:08 PM

Can't wait to hear the HK stereo, not heard one yet.

Some folks slag the HK off. Personally I like the sound of it but I agree that you could probably get a better sound if you spent the £350 on other audio upgrades.

SORRY...Off topic. :I

ScottishCooper
26th July 2006, 09:55 PM
VERY nice:D, drooled a bit at arbroath as well as getting a few photos.
I'm planning on having a Aero kit fitted and the arches colour coded myself, so good to see others with it.
Spoke to Angus a bit about it, just need to get down to Parks and get a 'nice' price from them for all the work.

Sweeney
26th July 2006, 10:26 PM
Ha good luck :p get a quote from menzies too, make parks sweat a bit ;)

I have the HK system, best part i spec'd if you ask me, yes you could go aftermarket and get a louder, noisier boom boom setup but the system is just spot on for most music genre's :D

MartinSullivan
26th July 2006, 10:54 PM
If I missed it somewhere in the thread Im sorry - but is the roof graphic on the pierced film Andy?? I know you were looking for one like that a while ago - if it is then I want one :D

Crombers
27th July 2006, 02:55 AM
Nice one Mr & Mrs P :approve:

AndyP & Lenore
27th July 2006, 04:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by The Bull

Some folks slag the HK off. Personally I like the sound of it but I agree that you could probably get a better sound if you spent the £350 on other audio upgrades.

SORRY...Off topic. :I

Dont worry about going off topic.

once we'd specced the car the way we wanted it there wasn't any money left for the hk kit. gotta say we don't miss it. the sound from the standard kit is good enough. ioho.

Sweeney
27th July 2006, 04:06 AM
quote:gotta say we don't miss it. the sound from the standard kit is good enough. ioho.

Your in that famous river in egypt me thinks ;)

AndyP & Lenore
27th July 2006, 04:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

If I missed it somewhere in the thread Im sorry - but is the roof graphic on the pierced film Andy?? I know you were looking for one like that a while ago - if it is then I want one :D

martin, its not the perforated film. we did eventually source a co that would do it to our spec and they could match the hyper blue colour. but once the holes are put in the film when it sits on the car it was gonna look darker. and there was no way to use a trial and error way to match the colour with the holes because the material was being produced by a third party. so in the end we went with standard vinyl film by carlo at solar glass technology in stirling. top guy.

a.

sedgie
27th July 2006, 04:12 AM
Looks really good.....will see it on A&B run:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
27th July 2006, 04:33 AM
Allan (bonnie scotland) you edited one of my posts above. what did I do wrong? I'm surfing using my pda phone so my grammar may be a bit off.

Sweeney
27th July 2006, 04:39 AM
you typed your message in the quote tags.

Gordons_cooper_wrks
27th July 2006, 04:41 AM
ur car is stunning. i am very jelous. i have a cooper in hyper blue and i sure wish it looked like that. wouild u like a straight swap???? lol

AndyP & Lenore
27th July 2006, 05:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gordons_cooper_wrks

ur car is stunning. i am very jelous. i have a cooper in hyper blue and i sure wish it looked like that. wouild u like a straight swap???? lol

many thanks for your very kind comments.:D

very tempting offer but I think we'll stick with our own car for now.

but hey, all mini's look fantastic with the body kit on.

a.:D

Smitty
27th July 2006, 07:21 AM
Looks ace guys!! Glad you get rid of that chrome, not a huge fan of it (runs for cover.....hidding from all the chrome addicts out there!!:p;))

AndyP & Lenore
27th July 2006, 08:02 PM

you typed your message in the quote tags.

ah. i see. ok. thanks.

tell you what. . . . surfing on a 3" screen aint easy. :D

Sweeney
27th July 2006, 08:25 PM
yeah i can imagine... hit a dodgy wave and your off ;)

Crombers
28th July 2006, 07:17 AM
A wee question here. How come the front aero bumber around the fogs aint black trim as it is in the brochure :question:

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2006, 07:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by crombers

A wee question here. How come the front aero bumber around the fogs aint black trim as it is in the brochure :question:

for some reason some aero kit bumpers have this area in body colour and some have it in black. could be rong but I think the older body kits had that area in black and the post-face lift it is in body colour. either way, when the bumpers were prepared for us by menzies they would have painted this area blue for us anyway as we wanted them all colour coded.

does that answer the Q mr crombers? :D

Big Col
28th July 2006, 03:03 PM
I don't think that's right Andy. My Aero bumpers have the black area round the spots and it's a 2005.

