PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Day

Allan
10th July 2006, 10:53 PM
Hi Guys. Del on the BMWCC website is organising a detailing day sort of tutorial type thing while the rest if the club are away at Gaydon. If anyone fancies coming along for a lookie then Del says feel free.

More details will be in the post nearer the time.

http://www.bmwcarclubforum.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=31820&PN=1&get=last#292255

Sweeney
10th July 2006, 11:12 PM
depending on what ive got on i might pop out and say hello, although what's on at gaydon?

Allan
10th July 2006, 11:40 PM
Big BMW meet down south. Most of the bmw population will be there probably :D

Sweeney
10th July 2006, 11:44 PM
just had a look on the map... f**k that! :p

ianking
10th July 2006, 11:51 PM
I would be interested in this if its fairly local to the edinburgh area.

Sweeney
11th July 2006, 12:07 AM
I think its stewarton (east ayshire)

Burple
11th July 2006, 12:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

just had a look on the map... f**k that! :p

Amateur! :p:p:p

Lost count of the number of shows I've been to further south than that with the old Classics...
You *KNOW* you've driven 900 miles in a weekend when you do it in a Classic! :blackeye::blackeye::eek::D

(Didn't stop us from doing Brighton to Dundee in 8 hours once tho... :I:blackeye::p:D)

Sweeney
11th July 2006, 12:23 AM
i like long drives but once i get over 200 miles nah, fouk that :p

AndyP & Lenore
11th July 2006, 01:35 AM

i like long drives but once i get over 200 miles nah, fouk that :p

So you would never have made Oxford then.:p

Mon the fish
11th July 2006, 01:56 AM

STEWARTON!? Fck me thats where I grew up! I wonder where in Stewarton this could happen, nothing immediately springs to mind... :question:

Sweeney
11th July 2006, 02:50 AM
i'd have made it to oxford aye... whether i'd have been able to get out the car im not so sure :p

Allan
11th July 2006, 02:54 AM
Im not going to make this, I have the Blair Atholl Horse Trials with the Girlfriend. Should be a good show tho.

I work / Worked as of next week in Stewarton in Dunlop Street. Gonna be working in the city center now so the BMW can retire from the commute :D

AndyP & Lenore
11th July 2006, 03:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mon the fish

STEWARTON!? Fck me thats where I grew up!

I grew up in Irvine, not too far from Stewarton.:D

L

X30YES
11th July 2006, 04:03 AM
Ah the Bonnet Toon ...I was born in Kilwinning , lived in Beith area most of my live before moving:p

Allan
11th July 2006, 06:59 AM
Right. After a quick confirmation with le wifey. Horsetrials are the week after the detailing day... im back on again :D

What i was thinking was why not get a detailing day solely for the mini club maybe get somewhere central where Me, Wul and others can show some basic detailing stuff. Im sure Rich from polished bliss would be up for coming along and showing some of the steps and bringing along some products. Just a thought

Mon the fish
12th July 2006, 01:02 AM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

I grew up in Irvine, not too far from Stewarton.:D

L

Indeed it is not, the place of my birth. I thought this website was full of Falkirk and central area peeps, seems there's a few closet Ayrshire ones amongst us! :)

ianking
12th July 2006, 05:34 AM
good idea about the detailing day for the mini guys only. I would be up for that. Im pretty keen on cleaning the car and I would say im no to bad at it but its always good to see how other folk do it and also just to be able to chat about all the stuff with other folk who are actualy interested in it.

Burple
12th July 2006, 07:30 AM
I'm up for this, so long as it's somewhere central for all of us ;):D

Coop
13th July 2006, 11:32 PM
I would also be interested if it was somewhere central - please keep us updated!