PDA

View Full Version : Help ... please

Bazthemod
6th July 2006, 09:42 PM
Hey folks

Picked up my brand new corsa last week... been enjoying driving until yesterday! :evil:

Somewhere in Dundee they have re-newed road lines without warning and now my wheels are a spotted white design.... the paint has gone hard and i can't get it off.

Does anyone have any ideas? i have tried powerwashing :(

Managed to get it off my bodywork thankfully

some pics... wul i hope you are impressed! ;):p

http://freespace.virgin.net/colin.mcginley/images/corsa1.jpg
http://freespace.virgin.net/colin.mcginley/images/corsa2.jpg
http://freespace.virgin.net/colin.mcginley/images/corsa3.jpg

X30YES
6th July 2006, 09:47 PM
That will rub off with road use,or hand break turns :D.....camera ..4800 0r 6800 ?

Gismo
6th July 2006, 09:50 PM
Before you go too mad with my idea :p get confirmation from the cleaning experts Wul and Allan, but, a damp cloth of thinners should do the trick, but, wash the wheel regularly whilst cleaning off the spots and thoroughly once you're finished.
You may also have to apply an alloy laquer, good luck :)

Bazthemod
6th July 2006, 09:52 PM
No its a Casio Exilim 5mp :cool:

www.pma-show.com/%20casio/Exilim_EX-Z57.html

X30YES
6th July 2006, 09:57 PM
Try a wire brush when washing it or a soap pad !!!

Gismo
6th July 2006, 10:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES
Try a wire brush:eek:

X30YES
6th July 2006, 10:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by X30YES
Try a wire brush:eek:
fir the Tyres man :p

AndyP & Lenore
7th July 2006, 12:33 AM
I'd trade it in for a MINI.:D

Not very helpful, but it's the best I can come up with.:D Sorry.:I

Bazthemod
7th July 2006, 12:37 AM
lol well i was going to get a mini one but the dealer mucked me around and the corsa is much more nippy :D:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
7th July 2006, 02:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bazthemod

lol well i was going to get a mini one but the dealer mucked me around and the corsa is much more nippy :D:cool:

And will be cheaper to insure, and cheaper to buy, and cheaper to run, and so on and so on. But it's no a MINI.:(;):D

monkimagic
7th July 2006, 03:29 AM
That'll be gone after a couple of hundred miles, nothing to worry about. Just get in it a drive/enjoy it.

What happened to the classic ?

Bazthemod
7th July 2006, 05:18 PM
I still have the classic too... just needed another car that was abit more practical for taking the drunken parents out and about :D

Allan
10th July 2006, 09:54 PM
You could try thinners on a scouring pad, then use some degreaser to take the slippyness away. Ive never had paint on the tyres (touch wood) so havent encountered it. :I

Bazthemod
11th July 2006, 02:42 AM
paint seems to be disappearing ... or well atleast covered up by mud from the carpark at t in the park :cool::D:cool::I

Just seems to be splashes in the wheel arch that are left.... these are flaking off now :cool:

Thanks for all you help guys :cool:;):cool:

Smitty
12th July 2006, 05:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bazthemod

Corsa 1.2 nippier than a MINI one, u've gotta be kidding surely??:eek:

Bazthemod
12th July 2006, 11:48 PM
Noop feels just as nippy ... i learnt to drive in a cooper and i dont notice any difference in power at lower end.

Every member of my family that has had a shot has been surprised how nippy it is ;):cool::I

I was never really a fan of the new Mini always prefered the classics thats why i have a classic aswell :clown:

Smitty
13th July 2006, 12:18 AM
Well i'm going to disagree! I drove my mates 1.2 corsa and it was wickedly slow compared to the MINI.

He's now got a 1.4 and its still not got anywhere near the pull!

Maybe you got lucky and got a nicely tuned engine!!:D

Nice choice in colour though!!;)

Bazthemod
13th July 2006, 02:20 AM
Everyone has an opinion :eightball:

broken_brian
15th July 2006, 07:11 PM
It will be the lower gearing of the corsa that makes it feel nippy as my 1.2 stilo feels nippy compared to my alfa which is a quick car but 1st 2nd and 3rd gear are all quite tall ratios as it can do 40 in 1st 7o in 2nd and 100 in 3rd when the stilo only manages a pathetic 25 in first gear and it does not even like that