Sweeney
28th July 2006, 03:24 PM
You are supposed to have black inserts fitted to that area, i didn't when mine was fitted... don't know why not.

I prefer it without the inserts anyway

AndyP & Lenore
28th July 2006, 07:32 PM
ok. clearly i'm talking out the hole in my (_|_)

sorry for wrong info crombers. its been 2 years since we had an aero kit on a car so my memory is clearly defunct.

I guess if we hadn't colour coded the black bits on the car menzies would have put the black bit in the appropriate places.

cheers.

a.

Scottie
28th July 2006, 07:50 PM
OK the black inserts come with the kit should have been in the box Andy. You can either fit them or not just depends on what you prefer.

Smitty
28th July 2006, 08:07 PM
Well i don't have the black insets and its a 55 plate, with factory fit Aero Kit!

AndyP & Lenore
29th July 2006, 01:07 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty

Well i don't have the black insets and its a 55 plate, with factory fit Aero Kit!

Smitty the Factories don't fit the aero kit. Your dealer would have fitted it for you when it landed off the transporter. Then again, I may be wrong in theis also.... Not on a good streak just now.

AndyP & Lenore
29th July 2006, 01:09 AM

OK the black inserts come with the kit should have been in the box Andy. You can either fit them or not just depends on what you prefer.

Thanks Fiona. I'm going to assume Menzies simply realised the car was colour coded and that we wouldn't want the black bits fitted. But you'd still think they would have given me them or left them in the car or something.:eek:

Sweeney
29th July 2006, 02:42 AM
Same with me (although not menzies), wasn't until i spied the inserts on other picures (not cars though, have yet to see one with them).

AndyP & Lenore
31st July 2006, 01:09 AM

Same with me (although not menzies), wasn't until i spied the inserts on other picures (not cars though, have yet to see one with them).

I think Onlyme's old demo car has them in.

Sweeney
31st July 2006, 01:11 AM
Ah didn't notice that when i had a look at it, i don't like how the kits look with them in anyway :).

AndyP & Lenore
31st July 2006, 01:15 AM

Ah didn't notice that when i had a look at it, i don't like how the kits look with them in anyway :).

Us neither.:D

saraandcraig
31st July 2006, 07:57 AM
saw car when we where in twweedbank yesterday love the roof finishes it off great and the fact that the car is always piloted at warp 9 by lenore means the wet wet wet sticker will hardly be noticed:)

AndyP & Lenore
31st July 2006, 08:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by saraandcraig

saw car when we where in twweedbank yesterday love the roof finishes it off great and the fact that the car is always piloted at warp 9 by lenore means the wet wet wet sticker will hardly be noticed:)

Now that is just pure cheek,;):blackeye::D but thanks for the kind words about the roof flag.:D:D

L

Craig
31st July 2006, 04:23 PM
aye .......... but it's TRUE!! :approve:

AndyP & Lenore
31st July 2006, 05:23 PM

aye .......... but it's TRUE!! :approve:

Watch it Davies.;):p:blackeye::D

L

ELFMAN
31st July 2006, 05:26 PM
Well.....guess that's the Family-Size Werther's out the window now your pocket money's spent. Looks really fine (but it was nice before too), especially the Sunroof Flag - really finishes it off a treat. I predict the beginning of a trend there.

NOW, to all you “Chromophobics” out there. (apart from Bonnet Scoops which I'm not sure about)... I wouldn't swap my chrome bits, as I reckon they look good with Indi Blue and Black, adding a 'tasteful aesthethic counterpoint' to the overall appearance of the vehicle... it says here. All depends on the colour of the car I reckon - the darker shades suit some chrome for that "Classic" look, but then so does Pepper White, it gets lost on some of the other shades though. Each to their own.

What's this Andy? ICE upgrade?? With a PLAYMINI exhaust??? Ach, ye've let me down! I get a Wagnerian soundtrack every time I pass 5,000 rpm or back off the throttlev - can't have music interfering with that! By the way, “I love the smell of Optimax and Octane Booster in the morning...” You'll be fitting a quiter system so you can hear your Wet Wet Wet and S Club CD's next... bet you just love that single by the Pipettes...

