PDA

View Full Version : private messages

illegalhunter
20th July 2006, 06:08 AM
will the site be getting pm s as i have a laptop using my mobile it takes ages to log in to my email

X30YES
20th July 2006, 06:33 AM
:eek:.Ask a question about cricket , you might get an answer on that :p:D:D

Wul
20th July 2006, 04:24 PM
Well when you sent the PM did the window say - "your message has been sent"?

You also need to rely on two other things which are the usual cause of people thinking the PM hasn't been sent:

1 - the other person hasn't/doesn't check their email regularly
2 - the other person has since changed email accounts but hasn't updated the one they registered with.

The best way is normally to PM them then if they don;t get back to you post up a thread saying they have mail.

:)

Also rememeber if you reply to a PM in your email - you need to cut and paste the senders email address from the body of the message otherwise it comes back to the NMS admin address.

Gismo
20th July 2006, 04:39 PM
Wul, I'm sure John was meaning can PM's be intoduced to the site, much like Mini2, on here there is no PM facility within the snitz forum software.
PM's are in actual time between 2 individuals and a conversation can be struck up without the need to go to your personal e-mail system.
Currently you have to click on a user name and send an e-mail ;)
I was waiting for Calum or the super mod Gaj to respond as i'm not 100 per cent sure :I

But for now, no PM facility exists

X30YES
20th July 2006, 04:47 PM
But for now, no PM facility exists:p:approve:

Gismo
20th July 2006, 04:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
But for now, no PM facility exists:p:approve:Don't look too far into that, the PM facility may never exist :p

X30YES
20th July 2006, 04:58 PM
I'm not sure its a good idea ,like the extra wee smiley's...and its not a simple job to do either so I hear/read from other posts .
John I did send you a mail via NMS,re a question you asked ,and take it your still having log in probs ?

Burple
20th July 2006, 06:25 PM
PM's aren't really necessary..

If you have a Hotmail account (you don't actually NEED one to use the software, you can get a MSN Messenger account with an alternative address), or a Yahoo one you can use their respective version of Messenger if you want to.
Simply put your Messenger address in your profile, and when you post, a little Icon appears above your posts indicating if you have an account set up to use either messenger.
It DOES however rely on both people having installed the messenger software tho...

:)

Scottie
20th July 2006, 09:33 PM
yeh but a message system would be good to have the one with the wee box that opens up as soon as you log in to the site