PDA

View Full Version : blair drummond safari sun 3rd sep done

stoney
17th July 2006, 08:32 PM
hi all i am doing my first run now as u may have gessed it is 2 Edinburgh Zoo or blair drummond

Sun 3nd of september for this run :D:D:D

Safari

price list

Adults £9.50
Children (3-14 inclusive) £6.00
Senior Citizens £6.00
People with special needs £6.00
Children under 3 free.

Guide Book about the park £2.50 and includes free child voucher for your next visit.

have put the web sites up

http://www.safari-park.co.uk/

thanx stoney and christine ;)

1 stoney (me):D
2 bonnie scotland
3 sweeney
4 sedgie
5 SAZ_8929
6 Julz ,Rob and ickle Craig (non mini:eek:);)
7 LNL1 + Ellie
8 craigd if working :(
9 Sheilz (specy)
10 john
11 my wee boy
12 angus

ok park fist then a small run after

DOWNLOAD RUN NOTES HERE (http://www.reachercreatures.com/minirun/stones%20run.pdf)

meet point stirling services 9:30am

i know most of u will know all this but please read

rules of the run

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=467&SearchTerms=run,rules

seen as this is my fist run :clown:i am going 2 keep it small ish so am only having 15 places :D:D

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/minirun.jpg

Burple
17th July 2006, 09:13 PM
This could be nice!

Do you know if they'd reserve a bit of the carpark for us? It's not that big, and every time I've been we've had to wait ages for just *one* space, never mind 30- odd cars on a Mini run! ;):D:D

Don't wanna Pi$$ on your fire, but it's something pretty important to sort out if you're gonna go ahead with the organisation :cool::cool:

Could be a lot of fun! Mind you.. there's some members who might get kept in! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

stoney
17th July 2006, 09:14 PM
ok i will do that thanx for the note ;)

stoney
17th July 2006, 09:22 PM
just spoke 2 zoo thay say thir is no way of reserving car park space so will take a run over and see them so please still note intrest as if i can get some thing sorted i will still do this run !!!

Sweeney
17th July 2006, 09:24 PM
tell them you'll just go to blairdrummon then do em out of business ;)

Sweeney
17th July 2006, 11:09 PM
Haha, didn't say change it to blair drummon ya dafty :p

stoney
17th July 2006, 11:10 PM
ok i took sweeney's idea on bord:cool: and had a look at the safri now that looks better so i have changed as u peps will see please have a look at this page for ur Q,s about the park

http://www.safari-park.co.uk/faqs.php

Sweeney
17th July 2006, 11:16 PM
:eek: read post above! :p

If i go theres not a chance that i'll be driving through with my car for monkeys to jump all over it! :mad::approve:

Wul
17th July 2006, 11:16 PM
Great idea - although you may be limiting some of your attendees:

Are convertable cars and pick up trucks allowed in the park?
Convertable cars and pickup trucks are not allowed in the animal reserves due to safety reasons. We recommend if you have a hard topped car you use it for your trip.

Knew there was a reason not to buy a ragtop :p;)

stoney
17th July 2006, 11:28 PM
sweeney look :p

How safe is the drive through and do monkeys damage your car?
As the park no longer has monkeys there is very little risk of damage to your car. You must keep all windows closed whilst in the reserves. No convertible cars or open back pickup trucks are allowed through due to safety in the lion enclosure

and i know but like this idea better and no prob with parking !!!

well all that have the soft tops can jump in with the hard top im shure thire would be spaces for them :D:Dgot it planed i think :p

Sweeney
17th July 2006, 11:30 PM
lions :eek:

AndyP & Lenore
17th July 2006, 11:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

lions :eek:

Nah. Don't think Lenore will be going. :eek::D;)

gill
17th July 2006, 11:49 PM
Put our names down ... we're up for a laugh with the NMS monkeys!!! ;)

Gill, Ewan & Jamie

:D:cool::D

Smitty
17th July 2006, 11:59 PM
Sorry, i'll have to say no....hate the idea of taking the car into a safari park....just dont trust those blasted animals!!:eek::blackeye::p

But good orginal idea for a run, i'm sure a few others will take up the idea!:)

stoney
18th July 2006, 12:10 AM
well u are very unlikly 2 get any damage done u have more chance of the animals doing a runner !!!!:)

X30YES
18th July 2006, 12:19 AM
The first thing you will need to do is get names as you know ,then a recce
see Craigs (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4143),will need to be done also, with times ,miles ,and distances ,a Starting point ,stops etc in pdf file format , print them and hand them out , or include a link and that will save you some printing trouble Or do you intend just to go from Stirling (Central for all) to the park it's self ?

stoney
18th July 2006, 12:27 AM
well was just geiting intrest was thinking of meeting at or neer park going round then doing a run after was going 2 email u and ask all of that and how 2 go about doing this

Sweeney
18th July 2006, 01:15 AM
well i'd go, but i don't fancy going through the animal reserves in the car.

