PDA

View Full Version : Bought so much products I am confused..

Marysmin1
12th July 2006, 10:31 PM
After a particularly toxic bird poo incident I have decided I need to take better care of my mini( to my shame ) and have spent a fortune on products but have now got confused about which to use first etc...

I have bought

NXT shampoo
NXT tech wax
3 step deep crystal system Meguiars
Scratch x
Clay and quick detailing spray
Hot rims cleaner
Tyre endurance gel
Trim detailer
Plastx
Leather cleaner and conditioner
meguiars lambs wool mitt
meguiars paint cleaner
lots of microfibre cloths and appl pads
glass cleaner

Am I missing anything and can some kind person (Wul!) please enlighten me as to the stages after washing (2 bucket method) its mainly the wax/polish bit I feel a bit confused at.

Can I also add that I am getting my car machine polished at the weekend to try to remove the bird poo etching and have got myself a bit nervous about the whole thing. I am hoping it turns out ok is there anything I should be doing in preparation for the machine polishing?

Any advice Much appreciated :I

X30YES
13th July 2006, 12:26 AM
Not my scope or field Mary ,but do know the polish and wax goes on the wee pads :approve: and rubbed off with the micro cloth :p:D

Wul
13th July 2006, 12:43 AM
In order:

1 -NXT shampoo
5 -NXT tech wax
3 - Stage 1 Only - 3 step deep crystal system Meguiars - Stage 2 is similar to NXT Tech Wax
6- DC Stage 3 - Wax Top coat
4 - Only where visible scratches present - Scratch x
2- Clay and quick detailing spray
1A- Hot rims cleaner
7A- Tyre endurance gel
7B- Trim detailer
7C- Plastx
8- Leather cleaner and conditioner
1B- meguiars lambs wool mitt
suprlus - meguiars paint cleaner - same as deep crystal stage 1 basically
lots of microfibre cloths and appl pads
9- glass cleaner

You have doubled up on some products like DC2 and NXT Tech Wax; also DC1 and Paint cleaner.

You can also save the quick detailer for the clay and use a double strength mix of was fluid in a squirty bottle.

Hope this helps 8)

Neil and Lorna
13th July 2006, 01:12 AM
Just dont forget to give the car a wee hoover out when your done.:D:D

Neil.:D:D:D

Marysmin1
13th July 2006, 07:35 AM
Thanks for all the great advice. I had a feeling that I had doubled up on the products. It has opened my eyes to cleaning cars! Oh and yes I do know the wee pads are for applying the wax/polish! I got a pack of microfibre cloths to take it off with!!

Wul can I also ask: Is it worthwhile buying the Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection (would I just be doubling up again?). I have heard that the NXT wax doesnt last long and was wondering if this would make the shine last longer? or could I use the DC step 2 (1 coat) followed by a coat of NXT Tech wax sometimes so that the DC 2 is not going to waste? - basically putting on a coat of each maybe a day apart?

Thanks again, feel more confident about what I am doing now and feel quite chuffed with myself that I have bought more or less the right stuff!! Mary :)

X30YES
13th July 2006, 02:58 PM
:p:approve:

Wul
13th July 2006, 06:09 PM
Well......you could buy AGEGP - but you can just stick with the DC Stage 3 Carnuba wax - will not last quite so long as EGP but is a sinch to use and can be layered for extra protection - you should only need to do the full works 2/3 time a year and just top up the Stage 3 once a month for a top finish - washing every week then buffing up with the quick detailer the other 3 weeks of the month!! :cool:

Marysmin1
14th July 2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks again for replying Wul, great advice!! More to this detailing than meets the eye!

X30YES
14th July 2006, 11:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Marysmin1

Thanks again for replying Wul, great advice!! More to this detailing than meets the eye!
Tell me about it , its murder :eek:;):D