PDA

View Full Version : The weather!

Sweeney
2nd July 2006, 06:29 PM
Dunno if any of you have got it but the clear sky, sun and heat has just turned into a thunderstorm and the rains belting it down! :eek:

Gismo
2nd July 2006, 06:30 PM
Been like that in Montrose since 6am, keeps resetting my sky box :mad:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2006, 06:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sweeney

Dunno if any of you have got it but the clear sky, sun and heat has just turned into a thunderstorm and the rains belting it down! :eek:

Cool.

Send it this way:D:D

Mark R
2nd July 2006, 06:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

Cool.

Would that be because your hoping for something to get people to take part in a certain indoor activity to get out of the rain?

Sweeney
2nd July 2006, 06:57 PM
yeah will be mark, but they'd end up going to a better cinema in the surrounding area ;)

N12 JLK
2nd July 2006, 06:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mark R

Cool.

Would that be because your hoping for something to get people to take part in a certain indoor activity to get out of the rain?

Andy doesnt like Kiss,Cuddle or Torture:p

The Bull
2nd July 2006, 06:59 PM
Hope it dries up for T in the Park! :cool:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2006, 08:05 PM

yeah will be mark, but they'd end up going to a better cinema in the surrounding area ;)

There aren't any.:D:D;)

Sweeney
2nd July 2006, 08:11 PM
probably stay at home and watch their dvd's then i suppose ;)

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2006, 08:15 PM

Stop encouraging them.;)

X30YES
2nd July 2006, 08:21 PM

Nae Popcorn tho :p

Mark R
2nd July 2006, 08:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Nae Popcorn tho :p

They'd have hot dogs that way still.:p

gill
2nd July 2006, 08:58 PM
It's 1.00pm here and raining - been thunder and lightning for the last hour now! It was cool though - I like thunder and lightning! :eek:

Bloody nuisance though - I was trying to weed the garden before my hols, but now have to come in and surf around this site instead...;)

:D:D:D

Sheilz
2nd July 2006, 10:04 PM
Abz the same. Now raining off and on. Still a bit humid so dont know if more T&L on its way. it must be rolling about the north east coz it went away and came back. Shame its in daylight as I think there may have been a few cracking flashes. Bang goes the gardening (:approve::D:D:D)though I still intend hitting the beach :D:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2006, 10:34 PM
T & L storm just passed over us. Now cludy and gloomy and wet and miserable.:D:approve::D:approve::D:approve::D Still a bit humid though:(

Sweeney
2nd July 2006, 11:00 PM
:evil:

euan
2nd July 2006, 11:38 PM
Well, down here in Wimbledon it's 33.5 according the car, glorious sunshine and not a cloud in the sky!

Too hot at night though!! Overnight was over 20.

sedgie
3rd July 2006, 12:05 AM
It's pissin doon here in St Andrews:(

The Dogfather
3rd July 2006, 01:13 AM
http://www.metoffice.com/weather/europe/uk/radar/data/3EF_PS_0.GIF http://www.metoffice.com/lib/images/radar_key.gif

This shows where the worst of the rain is at the moment steady stream of thunderstorms heading north. I hope we see some more lightning here soon :D

zimbo
3rd July 2006, 01:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Been like that in Montrose since 6am, keeps resetting my sky box :mad:

Been like this in Dundee since the early hours and my telewest box seems to have given up the ghost as well... all the other electrical items are still working tho??? :mad:

euan
3rd July 2006, 02:37 AM
Not wishing to add to the misery....

A quick check on the BBC 5 day forcast and down in the sunny south we are supposed to have 30+ all week, with evening temps of high teens (17+)

Great weather, but bugger all use for working in!

AndyP & Lenore
3rd July 2006, 02:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by euan

A quick check on the BBC 5 day forcast and down in the sunny south we are supposed to have 30+ all week, with evening temps of high teens (17+)

No misery here.... you're welcome to your 30+ temps. Give me rain any/every day.:D

The Dogfather
3rd July 2006, 03:29 AM
BBC 5 day forecast is useless, you might as well go by 'red sky at night'. www.metcheck.com is far more accurate especially since they upgraded the model they use :)

The Dogfather
3rd July 2006, 03:29 AM
Looks like no more thunder here though :(

Scottie
3rd July 2006, 03:56 AM
24.5c today up here at Inverness today.

No rain or thunder been great weather both today and yesterday infact it's been good weather the past week.:cool:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd July 2006, 04:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

24.5c today up here at Inverness today.

No rain or thunder been great weather both today and yesterday infact it's been good weather the past week.:cool:

Make sure you keep it up there then.;):D

The Dogfather
3rd July 2006, 04:24 AM
Fi there's a thunderstorm heading your way :D

Sweeney
3rd July 2006, 04:32 AM
get alan on standby with his camera :p take some shots of the lightning

The Dogfather
3rd July 2006, 04:39 AM
That thunderstorm is getting bigger as it moves north, should be a real downpour at about 10pm :D

AndyP & Lenore
3rd July 2006, 04:53 AM
VB, when did Metcheck change the model they use? I remember finding the site in 2004 and we subscribed to the premium service stright away for the year because it was so good. You could literaly plan your life (golf) around their timings. Then they changed the look and feel of the site to V4 and everything went downhill rapidly. It was never right. Really awful forecasts. But Lenore said to me the other day that their forecasts were a bit more accurate recently. I was just wondering if you noticed a spell of almost a year where it was, well, basically, crap.:D

Sweeney
3rd July 2006, 05:03 AM
tell you what site is crap at forecasting, weather.co.uk... utter mince!

AndyP & Lenore
3rd July 2006, 05:09 AM

tell you what site is crap at forecasting, weather.co.uk... utter mince!

Totally agree.

Rain every day. No matter what. Utter Bullshti.

But what gets me, www.weather.co.uk is the UK branch of the USA's "The Weather Channell" Which is the USA's foremost provider of weather information. Their TV channell is excellent. Available in every hotel room, it's a great way to see what's coming your way for the day ahead.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd July 2006, 05:40 AM
Going by these satellite images it looks like a storm is heading north. This message posted at 21:39 ish.

http://www.gyweather.com/satpic.html

The Dogfather
3rd July 2006, 06:17 AM
I believe Metcheck use the GFS model or they used to, this was upgraded I think around March. They have certainly improved though :approve:

euan
3rd July 2006, 05:30 PM

quote:Originally posted by euan

No misery here.... you're welcome to your 30+ temps. Give me rain any/every day.:D

I'd have rain too after last night. Eventually got to sleep after 4, it's just baking in our house. The lounge was 28 degrees at 4am!!! The walls (interior!) are warm to the touch!

Cheers for the link to metcheck, will give them a try!

Scottie
3rd July 2006, 05:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Vidal Buffoon

well I am pleased to report no thunderstorms last night just got a bit of light drizzle rain.

Which I'm glad about our dogs would have had us up they hate thunder.:(

AndyP & Lenore
3rd July 2006, 06:41 PM

well I am pleased to report no thunderstorms last night just got a bit of light drizzle rain.

Now admit it Fiona. It's not the dogs that are afraid of the thunder, it's Allan.:D:eek::blackeye:;)

A.

Scottie
3rd July 2006, 06:43 PM

Now admit it Fiona. It's not the dogs that are afraid of the thunder, it's Allan.:D:eek::blackeye:;)

A.

He would snore his way through a direct lighting hit never mind overhead thunder.:(;):p:evil: in fact come to think of it I'd doubt if anyone including the dogs would hear anything over the top of Allans snoring.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd July 2006, 06:47 PM

A.

He would snore his way through a direct lighting hit never mind overhead thunder.:(;):p:evil: in fact come to think of it I'd doubt if anyone including the dogs would hear anything over the top of Allans snoring.

LOL. :D

X30YES
3rd July 2006, 06:55 PM
The best way to check the weather for me is to look out the window :D:D

AndyP & Lenore
3rd July 2006, 07:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by X30YES

The best way to check the weather for me is to look out the window :D:D

Absolutley :approve::approve::approve: