PDA

View Full Version : Tax Disc Holder

Smitty
2nd July 2006, 08:44 AM
I have a Rickbrook style metal tax disc holder courtesy of Wul;)

But the damm thing keeps on falling off, already gone through three sets of sticky pads:blackeye:

I'm following the instructions! Any tips or ideas for making it stay on or any other products i can use to make it stick??

Cheers!:)

X30YES
2nd July 2006, 04:01 PM
Double sided tape !!

Big Gordy
2nd July 2006, 11:52 PM
You have to mount it quite far in from the corner as the glass is very curved right where you would normally place it :evil: See the first picture in 'Mutleys new shoes' of where mine ended up :( Another thing you've got to watch is don't mount it too far down near the dash as you will stuggle getting the wee allen bolts out when it comes time to change your tax disc :I :p:D:approve:

Sweeney
3rd July 2006, 12:29 AM
that reminds me, i bought one of those ages ago. ha forgot i had one :p it annoyed me when i tried to put it on so im sticking with dealer sticker :)

Wul
3rd July 2006, 07:50 PM
Smitty - as Gordy says you need to mount it a bit further in than normal where the glass is flatter - also make sure the screen is clean and dry first.

Smitty
3rd July 2006, 09:07 PM
Yeh, noticed the curve on the window, amanged to get it to stick on all sides but its obviously not close enough to the windsreen at certain points.

I'll order some spare sticky pads and give it another bash......bl**dy thing!!:blackeye::p

X30YES
3rd July 2006, 09:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smitty

Yeh, noticed the curve on the window, amanged to get it to stick on all sides but its obviously not close enough to the windsreen at certain points.

I'll order some spare sticky pads and give it another bash......bl**dy thing!!:blackeye::p
That is where the packers are used ...ie double up on the wee sticky things on the curved area on the wind screen

Big Gordy
4th July 2006, 05:18 AM
quote:That is where the packers are used ...ie double up on the wee sticky things on the curved area on the wind screen
Aaaaaaaahaaaaaaa good thinking batman:D I never thought to do that....doh :p:D:approve:

X30YES
4th July 2006, 06:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Gordy

quote:That is where the packers are used ...ie double up on the wee sticky things on the curved area on the wind screen
Aaaaaaaahaaaaaaa good thinking batman:D I never thought to do that....doh :p:D:approve:
thats why you get extra sticky pads in the pack !!:p;)

Coop
4th July 2006, 07:20 AM
Also heat the pads between yer hands before sticking them. I had one on ma last car and it never fell off once............

euan
5th July 2006, 08:20 PM
That's what I did on my S when I had one, packed it out and it never came off once.