PDA

View Full Version : tyre wearing

Hadi
15th July 2006, 04:52 AM
My nearside front tyre is worn on the outside edge to the wear indicators, the rest of the tyre is fine with loads of tread, is this legal ?

Sweeney
15th July 2006, 04:54 AM
erm not sure on that one :dead:, although i could take a guess and say that if part of the tyre is worn to the limit it will have an effect on braking and general driving in the wet. 8)

I would get it checked though as it shouldn't wear like that at all. If it was both side or just the middle then it would've been incorrect tyre pressures :D

Mon the fish
16th July 2006, 11:52 PM
Or could be tracking related...

minimadtez
18th July 2006, 10:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hadi

My nearside front tyre is worn on the outside edge to the wear indicators, the rest of the tyre is fine with loads of tread, is this legal ?

No!

My tyres do the opposite, the back tyres wear on the inside and not the outside......really annoying. Ive had the allignment etc all checked and was told it was all fine.

stoney
18th July 2006, 11:10 PM

as marcoo77 siaid no thay have be at least 1.6mm all the way across the tred 2 be legal :eek: hope this helps

Hadi
19th July 2006, 01:05 AM
Read somewhere a tyre must have 1.6mm across 75% of the tyre to be legal

Craig
19th July 2006, 01:13 AM

Read somewhere a tyre must have 1.6mm across 75% of the tyre to be legal

your correct :approve: but it refers to the centre 75%

stoney
19th July 2006, 01:14 AM
well u have been going round round abouts 2 fast then :evil:
:p:p:p:p:p