PDA

View Full Version : Avator - Smilies - Handles

Scottie
11th July 2006, 06:40 PM
Administrators:

Was wondering if the day will ever come where we will be able to have avators and decent smilies and be able to create our own "handles" under our user names.

Now that the MINI is getting a revamp by BMW maybe our site could do with a lick of paint to bring it more in line with MINI.http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/thumbup.gif

Come on guys you can do it. PLeasssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeee.http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/scottiecoop/think.gif

Sweeney
11th July 2006, 06:46 PM
probably require a new forum script... (i.e. lose all posts etc)

Scottie
11th July 2006, 07:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

probably require a new forum script... (i.e. lose all posts etc)

other forums I have been on have done it.:cool:

The Dogfather
11th July 2006, 11:27 PM
It would mean changing to another forum software, a very big job to undertake unless as sweeney say you lose all posts :(

AndyP & Lenore
12th July 2006, 12:33 AM
I asked for some new smilie's a few weeks ago.:D Was told we can't have any more.:(

Whether this was because we've all been naughty:mad: or because Schnittzz can't handle any more, I'm not sure:question:. I'd lean towards the latter.:clown:

A.:D

sleepyrascal
12th July 2006, 12:45 AM
So lose the posts. Its no big deal is it???

AndyP & Lenore
12th July 2006, 01:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I've become quite attached to our posts these past couple of years.:D

sleepyrascal
12th July 2006, 01:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Yes but its good to have a clear out now and again. It could be a new version of Newminscotland. Anyone who has been a member of the original site could have a wee logo or something to show their long service record... lol.

Scottie
12th July 2006, 03:06 AM

quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Yes but its good to have a clear out now and again. It could be a new version of Newminscotland. Anyone who has been a member of the original site could have a wee logo or something to show their long service record... lol.

could we not have a nice new forum with loads of bits on it with a link to the old forum.

Afterall we pay our dues surely we are allowed to express a few ideas. but you can tell me to bog off if you want I'll still be hooked no matter what.:cool:;)

Sweeney
12th July 2006, 03:09 AM
Ideally full of mini/car icons and pictures :p

Scottie
12th July 2006, 03:14 AM

Ideally full of mini/car icons and pictures :p

yeah and a wee picture of a Mini at the side of each forum title.:cool:

Sweeney
12th July 2006, 03:19 AM
infact, lets all just move back over to mini2 ;)

aye reeet :p

Scottie
12th July 2006, 03:28 AM

infact, lets all just move back over to mini2 ;)

aye reeet :p

NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo; );) don't want smilies that bad.:I:p

Sweeney
12th July 2006, 03:29 AM
the list is endless of what you could add/do trouble is finding something or someone for that matter doing it...

I for one am happy the way it is just now but any new things would be fine to me :p

The Dogfather
12th July 2006, 04:57 AM
I think a few new additions would help the site, but I don't think MMM or Gaj have the time and they are the only ones who can.

However, setting up a new forum using vBulletin (the same software as MINI2) is fairly easy, I set up a forum using it for my old job. There are costs to think about though, a vBulletin license costs ~ £90, I think.

X30YES
12th July 2006, 05:04 AM
£90 pa ?

Smitty
12th July 2006, 05:22 AM
I think a refresh would be a brilliant idea, but if Gaj n MMM dont have time maybe it's time to hand over their powers to others who do and are still very involved in the site.

Give me a couple of years to finish my studys and i'll help out!!:D

Mini Me
12th July 2006, 05:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty

I think a refresh would be a brilliant idea, but if Gaj n MMM dont have time maybe it's time to hand over their powers to others who do and are still very involved in the site.

<there both very quiet at the moment>:question::eightball::I

and i may have iccle MOD powers, but i would destroy this site quicker than you could possibly imagine :disapprove::dead::eek:

Scottie
12th July 2006, 05:54 AM
I know it is difficult and we are asking either MMM or Gaj to spend some time and money in making changes or getting the right people to make the change for us.

but surely with our contributions and our sponsors we should be able to see advancements made on the site so it should just be a case of finding the resources.

The trouble is the front page of the forum is one of the best I've seen we only really need the forum section tweaked.

it is only IMHO but come on guys do your stuff I know you can.;)

if further contributions are required to make it happen let us know.:cool:

Monsta Mo Mini
12th July 2006, 04:59 PM
I hear what you're saying....a wee reminder....;)

At the end of last year when we had the forums crashing all the time, I explored the options for upgrading to vBulletin and due to these forums originally being based around an ACCESS db in Snitz, there are no converters! I think it was also agreed that loosing all the posts was not an option for most people, it's too valuable a resource to discard. I had the forums converted to run on an MSSQL server which (touch wood) has resolved 99% of the reliability issues. :D

If the only reason you want to upgrade is so you can have different smilies and avitars then that can be done within Snitz and I'll look into that, :blackeye: there are mods available. As for a refesh, I have a few BIG ideas for the site and hope to action some of these in the next month or so;)

Big Col
12th July 2006, 05:32 PM
Oooh ya big tease! ;)

Scottie
13th July 2006, 02:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

I hear what you're saying....a wee reminder....;)

At the end of last year when we had the forums crashing all the time, I explored the options for upgrading to vBulletin and due to these forums originally being based around an ACCESS db in Snitz, there are no converters! I think it was also agreed that loosing all the posts was not an option for most people, it's too valuable a resource to discard. I had the forums converted to run on an MSSQL server which (touch wood) has resolved 99% of the reliability issues. :D

If the only reason you want to upgrade is so you can have different smilies and avitars then that can be done within Snitz and I'll look into that, :blackeye: there are mods available. As for a refesh, I have a few BIG ideas for the site and hope to action some of these in the next month or so;)

see I just knew you would have a few wee secrets up your sleeve;):cool::cool: