PDA

View Full Version : After Festive Run & Before The After Run Night Out

Gismo
27th November 2003, 02:41 AM
Did you get that ;) well, i need to know numbers for people who would be interested in a quiet social evening after the festive run in Edinburgh so that we can entertain our guests from America, namely Dana and Brian.
Already staying in Edinburgh are myslef and me julie, julz and rob, seany and una.
I'm thinking along the lines of a nice quiet meal somewhere (Gordy help me out here :evil:)

1) Bonnie Scotland + Me Julie
2) Julz + Rob
3) Seany + Una ???????
4)
5)
6)

Willie M
27th November 2003, 04:49 PM
Doh!! :eek: Now these thread topics are getting way to complicated :blackeye: I'm afraid Linda & I won't be able to do the Monday night Alan.

Big Gordy
27th November 2003, 05:19 PM
Sorry Al :I No point in asking me :clown: I stay in Falkirk so can't really help you with eating joints in Edinburgh (apart from McDonalds:D)

Gismo
27th November 2003, 06:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Doh!! :eek: Now these thread topics are getting way to complicated :blackeye: I'm afraid Linda & I won't be able to do the Monday night Alan.These early mornings must be doing yer heid in man :evil: There is nowt scheduled for the monday night, this one is for the sunday night :)

Sorry Gordy, anyone more local know of any good eateries as Big Gordy cannot be bothered to drive all the way through from Falkirk to arrange a wee meal :blackeye: :D

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
27th November 2003, 06:17 PM
Ohhhhh :dead: that hurt BS :(

Gismo
27th November 2003, 06:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

Ohhhhh :dead: that hurt BS :(Oops, did i say something wrong :I guess it's gonna have to be Maccy D's or a KFC or something then :p

Bonnie Scotland

Monsta Mo Mini
27th November 2003, 07:02 PM
How long is a peice of string? There are more eateries in Edinburgh than you can shake a stick at ! Can I assume you're after something reasonably cheap, no too stuffy (posh) and caters for lettuce eaters?

City centre will be best as the visitors are staying at the opposite side of town from you lot. There's the Grain Store in Victoria Street; The Doric Tavern Bistro in Market Street; Viva Mexico in Cockburn St; Howies in Victoria St and the Smokestack in Broughton Street. These are few of my favourites. You've also got the Hard Rock Cafe in George Street. If you fancy something really different then try Yo Sushi' s Yo Below in Rose Street - it's an experience and a half and you don't have to eat raw fish plus there's a beer tap in the middle of your table...which is good enogh for me!

Big Gordy
27th November 2003, 07:08 PM
Right I've booked the Balmoral Hotel for 60 people in Bonnie Scotlands name :clown: There looking for a £100 deposite so I gave them you address BS I hope thats OK :clown: :p:D:approve:

Before I get a flood of emails - I'm only JOKING :clown:

Gismo
27th November 2003, 07:36 PM

Right I've booked the Balmoral Hotel for 60 people in Bonnie Scotlands name :clown: There looking for a £100 deposite so I gave them you address BS I hope thats OK :clown: :p:D:approve:
Before I get a flood of emails - I'm only JOKING :clown:
Cough, splutter, wheeze, i just paid them :evil:;)

Bonnie Scotland

Big Gordy
27th November 2003, 07:45 PM
That'll teach ya :p Any update on Sunday availability yet Al :question: If my son has to move accommodation this weekend I too might be unavailable for Sunday's recce :eek: but I will know for sure tomorrow :D

Gismo
27th November 2003, 07:56 PM

That'll teach ya :p Any update on Sunday availability yet Al :question: If my son has to move accommodation this weekend I too might be unavailable for Sunday's recce :eek: but I will know for sure tomorrow :D
I've sent you an e-mail, i can manage this week, i'll be leaving at 9am, i need your address again and a contact number :)

Bonnie Scotland relieved

Gismo
27th November 2003, 07:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

How long is a peice of string? There are more eateries in Edinburgh than you can shake a stick at ! Can I assume you're after something reasonably cheap, no too stuffy (posh) and caters for lettuce eaters?

City centre will be best as the visitors are staying at the opposite side of town from you lot. There's the Grain Store in Victoria Street; The Doric Tavern Bistro in Market Street; Viva Mexico in Cockburn St; Howies in Victoria St and the Smokestack in Broughton Street. These are few of my favourites. You've also got the Hard Rock Cafe in George Street. If you fancy something really different then try Yo Sushi' s Yo Below in Rose Street - it's an experience and a half and you don't have to eat raw fish plus there's a beer tap in the middle of your table...which is good enogh for me!
Is that it :evil: excellent, i'll contact Dana and ask her to see this post and she can decide her favourite food type.

