PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger Noise

Mini Martyn
26th November 2003, 06:15 AM
Their is a nasty whine comeing from my supercharger, has anyone S drivers had a problem with this?? It happens when I am at a set of traffic lights and rev it a wee bit, and as its settles it makes a groning nose!! :disapprove:

seany
26th November 2003, 07:21 PM
the supercharger is ment to whine, my one does anyway.

Julz
26th November 2003, 07:49 PM
Doean't sound to healthy Martyn, you should maybe get it checked out as the supercharger shouldn't whine when you're not moving!:(:I

seany
26th November 2003, 08:04 PM
yes but he is reving it

Julz
26th November 2003, 10:10 PM
Aye, but he's only revving it a wee bit, the supercharger still shouldn't be kicking in with idle revving!

Mini Martyn
26th November 2003, 11:03 PM
Hey thanks for the advise, its more a moaning noise not like the nice whine whilst driving. Im taking it to Henry Bros. tommorow as they had a power cut today.

I will let you know what they say.

Burple
26th November 2003, 11:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

Hey thanks for the advise, its more a moaning noise not like the nice whine whilst driving.

Did you run over anyone this morning on the way to work??

They may still be stuck in the Air Scoop!!
heh heh heh heh :D;):cool:

Big Gordy
26th November 2003, 11:43 PM
quote:Aye, but he's only revving it a wee bit, the supercharger still shouldn't be kicking in with idle revving!
That's the advantage of a supercharger over a turbo in that it's always working as it connected directly to the engines spinning mechanical parts and not relying on exhaust gasses to power it like the turbo....:approve: But you probable already know all that don't you :p:D:approve:

Julz
27th November 2003, 01:30 AM
:D
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

[quote]But you probable already know all that don't you :p:D:approve:

Aye I did, but I was meaning that you shouldn't know about it, cause mine doesn't whine til you boot it, and that's with all th mods!! Mmmm, supercharger possibility for Robs car though!!!!:D

Gismo
27th November 2003, 02:23 AM
Ok, the noise is not normal, there is no whine from the charger when slightly revving at the traffice lights, i went up to a local set of lights here in the big metropolis of Montrose and there was defo no whine coming from the charger ;)

Seriously, get it checked out, there is something not quite right, must be to do with the engine as you get it when you are stationary, so movement of the car is ruled out.
Usual suspects are, water pump, alternator, camshafts and supercharger's

Good luck and fingers crossed it'll be fixed under warranty

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
28th November 2003, 05:37 AM
Daisy doesn't groan either. Hope you get it sorted. I'm too old to sit at traffic lights revving :evil::clown:

DNV122
28th November 2003, 06:19 AM
Traffic Lights, what are they ? Must be some new-fangled semafore device they have in the Central Belt....

Big Col
28th November 2003, 04:48 PM
:eek:You're not old are you Linda???

Big Gordy
28th November 2003, 05:21 PM
Is that Col in bridge building mode this morning :p:D:approve:

Linda M
29th November 2003, 11:00 PM
<ignores Col>

Did you get it checked out Martyn ??
By the way, where will you be 'sunning' yourself at Christmas ? Just to make us all jealous :p

Mini Martyn
1st December 2003, 02:20 AM
No Henry Bros havent had a chance to look at it yet i am going in on Monday to get them to sort it out. Hope its nothing too bad, my poor baby!!

Going to Tenerife! :cool::cool:

Quik_Mini
11th December 2003, 08:39 AM
Hope it isn't too bad m8, just thought I would add while we are on the topic of superchargers, has anyone heard of a Rotrex supercharger? Heh seriously nice and makes a nice rattlesnake boost noise..

Mini Martyn
16th December 2003, 08:26 PM
Well it is still a the garage as they are waiting on parts and some technical advice from the factory! :dead:

They are going to phone me tomorrow to let me know what is going to happen, I MISS MY BABY!! :disapprove:

Julz
16th December 2003, 10:30 PM
:(

seany
16th December 2003, 11:17 PM
she will be home soon A/E wont keep hur long

Mini Martyn
17th December 2003, 08:40 PM
:D:D:DMY BABY IS BACK FIXED!!!!:D:D:D

Gismo
17th December 2003, 08:55 PM
Good news :) did they metion what the problem was :question:

Bonnie Scotland

Mini Martyn
17th December 2003, 09:23 PM
Their was a hose that every time you reved the engine it closed up and then when you took your foot off the pedal it would open up again hence the reason it made a noise.

Dosent sound to safe I am just glad that its sorted as I dont fancy a dodgy hose over christmas! ;)

seany
17th December 2003, 09:58 PM
it is good you have your car back martyn