ELFMAN
31st July 2006, 05:30 PM
By the way “throttlev” is a typo, not some cheap Soviet JCW-alike accessory......

ELFMAN
31st July 2006, 05:32 PM
AND I meant 'Quieter' system, NOT 'quiter'....front of the Class, Elfman, you're not paying attention!

Big Col
31st July 2006, 05:37 PM
You can also stay back after school for extra lessons into the "Edit post" funtionality as you've clearly not been studying! ;)

Mini Me
31st July 2006, 06:03 PM

Andy's right the factory dont fit , as for the inserst , they dont come with the kit , but you can order them if you want them.Some cars look better without then tho:I

AndyP & Lenore
31st July 2006, 06:11 PM
Euan (Elfman),

Kind words indeed, from such a knowledgable and likeable chap.

I think your right about the chrome. It does look good on certain cars and more importantly on certain colours. The way we looked at it was this:

We already had the following colours on our car: Blue, White & Chrome. Which you can just get away with. But when we were adding the aero kit we would be adding black too. And Blue, Black, White & Chrome was just a wee bit too much for anyone's eyes to realistically absorb without a headache coming on. So, we first considered removing the white stripes, but that would still leave the white roof. So, off with the chrome it was. And we think the car looks the better for it. Still liked the chrome look too, but blue/white/black is better.:D

A & L

AndyP & Lenore
31st July 2006, 06:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by Only Me

Andy's right the factory dont fit [the aerokit]!

Note this day in the diary please!!!:approve::approve::approve:

ELFMAN
1st August 2006, 04:15 AM
You're right Andy & Lenore, the look you're going for (and have achieved) is a clean, modern MINI look which doesn't need chrome, whereas I've gone for the 'Classic on Steroids/Werthers' approach - as we've said, certain colours lend themselves to a certain 'look' and the Hyper Blue is just that bit more 'contemporary' for the Aero kit etc.

Now all you need is maybe a set of nice BBS chunky Cross-Spoke-type alloys (not yer BMW R-thingy ones) to finish it (and your bank balance!) off. At the weekend I'm going to drool over your roof and Gill's fabby new seats. MMMMMMMM.......

Sorry about the 'Pipettes' line... I know you're Rockers at heart, I'm just going off mine.

Nowe Mistre BIg Coll, Hou dooy EdIT teh POstS>,pi///**!nyo If yo mkae a misnake? Jsut incase Ido.

Sweeney
1st August 2006, 04:18 AM
Elfman, you have something going with those werthers don't you? Might bring some along to craigs run to cure the obsession! ;)

Craig
1st August 2006, 04:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by ELFMAN

You're right Andy & Lenore, the look you're going for (and have achieved) is a clean, modern MINI look which doesn't need chrome, whereas I've gone for the 'Classic on Steroids/Werthers' approach - as we've said, certain colours lend themselves to a certain 'look' and the Hyper Blue is just that bit more 'contemporary' for the Aero kit etc.

Now all you need is maybe a set of nice BBS chunky Cross-Spoke-type alloys (not yer BMW R-thingy ones) to finish it (and your bank balance!) off. At the weekend I'm going to drool over your roof and Gill's fabby new seats. MMMMMMMM.......

Sorry about the 'Pipettes' line... I know you're Rockers at heart, I'm just going off mine.

Nowe Mistre BIg Coll, Hou dooy EdIT teh POstS>,pi///**!nyo If yo mkae a misnake? Jsut incase Ido.

PMSL - your a riot Euan - looking forward to seeing you on Sunday :D

Sweeney
1st August 2006, 04:30 AM
Me too :)

AndyP & Lenore
1st August 2006, 04:40 AM

Me too :)

Is this you self proclaiming yourself to be a riot as well, or stating that you are looking forward to seeing Euan on Sunday too?:D

A.

Sweeney
1st August 2006, 04:42 AM
Both :D, although you knew that already mr.p :)

AndyP & Lenore
1st August 2006, 05:04 AM

Both :D, although you knew that already mr.p :)

:D