Gismo
18th July 2006, 02:20 AM
I can make the 2nd September, also, i've taken my cooper through the enclosures, the animals don't go anywhere near you as they are all well fed and mostly are sleeping :approve:

sedgie
18th July 2006, 02:43 AM
I should be able to make ....so go on put me down:D

Gismo
18th July 2006, 02:43 AM
Damn, just realised that's a saturday, i, erm, well, ya see, i can't manage saturday's, but, if it was, well, you know the sunday :approve: but don't just change it for me :I and i was so looking forwrad to making a run too :p;)

sedgie
18th July 2006, 02:48 AM
Yeh a Sunday would defo be better for me aswell:I

stoney
18th July 2006, 02:51 AM
well have sent a e-mail gill 2 see if ok with them and if is then will be changed 2 sunday

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2006, 02:54 AM
Sunday would be better for us too.

Duncan Stewart
18th July 2006, 03:34 AM
Sounds interesting but I'm probably away that weekend. Enjoy yourselves :cool:

gill
18th July 2006, 04:42 AM
Sunday would be fine for us :D

stoney
18th July 2006, 04:56 AM
changes made fist page run now sun

X30YES
18th July 2006, 05:35 AM
£4.50 per OAP & Special needs £4.50 :D...sounds ok to me :p:D

stoney
18th July 2006, 05:43 AM
so it that a yes then A?

SAZ_8929
18th July 2006, 05:20 PM
1 s700ony
2 gill
3 sweeney ?
4 Bonnie Scotland
5 sedgie
6 AndyP & Lenore
7 SAZ_8929

count me in

stoney
18th July 2006, 05:24 PM
thats u on saz ;)

Julz
18th July 2006, 05:26 PM
Can you put me, Rob and ickle Craig down for this one, if we're allowed in a non-mini that is??:p:D

stoney
18th July 2006, 05:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Can you put me, Rob and ickle Craig down for this one, if we're allowed in a non-mini that is??:p:D

only cus i am nice !!!:D

not a prob been added:cool:;)

Burple
18th July 2006, 06:12 PM
Put me an Ellie down for this too provisionally..
Possibly not the Mini, but we'll see ;):cool:

..and I couldn't help myself..
Had to dig up this one and post it again for Ickle J!

Holy Crap. Lions! (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/kenya/)

:D:D:D:D

stoney
18th July 2006, 06:49 PM
done like the link verry good !!! :)

Julz
18th July 2006, 09:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1
..and I couldn't help myself..
Had to dig up this one and post it again for Ickle J!

:D:D:D:D

Gee thanks, I'm going to be singing that all day (which thankfully got the theme for Jojo's Circus out of my head!!)

Still need to point out that YOU DON'T GET TIGERS IN KENYA!!!;);)

Scottie
18th July 2006, 09:33 PM
guys are you really going to take your minis to the bd safari park. the monkeys will get at them and the scratches on the paint work. yikes.

Julz
18th July 2006, 09:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

guys are you really going to take your minis to the bd safari park. the monkeys will get at them and the scratches on the paint work. yikes.

Doubt it, they're all in heaven!!;):clown:

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2006, 09:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Doubt it, they're all in heaven!!;):clown:

From looking at their web site they still have monkeys.http://www.x5world.com/images/smilies/dunno.gif

Edit: Correction. It's chimpanzees they still have. Not monkeys. I still wouldn't take the car through the safari park. Not a chance on it. Just simply not worth the risk.

stoney
18th July 2006, 10:00 PM
off the web sit in the faq's How safe is the drive through and do monkeys damage your car?
As the park no longer has monkeys there is very little risk of damage to your car. You must keep all windows closed whilst in the reserves. No convertible cars or open back pickup trucks are allowed through due to safety in the lion enclosure

Scottie
18th July 2006, 10:05 PM
I would nae take my car through but that's just me. nae monkey business but still a big lion paw on the paint work. yikes I would die.

stoney
18th July 2006, 10:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I can make the 2nd September, also, i've taken my cooper through the enclosures, the animals don't go anywhere near you as they are all well fed and mostly are sleeping :approve:

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2006, 10:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by s700ony

I'm well fed and sleep regularly. But let me at your car and I could make a real mess!;):eek::D

Big Col
18th July 2006, 10:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

I'm well fed

Yer no half chubbs! :blackeye:;):D

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2006, 10:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

I'm well fed

Yer no half chubbs! :blackeye:;):D

LOL. Cheeky BAS!:eek::blackeye::D;)

stoney
18th July 2006, 10:43 PM

Sunday would be better for us too.

so are we going 2 take the plunge:question: the way i see it u are more likely 2 have some little ned put a key up the side of ur car:blackeye: or some one bashing it in a car park :mad:

i am def going for 1 :D:D

Gismo
18th July 2006, 10:51 PM
Let's all bear in mind that Stoney is trying to organise a run :) the destination is his choice, you either want to go or not, so, try and keep the banter down so that he can keep an eye on the thread without having to trawl through loads of non run specific posts :p
I appreciate everyone's concerns regarding their precious cars sustaining scratches, but, i believe you are more likely to get stone chip damage in every day use than any animal attacks

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2006, 11:31 PM

Let's all bear in mind that Stoney is trying to organise a run :) the destination is his choice, you either want to go or not, so, try and keep the banter down so that he can keep an eye on the thread without having to trawl through loads of non run specific posts :p
I appreciate everyone's concerns regarding their precious cars sustaining scratches, but, i believe you are more likely to get stone chip damage in every day use than any animal attacks

I hear what your saying Allan. And top marks to Stoney for taking the plunge and organising a run. Good for him!:D

But you have to bear in mind, there's a difference between driving on the open road and accepting what can happen (within reason) and making the conscious decision to put our cars in an enclosed compound with wild animals. I'm sure Lenore and I will be up for the run to the park, but I doubt anyone can convince us there is no danger to our car, therefore it is unlikely we will participate in any part of the run which involves going into the enclosed compound section. Of course, I'm assuming it's optional. It may be that you have to drive through the animal compound to get to the visitor centre. ????

A.:D

Gismo
18th July 2006, 11:36 PM
I hear what your saying Alan. And top marks to Stoney for taking the plunge and organising a run. Good for him!:D
But you have to bear in mind, there's a difference between driving on the open road and accepting what can happen (within reason) and making the conscious decision to put our cars in an enclosed compound with wild animals. I'm sure Lenore and I will be up for the run to the park, but I doubt anyone can convince us there is no danger to our car, therefore it is unlikely we will participate in any part of the run which involves going into the enclosed compound section. Of course, I'm assuming it's optional. It may be that you have to drive through the animal compound to get to the visitor centre. ????
A.:DThe potential damage to anyone's car was fully covered in all the previous posts, including 4 from yourself ;) i'm only trying to cut down on the banter so that the organiser can sort out his run :)

Burple
19th July 2006, 12:12 AM
quote:
I hear what your saying Allan. And top marks to Stoney for taking the plunge and organising a run. Good for him!:D

Why dontcha take yer Chelsea Tractor and actually take it *OFF ROAD* for once in it's life?
(and all you other wimps in yer big 4x4s.. happy to terorise the public roads, but scared of a few wee pussy-cats? eh? eh?;);))
:p:p:p:p:p:p

sedgie
19th July 2006, 12:37 AM
Well i'm still up for going:D and if anyone not wanting to take there car in....two seats free in my car:D:cool:

Craig
19th July 2006, 12:40 AM
just up the road from me, so Jude and Me will go...

I WON'T be taking wee Knottie into the enclosures though - too many horror stories for me thanks... :eek::blackeye:;):D

AndyP & Lenore
19th July 2006, 12:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

I WON'T be taking wee Knottie into the enclosures though

:approve::approve::approve::approve::approve::appr ove:

stoney
19th July 2006, 05:48 AM
ok for all of u that are coming 2 the park this is what u get for ur entrance fee

Your ticket will admit you to the following attractions:

Wild Animal Reserves
Pet's Farm
Performing Sea Lion Shows
Giant Astraglide
Boat Safari to Chimpanzee Island (so no chimps neer ur car :D:p)
Adventure Playground
Picnic and Barbecue Area
'Flying Fox'
Five-seater Pedal Boats
Coach Parties

Sheilz
19th July 2006, 07:42 AM
Can you add specy to the list? Have been to Blair Drummond loads of times and have never had a problem driving through the enclosure - not a paw print in sight!

stoney
19th July 2006, 08:32 PM
thats u added ;)

Neil and Lorna
19th July 2006, 10:01 PM
Hi Rob
Can you put our names down as maybe's.
Were on holiday that week but we might be at home for couple of days that weekend. I will confirm nearer the time.

Cheers Neil and Lorna.:D:D

stoney
19th July 2006, 11:59 PM
thats u added ;)

Scottie
20th July 2006, 12:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by craigd

just up the road from me, so Jude and Me will go...

I WON'T be taking wee Knottie into the enclosures though - too many horror stories for me thanks... :eek::blackeye:;):D
i am just down the road

I could join the ones that stop at the gate would not take me car in anyway been to many times before in my younger years.

stoney
20th July 2006, 12:48 AM
for all of u peps that do not want 2 take ur car in :p:approve:

just spoke 2 the sarfari park

the verry nice lady on thephone has told me as long as u are prepard 2 pay u may enter the park and not go in to the enclosures but still do the rest of the park :D:D:D:D and i am shure peps will allow u 2 jump in the back of there car !!!!! u have 2 ask nice now !!!!:p:p;);)

illegalhunter
20th July 2006, 05:36 AM
thats anouther meet iam going to mis iam in eygpt then

Burple
20th July 2006, 06:15 PM
Alrighty, discussed it with Ellie, we were gonna go sometime during the summer... but we can wait for now.
Change us to a definite YES please! :cool::cool::D:D

Sweeney
21st July 2006, 12:00 AM
why have i got a question mark at my name rob? :eek:

Gismo
21st July 2006, 12:26 AM
why have i got a question mark at my name rob? :eek:

quote:Previously posted by Sweeney
If i go theres not a chance that i'll be driving through with my car for monkeys to jump all over it!:I

Sweeney
21st July 2006, 12:27 AM
yeah but doesn't mean im not going :p just won't be taking it through the reserves :D

Gismo
21st July 2006, 12:30 AM
yeah but doesn't mean im not going :p just won't be taking it through the reserves :DBut, but, but, you clearly stated.... If I go :I;):p

Sweeney
21st July 2006, 12:34 AM
ah correct, indeed i did say that... Just making sure you are paying attention :sleepy: soooo :I:clown:

as i was saying, i'll be going rob ;)

stoney
21st July 2006, 01:11 AM
ok will change now :)

ok peps i will be doing my fist run of my route 2night will let u know how i get on :D:D

stoney
21st July 2006, 07:55 AM
ok thats the fist part of the run done looking good will do next part weekend /next week looking forward 2 this :)

N12 JLK
30th July 2006, 06:28 AM
Just want to know first if the monkeys will be valeting the cars on the day:question:

sedgie
30th July 2006, 06:29 AM
no monkeys aboot...my m8's wi kids go there twice a year n nowt go near cars..hence why i will take mine in!:D:D

Sweeney
30th July 2006, 06:29 AM
no more monkeys there, plus some of us (including me) might not be going through the reserves in our cars.

Gismo
30th July 2006, 06:44 AM
The monkeys are safely camped on a secluded island that requires a wee boat trip to get to ;)
Last time i was there the monkeys were actually throwing thigs at the boat in an attempt to get us to throw food at them :D

AndyP & Lenore
30th July 2006, 06:45 AM

The monkeys are safely camped on a secluded island that requires a wee boat trip to get to ;)
Last time i was there the monkeys were actually throwing thigs at the boat in an attempt to get us to throw food at them :D

Whats a thig? And does it hurt when it hits you?

Had to beat Sweeney, you understand.;)

Gismo
30th July 2006, 08:05 AM
Had to beat Sweeney, you understand.;)It's a something that monkeys throw at you, but only at blair drummond :I:approve:

X30YES
30th July 2006, 08:12 AM

no more monkeys there, plus some of us (including me) might not be going through the reserves in our cars.
For fear of not getting back out again :question::D:D

sedgie
30th July 2006, 08:29 AM
lolol....hence why i going in....i hope they keep hubby in!:I:evil::p:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th July 2006, 09:10 AM

Had to beat Sweeney, you understand.;)It's a something that monkeys throw at you, but only at blair drummond :I:approve:

:approve:

Sweeney
30th July 2006, 03:52 PM
OI only just read this andy/lenore! i wouldn't have replied to bonnies statement anyhoo :p

Yes angus, might cage me back up, hard enough escaping first time round but now they know exactly what i look like :(

X30YES
30th July 2006, 04:35 PM
Seems they like Blue cars more than others ,not that I want to put any "Blue car" owners off or anything like that
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/473046835Pwnjik_ph.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/337698446CxBniZ_ph.jpg

stoney
30th July 2006, 05:49 PM
thats ok will just take a nice big air horn with me that would soon make them dissaper hee hee !!!!:D:D;):p

any way u lot it not monkeys it is chips :D:D:D

stoney
30th July 2006, 05:52 PM
http://www.levelord.com/images/2002/june/Chimps-E32002_small.jpg

stoney
30th July 2006, 05:56 PM
http://www.quantum-conservation.org/EEP/chimps.gif

stoney
30th July 2006, 05:58 PM
http://steveanita.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/chimps.jpg

Burple
7th August 2006, 06:48 PM
We better watch out for this lil' bugger then! ;):D:D:D:D:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/Cyclometh/dynamitemonkey.jpg

:D:D:D

SAZ_8929
8th August 2006, 03:14 AM
right so what time every body meeting at the park, will there be any convoys from glasgow,cumbernauld ?

Gismo
8th August 2006, 03:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by SAZ_8929
right so what time every body meeting at the parkHmm, not sure if there's a wee run before the excursion through the park or if we all meet at the park

Sweeney
8th August 2006, 04:25 AM
Sarah, most likely a few of us will be meeting at hamilton services it seems to be the normal gathering spot for angus and rob etc now.

stoney
8th August 2006, 04:31 AM
ok was thinking meeting at stirling sevs going 2 the park and a small run after in the afternoon the run will be around 3-4 hours long as the visit to the park will take aprox 2-3 hours

sedgie
8th August 2006, 06:47 AM
just get the wee run sorted oot!:p;)

N12 JLK
8th August 2006, 06:48 AM
This would have been great but September is out the window for me as Im away from home every week and I leave for Orkney on the 3rd of september for the week:(

PACMAN
8th August 2006, 06:53 AM
:disapprove: i'll be in Kazakhstan

ianking
8th August 2006, 08:04 PM
hi

Can you put myself and Sarah down for this run please. will bring my car incase the cheeky monkeys try to peel back Sarahs canvas roof:D.

Burple
8th August 2006, 08:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianking

hi

Can you put myself and Sarah down for this run please. will bring my car incase the cheeky monkeys try to peel back Sarahs canvas roof:D.

lol.. you could end up going home with a few extra 'passengers'...

Mind you, you might just think it was some of this lot! :D:D:D:D:D:p:p

ianking
8th August 2006, 08:22 PM
Yes I was thinking it would be one of the NMS members. :D:D
Mind you some of the Safari animals might try to peel back the roof as well.:p

stoney
8th August 2006, 10:11 PM
done thats u added only 1 place left now

AndyP & Lenore
8th August 2006, 10:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by stone
done thats u added only 1 place left now

Stoney, you maybe want to edit that wee typo above.:eek::D:D

Edit: To remove the edit :I

john
10th August 2006, 07:24 PM
Nenah and I'll take the last place on the run if it's still free :)

stoney
10th August 2006, 09:39 PM
thats u got the last place will start a reseve list stoney

my wee boy
13th August 2006, 08:34 PM
morning peeps...can you put norma & me down for the safari park run...know we will be on the reserve list....will need to start looking at the site a bit more to see whats happening....cheers! andy.............my wee boy

stoney
23rd August 2006, 05:26 AM
ok since there is only 1 reseve i am going 2 let u on the run please let me know if u are going 2 come thanx stoney :)

and u as well angus if u want 2 bring ur car !!!:)

Craig
23rd August 2006, 05:35 AM
Rob,

sorry, I'm going to have to pull out mate. Got word today that I'm most likely going to have to work that weekend, so just take me off the list. :disapprove:

If it turns out that I'm not working and you have space on the day, I'll be there :approve:

stoney
23rd August 2006, 05:37 AM
thats fine mate hope 2 see u if not no prob

Sweeney
25th August 2006, 03:08 AM
Might have to work, seeing if i can be let off ;) will let you know as soon as i know.

Neil and Lorna
25th August 2006, 05:32 AM
Hi Rob.

Plans for next week are now in place and we will not be home on that Sunday so can you take our names of the list.

See you on the Borders Run at the weekend.

Neil and Lorna.:D:D

stoney
25th August 2006, 06:03 AM
ok no prob see u sunday :)

gill
26th August 2006, 02:54 AM
Rob,

We've been invited to a house-warming the night before, so take our names off the list please!

If we can be sober enough to drive and meet you at the Park on the day, we will! :D

Sorry bout that!

stoney
26th August 2006, 03:24 AM
no prob will be at the park for about 2 hours i think out about 12ish

stoney
26th August 2006, 06:18 AM
run notes on fist page for all 2 download :)

sedgie
26th August 2006, 06:36 AM
wayhey stoney eh ken these roads....lol could huv stopped @meh hoose fir a cup o tea....hehehe

gill
26th August 2006, 07:00 AM

run notes on fist page for all 2 download :)

Now if only I'd known there was to be groping in Alva I may not have gone out to party the night before :eek::eek::eek:!!!!!!! ;)

sedgie
26th August 2006, 07:03 AM
lololol

stoney
26th August 2006, 07:09 AM
whoops :p

Scottie
29th August 2006, 07:29 AM
Stone,

got my weekends mixed up. can't make this as I've got a retirement dinner to go to on the Friday night. Then off to Menzies on Saturday;) and return home the same day sorry.

Fiona.