Bonnie Scotland

Willie M
27th November 2003, 08:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Doh!! :eek: Now these thread topics are getting way to complicated :blackeye: I'm afraid Linda & I won't be able to do the Monday night Alan.These early mornings must be doing yer heid in man :evil: There is nowt scheduled for the monday night, this one is for the sunday night :)
Doh!! (again) :eek: I told you these thread topics are getting way to complicated :I Afraid Sunday night's out for us anyway :(

travelingmcmahans
6th December 2003, 12:52 PM
Anybody ever eaten at Bann UK? It's supposed to be a veg place that you can take meateaters to. http://www.davidbann.co.uk/ Looks like my kind of place :)
We also liked The Last Drop last time we were in Edinburgh.

But yikes - the pound is soooooooooooo high against the dollar! $1.73 to buy 1L. Last time we were there it was only $1.45.

Monsta Mo Mini
6th December 2003, 07:08 PM
Bann's is very good and in a good location too!

GAJ
7th December 2003, 12:39 AM
I'm going next Wednesday!

seany
7th December 2003, 01:36 AM
yes count us in

travelingmcmahans
12th December 2003, 08:28 AM
Then is it Banns?
I'll get a UK cell phone before we leave for the trip. I'll post the number so someone can call me when the Festive Run is done, and you're ready for dinner :)

Gismo
16th December 2003, 09:37 PM
2) Julz + Rob
3) Seany + Una
4) Dana + Brian
5)
6)

Thats it so far, i'm still uncertain due to work commitments, we really need to get this booked, is anyone else interested in eating out on the Sunday night after the festive run :question:

Bonnie Scotland

seany
16th December 2003, 11:15 PM

2) Julz + Rob
3) Seany + Una
4) Dana + Brian
5)
6)

Thats it so far, i'm still uncertain due to work commitments, we really need to get this booked, is anyone else interested in eating out on the Sunday night after the festive run :question:

Bonnie Scotland

Gismo
24th December 2003, 01:25 AM
Ok, have booked here (http://www.davidbann.co.uk/) for 10 people for 7.30pm on Sunday night, so, 2 places available

Anyone care to join us?????

2) Julz + Rob
3) Seany + Una
4) Dana + Brian
5)

Julz
24th December 2003, 06:40 AM
WHERE'S THE STEAK???????:eek::eek:

travelingmcmahans
24th December 2003, 11:55 AM
Can it get any better than this? I'm in Scotland, I'm with MINI people and I'm at a veg restaurant. :D
Shall we meet you all there or will someone be motoring over to Millfield Guest House to pick us up? Course you may have to come knock on the door to wake us up. 7:30 will be only 2:30 pm our time, however, it will be after a 5 hour train ride following a tube ride across London after the Gatwick Express from the airport after an 8 hour flight which comes after a 3 hour wait at the airport that we drive 3 hours to, after not sleeping the night before because I'm so excited:I I can't count how many hours that is. I just hope I can sleep on the plane. I've never been able to in the past, but this time I have some industrial strength prescription medication.;)

Gismo
24th December 2003, 07:29 PM
Dana, it would be a great help if you just met us there, Banns, Tel No:- 0131 556 5888, 56 – 58 St Mary’s Street, EH1 1SX, Just off the royal mile. If you could organise with your lodgings to arrange for a taxi to pick you up and get you to Banns for just before 7.30pm we'll see you in there.
Cause we all like a wee drink ;) we'll be using taxi's also :) It's not very easy to drive with a kily on either :p

Oh, try not to use lame excuses about being tired :evil: and any yawning will be considered offensive :p:D
Hope your journey is ok and look forward to seeing you and Brian :cool:

Bonnie Scotland

seany
24th December 2003, 07:32 PM
looking forwards to seeing you as well

travelingmcmahans
24th December 2003, 10:26 PM
That will be fine, because as soon as we check in to our guesthouse, we will probably go right into the city center to walk around. We can see some sights (and get refreshed by walking around in the cold) until time to meet you.
I'll try to keep the yawning to a minimim, but I can't be responsible for my words or actions when I add alcohol to jet lag and exhaustion! :) My husband l o v e s the beer (or ale -don't know the peoper term) in Scotland. I don't actually like beer (gasp!) but I have learned that Scots bartenders are very generous with the level of wine in the glass!

PS. We take the bus - taxis are for fancy travelers ;)

Gismo
25th December 2003, 04:18 AM
Hmm, just on the news, France have cancelled all flights to the USA, hope this won't have any effect on your flights over Dana :(

Fingers crossed and good luck

Bonnie Scotland

Gismo
25th December 2003, 04:48 AM
Ok, restaurant fully booked as follows:-

2) Julz + Rob
3) Seany + Una
4) Dana + Brian
5) Sh@z + Waka

travelingmcmahans
26th December 2003, 06:58 AM

Hmm, just on the news, France have cancelled all flights to the USA, hope this won't have any effect on your flights over Dana :(

Fingers crossed and good luck

Bonnie Scotland

So far we are OK. Keep your fingers crossed. If you should be so inclined, you can check our flight on delta.com. It is flight 36, leaving Saturday the 27th from CVG to LGW. We leave at 6:50 pm which would be almost midnight your time.
Hopefully the trains to Edinburgh have seats open - we didn't reserve one.