PDA

View Full Version : Windows

Lynsey
18th July 2006, 12:30 AM
Mentioned this to a few at F&M.

When the key is not in the ignition, the windows should not move....correct????

Well mine clearly have a bloody mind of there own, when I was at F&M yesterday, trying to escape from a weirdo, I locked the doors and went to put the windows up, they did....without a key which left me confused for the rest of the afternoon!

Just assumed it was a one off...got sent home ill today from work, took the key out then realised best leave windows down a wee bit to stop build up of heat, didnt have the key in again and they went down! I will try this again later, they seem to just do it every so often....WEIRD!

Anyine else suffer from a Mini Window Malfunction!!!

X30YES
18th July 2006, 12:34 AM
I know that if you depress the key when its not in the ignition the windows will drop ,letting the heat out before you get in etc

stoney
18th July 2006, 12:34 AM
this is not a prob as long as u have not broke contacts of the car ie open door once u have turnd off ur car as mine will do the same ;)

lightbody
18th July 2006, 12:53 AM
To clarify : the windows will work after switching the engine off, until you open a door.

Mini Me
18th July 2006, 01:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

I know that if you depress the key when its not in the ignition the windows will drop ,letting the heat out before you get in etc

they stopped that function BS, to many people complaining:eek: sounds like a BC1 control unit;)

ianking
18th July 2006, 03:31 AM
my mate at work has an 06 plate and his windows go down using the unlock button on the key and he never had to get it coded in or anything.

stoney
18th July 2006, 05:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

my mate at work has an 06 plate and his windows go down using the unlock button on the key and he never had to get it coded in or anything.

yep they do that 2 :D

Mini Me
18th July 2006, 05:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

it stopped comming as a factory setting, but you can have it done at PDI,maybe the dealer does it all the time, but certainly not from the factory:D;)

X30YES
18th July 2006, 05:09 AM
Broonie is right, again ...Ive just checked mine in the garage,its 06 and they dont go down ,but my last one did :p:clown:

Mini Me
18th July 2006, 05:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Broonie is right, again ...Ive just checked mine in the garage,its 06 and they dont go down ,but my last one did :p:clown:

well of course ;)

euan
18th July 2006, 06:08 AM
Yeah, but if like me you want to change it later, the dealer will charge you (half hour labour to tell you what you can change, and a half hour labour to do the change). Blooming rip off if you ask me!

X30YES
18th July 2006, 02:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by euan

Yeah, but if like me you want to change it later, the dealer will charge you (half hour labour to tell you what you can change, and a half hour labour to do the change). Blooming rip off if you ask me!
< never been charged > for that sort of work to be carried out !!!!

Lynsey
19th July 2006, 03:22 AM
Ok, my wee Milly clearly has her own thing going on. I got unlocked the car last night, got in, pushed the buttons for windows and they didnt move, so i put the key in, turned the electrics on, then off, took the key out and pushed the buttons for the windows, this time they went down, so I can only assume that for a period of time after the key has been removed, parts of the car, ie the windows will still function!!!!

Mini Me
19th July 2006, 03:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by Lynsey

Ok, my wee Milly clearly has her own thing going on. I got unlocked the car last night, got in, pushed the buttons for windows and they didnt move, so i put the key in, turned the electrics on, then off, took the key out and pushed the buttons for the windows, this time they went down, so I can only assume that for a period of time after the key has been removed, parts of the car, ie the windows will still function!!!!

your car need a new BC1 control unit....:dead: just tell em ,no mucking about;)

Burple
19th July 2006, 06:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by Only Me

quote:Originally posted by Lynsey

your car need a new BC1 control unit....:dead: just tell em ,no mucking about;)

^ What he says! :approve:

I had bother similar to this on my old Cooper when it was a few months old. Except the windows kept dipping down to their 'Door open' position, when the car was locked and keys in my hand. Cos they kept moving, they kept setting the alarm off, so I couldn't leave the car locked! :( You could stand and watch them 'dance' away all by themselves!

New BC1 unit - problem solved!:approve:

(Although I've not heard of the problem so much on newer cars...)

Big Col
19th July 2006, 07:26 PM
I think they're both talking mince! you don't need a new BC1! The windows work for a short period of time without the key in. I do it all the time as I forget to put them up before turning off the ignition!

Sweeney
19th July 2006, 08:09 PM
just tested it there, mine works without key in ignition although if i open the door and shut it they don't.