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2006, 10:30 PM
Rob, I'm really sorry for the late notice, but.... Lenore and I are probably going to have to work on Sunday now:I:I

I wish you the best of luck with the run on Sunday, I really hope it goes well for you mate.

Have fun all.

stoney
30th August 2006, 03:23 AM
ok thats no prob sorry u all carnt make it and thanx for all the help u have givin along the way :)

Sweeney
30th August 2006, 09:28 PM
as it stands im having to work sunday rob so sorry to say, won't be able to make it! I know i'll be missed but im sure you'll manage without me ;)

sedgie
31st August 2006, 12:53 AM
Yer missin a guid wee run sweeney:p

Sweeney
31st August 2006, 02:12 AM
i know :(, theres a little hope i may be able to make it as the guy who im covering for is going to knockhill with his kid and if the weathers pi$h hes not going to bother. Unlikely though as it's me im talking about here and nothing ever goes my way :p

my wee boy
31st August 2006, 02:51 AM
just logged on to see that we have been bumped up to the run....grrrrrreat. stirling services 0930 sunday morning....bit of a long lie then!!
see you sunday....andy & norma

stoney
31st August 2006, 03:41 PM
thats a shame sweeneny but no prop and will see u on sunday andy :)(my wee boy)

SarahMunro
31st August 2006, 10:24 PM
Hi Rob,

Ian and I are having to send our apologies, as a family event has cropped up on Sunday and we are unable to get out of it :mad:. Very sorry!! :(

Hope you have a nice day and remember to take lots of pictures!!

Sarah :)

Sweeney
1st September 2006, 02:17 AM
Good news! i'm now able to make this run all is not lost after all :p

See you sunday :D

sedgie
1st September 2006, 03:04 AM
:D....I'll do a wee mystery tour for you sweeney;):p:D

Sweeney
1st September 2006, 03:29 AM
Im quite capable of doing my own thank you very much ;)

Wonder if we'll be "put to the front of the class" like a couple o' eejits so we don't get lost :p

sedgie
1st September 2006, 04:17 AM
<coughs>....i'm put at the back!:dead:

X30YES
1st September 2006, 04:35 AM

Good news! i'm now able to make this run all is not lost after all :p

See you sunday :D
That's good I might go now :p

Sweeney
1st September 2006, 04:39 AM
:I

sedgie
1st September 2006, 04:48 AM
lolol sweeney u'll be back o class like me...if we get lost....we lost!:p

stoney
1st September 2006, 04:48 AM
good news sweeney bad news sarah :( no matter so is that a yes for u then angus ??? and yes sweeney u are behind me if u can keep up :)

sedgie
1st September 2006, 04:49 AM
i take it i'm @the back lolol:p

stoney
1st September 2006, 04:49 AM
a few changes have been made 2 the run will have run notes for all on the day :)

sedgie
1st September 2006, 04:50 AM
;);):approve:

Sweeney
1st September 2006, 04:53 AM
We're all doomed!

sedgie
1st September 2006, 04:54 AM
:disapprove::disapprove::p:p:D

stoney
1st September 2006, 05:05 AM
yep as sedgie will be takeing the lead for a while :)

sedgie
1st September 2006, 05:09 AM
Then the "FUN" begins;);):D...can i get in half price as i have "special needs"!?

stoney
1st September 2006, 10:12 PM
for all of u that need the updated run nots please email me @ s700ony@blueyonder.co.uk thanx stoney have got copies made for every one any way :)

stoney
3rd September 2006, 12:35 AM
only 1 sleep left :D:D:D

sedgie
3rd September 2006, 01:11 AM
Hope you got run notes for me....<no ink in printer>:dead:

stoney
3rd September 2006, 01:17 AM
yep note for everyone :p

PACMAN
3rd September 2006, 06:05 AM
Good luck with the run :D

wish i was going and not stuck in Kazakhstan :disapprove:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2006, 06:22 AM
Have fun tomorrow guys.:D Sorry we can't make it.:(

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2006, 09:04 PM
Chuffing sods law! Meeting finished earlier than we thought it would.:mad:

Now we're all dressed up for a MINI run and no chance of getting there in time to join in.:(

Stuff it.... off to the competition to watch a movie.:approve:

sedgie
4th September 2006, 03:19 AM
Thank you fir a guid day oot Rob & Christine....will post some o the 100 pics that Gordon took laters;):D

stoney
4th September 2006, 03:35 AM
well thanx 2 all that did come had a brill day and there will be a blair drumand run(meet) the 2nd:) next year !!

