PDA

View Full Version : Window Wash Lid

Sweeney
5th July 2006, 04:49 AM
Just wondered if any of you have this problem.

After driving for a length of time inhaling the *wonderful* :dead: smell of halfrauds window wash fluid; i opened the bonnet to see that the lid does not stay closed... :evil: Once i hit a bump (ie. speed bump) it releases itself and when full with liquid if spills all over, seen it dripping too.

It now stays closed as i have a tie wrap round it :approve:.

AndyP & Lenore
5th July 2006, 04:59 AM
Never noticed that. And be careful with hellfrauds windae washer flooid. My dealer has told me scare stories of cheap fluids congeeling in the pipes requiring a complete system strip down and clean. Nasty. And expensive.

I asked what the alternative is: "Buy ours"

I asked him how much his was: "3.99 / litre"

http://www.x5drivers.co.uk/images/smiles/icon_rotfl.gif

Once I'd picked myself up off the floor I went to hellfrauds and bought some branded stuff. Car Plan or something like that.

Sweeney
5th July 2006, 05:02 AM
halfords i'd say is ok, probably not diluting enough could cause problems though, although you never can trust these dealer types.

Fill you with mince so you buy their products, if it was like that theyd be telling us their waxes and car wash liquids are better for the mini than others ;)

aye you broony/norman, dodgy sods :p

AndyP & Lenore
5th July 2006, 05:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

halfords i'd say is ok, probably not diluting enough could cause problems though, although you never can trust these dealer types.

Fill you with mince so you buy their products, if it was like that theyd be telling us their waxes and car wash liquids are better for the mini than others ;)

aye you broony/norman, dodgy sods :p

This wasny Broony or Norman. It was Dunedin in Selkirk. 'Nuff said.;)

Sweeney
5th July 2006, 05:13 AM
all the same in my eyes ;)

The Bull
5th July 2006, 05:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

all the same in my eyes ;)

I wouldn't get in in your eyes if I were you. :D

X30YES
5th July 2006, 01:33 PM
Never noticed that happening myself ,however ,due to the over filling of the system air locks may occur !!! ...the air has to go somewhere, and plastic bottles expand and contract during the warmer weather, also when topping up I notice an escape of air !!!!!!this might be your problem.

Big Col
5th July 2006, 03:08 PM
Doesn't the washer fluid cap have a wee hole in it to stop air lick happening Angus? I've never paid that much attention but it has had one on all me other motors.

X30YES
5th July 2006, 03:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Doesn't the washer fluid cap have a wee hole in it to stop air lick happening Angus? I've never paid that much attention but it has had one on all me other motors.
Think it does ...but if its blocked :p:question:

Sweeney
5th July 2006, 03:36 PM
i make sure theres no excess air in any of my systems ;)
99% sure its the cap not the air, doesn't seem to get a good grip.