Gismo
4th September 2006, 04:02 AM
Nice one stone and christine, very enjoyable, am well knacked now 8) 12 hours on the go, will post some piccies tomorrow :cool:
Well done on your first run :approve:
Brill response from the classics as we went past, much waving and flashing :I;):p

Sweeney
4th September 2006, 04:11 AM
Good day out, fantastic road selection by lesley :eek:

Glad i made this run! Those who couldn't; have missed a good one :p

stoney
4th September 2006, 04:48 AM
some pics :D

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/e0c483fa.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/cae3ed6c.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/04f35f00.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/eedd4720.jpg

my wee boy
4th September 2006, 05:06 AM
thanx for a brill day...blair drummond was fab...good seeing the lions having"lunch"!! a meet there with a barbie would be a good idea....put us down for that! andy & norma

Gismo
4th September 2006, 05:52 AM
A picture or two:-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Blair%20Drummond%202006/Hippo.jpg

Non Mini :eek::p
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Blair%20Drummond%202006/Evo.jpg

Hungry Lions :eek:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Blair%20Drummond%202006/Lions.jpg

Good to see these two obeyed the warning sign :p
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Blair%20Drummond%202006/Warning.jpg

Just out of shot is a lion approaching :D
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Blair%20Drummond%202006/OutOfWindow.jpg

Lastly, not one car suffered any scratches
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b71/Bonnie_Scotland/Blair%20Drummond%202006/Convoy.jpg

sedgie
4th September 2006, 06:23 AM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/sedgie100/IMG_0856.jpg
lets see if this works

Gismo
4th September 2006, 06:25 AM
Sedgie, you need to resize the pictures to fit the screen :p
Save them as 800 pixels wide ;)

sedgie
4th September 2006, 06:27 AM
oops ok...will dae that the morra....jist puttin them on photobucket the noo:clown:;)

sedgie
4th September 2006, 06:42 AM
ok one last try the nicht:I
does my bum look big in this!?
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/sedgie100/IMG_0781.jpg

sedgie
4th September 2006, 06:44 AM
och meh piles hurt:I
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/sedgie100/IMG_0844.jpg

Sheilz
4th September 2006, 07:52 AM
Nik, Catriona and me give this a big thumbs up. It was a brill day. Five mins after you all left Crail Catriona decided that she would do the last twenty miles after all. Typical! We ended up taking the scenic route back - via Lunan Beach. A perfect finish to a perfect day (Ok I wont mention the mountain of ironing that I've had to end the day with). The thing that marks this out as quite an extraordinary mini-run for us was getting home with all four wheels still firmly attached to the car.[;):D:D:D Can you put us down for next year?:D:D:D

Craig
4th September 2006, 03:26 PM
Looks like you all had a great day out - well done rob. :approve::approve:

work was not too bad...:disapprove: maybe next year.. :D

X30YES
4th September 2006, 04:00 PM
What a great day out and a BIG thankx to Rob and Christine for organising a superb day out...also Leslie and Gordon for some superb twisties in the East of Fife area.
It was one of those days that you had to be there to enjoy to the fullest, if you missed it .... :approve:.Next years Safari 2 & BBQ will be a belter ;)....bring on the summer :p:D

X30YES
4th September 2006, 04:08 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/DSCF0048MediumSmall.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/DSCF0051Small.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/DSCF0072Small.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/DSCF0073MediumSmall.jpg

AndyP & Lenore
4th September 2006, 07:33 PM
Looks like you guys had a blast:D. Sorry we couldn't make it. :( Maybe next year.:approve:

Neil and Lorna
4th September 2006, 08:40 PM
Looks like you all had a good day.:D:D

I just hope that some of you that are on the Secret Bunker run don't mind doing some of the same roads again.

Of all the places you could of gone to from Blairdrummond you end up in the East Neuk of fife.:eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Neil.:D:D:D

gill
4th September 2006, 08:47 PM
:D:D:D Looks like fun - sorry we couldn't make it this time!

Will try to tell all the neighbours not to move house next year!;)

Nice pics!!!:cool:

PACMAN
4th September 2006, 09:13 PM
Anymore Foto ?:D

X30YES
4th September 2006, 10:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by PACMAN

Anymore Foto ?:D
see rogues gallery

Burple
4th September 2006, 11:09 PM
Cheers to Rob and Christine! (and Sedgie and Hubby for leading for a bit!) Another ace day out, some regulars, couple of new faces :cool:
'Specially good to see Julz 'n' Rob 'n' Craig! He's a right wee smasher!! Where's he get the good looks from? :D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p

Some great roads (when we found them :I:D), and not a scratch on any of the cars :cool:. Those Lions *DID* look pretty hungry tho, and I'm sure that one of them was crunching on something that had a face!! :eek:
I'm pretty glad the guys that work there 'just happened to park' their 4x4 betweet us and the two rhinos!! :eek:.

When a Bull Bison/ Buffalo wants to walk across the road in front of your mini, you let him!!!! :D:D

As soon as you can be bothered thinking about it for next year Rob, get us down at the top of the list for the next Safari (so Goody! (anyone?))Adventure!! :cool::cool::cool:

Even more weird, I get into work this morning, and my colleague Norma, who I share an office with tells me they were at the Safari Park all day too!! Except they got there about half 12...
THey never saw any Minis tho :( so we must have been on the way out.

Got a load of pics, I'll try to get them up when I get home tonight :cool:

stoney
5th September 2006, 01:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil and Lorna

Looks like you all had a good day.:D:D

I just hope that some of you that are on the Secret Bunker run don't mind doing some of the same roads again.

Of all the places you could of gone to from Blairdrummond you end up in the East Neuk of fife.:eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Neil.:D:D:D

i know i just picked roads at ramdom as well no mater i will have forgot them by the tine the end of oct comes :D:D

stoney
5th September 2006, 01:23 AM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/cae3ed6c.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/eedd4720.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/5e51f690.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/11c99f50.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/66837124.jpg

stoney
5th September 2006, 01:36 AM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/b5ad8dd9.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/317909c0.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/5bf00966.jpg

sedgie
5th September 2006, 01:43 AM
Get oot ma way
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/sedgie100/IMG_0806.jpg

awww it's baby Wallace the Giraffe birthday
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/sedgie100/IMG_0835.jpg

Go on rub ma bellyhttp://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/sedgie100/IMG_0853.jpg

sedgie
5th September 2006, 01:54 AM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/sedgie100/IMG_0873.jpg

stoney
5th September 2006, 02:05 AM
booms away !!!!!!!!!
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g251/s700ony/100_1949.jpg
lucky for sweeney it just missed him what a splat it made !!!

Sweeney
5th September 2006, 02:35 AM
Recoiled onto LNL's i believe lol

Burple
5th September 2006, 05:37 PM

Recoiled onto LNL's i believe lol

:dead::dead::blackeye::blackeye: Found some at the top of the passenger front window when we got back!! :eek::eek::dead::dead::dead:

:D:D That seagull in Cupar made more mess than all the animals at the Safari Park! :D:D:D

X30YES
5th September 2006, 06:15 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/ab2pcs/DSCF0062.jpg

Julz
5th September 2006, 06:26 PM
Holy crap, lions!!:p:D

Cheers to Stone for organising this!! Sorry we had to bail early but the wee man was needing fed and Craig was getting a bit hungry too!!;):D

Good to see some old faces (and some young ones too!!), sorry we didn't get much of a chance to speak to the folk we haven't met before!:( Craig certainly enjoyed himself, especially the gift shop (spoilt little sod!) and is now sleeping cuddling his toy snake , I think the ghost of Steve Irwin is in my son!!:eek::)

We'll be up for Safari 2, you never know, I might have sold Rob's remaining kidney and bought another mini by then!!:evil:

Burple
6th September 2006, 01:09 AM
As promised, some more pics from the 'Holy Crap! Lions!' tour :D:cool:

Glad the 4x4 was kinda in the way of these guys..
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/8083/dscf0019azl1.jpg

Angus was too busy snapping away to notice the Lions' snack was actually his legs!
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/4003/dscf0024aiz0.jpg

Big Handsome Kitty!
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9130/dscf0030aju9.jpg

Num Num!!!:D
http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/9486/dscf0031amm9.jpg

You can almost hear BS thinking about the venision! ;)
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/2461/dscf0041adt4.jpg

Julz, the wee man, and ickle Craig:p:D
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/9131/dscf0043afj1.jpg

You don't often see THAT in your mirrors! If he wants to cross... let him!!
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/4568/dscf0046ayr7.jpg

Happy Birfday ickle Mr Giraffe!
http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/607/dscf0063aqy1.jpg

How the *** did Big Col Manage to sneak in there?? :p:D
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3873/dscf0067acs8.jpg

:D:cool:

stoney
6th September 2006, 04:02 AM
good pics well glad all that came had a good day i did

thanx again 2 all that came :)

there will be a sarfri 2 it will be a meet and BBQ :)

just need 2 plan around school hols now !!!!

jayex
6th September 2006, 04:16 AM

good pics well glad all that came had a good day i did

thanx again 2 all that came :)

there will be a sarfri 2 it will be a meet and BBQ :)

just need 2 plan around school hols now !!!!

Looks like a great day oot :D:cool: - me was workin :dead: still there's always the sarfri 2 :D:p

Duncan Stewart
13th September 2006, 04:22 AM
Looks like you had a great day :D Sorry I missed it but I was away on my holidays. Excellent photos. Will be there next year - Helen wants to see the animals :cool: