PDA

View Full Version : Xenon the Princess Warrior

Julz
25th November 2003, 05:11 PM
Ok folks, does anyone else find that their xenon headlights, when on dipped, are about as useful as switching the lights off altogether?? I find when mine are on dipped I can barely see more than 10 metres ahead:mad:

KenL
25th November 2003, 05:20 PM
Not just the Xenons Julz, the Halogen lights are really poor also easily the worst I've ever had in a car.

I spent £28 on new Philips Vision Plus bulbs and although slightly better they are still cr*p.

When I had an S courtesy car it had Xenons and I expected them to be a lot better but although they looked a bit funkier they were not £350 better!

GAJ
25th November 2003, 05:49 PM
That's just over thirty feet, auld yins!;)

3GGG
25th November 2003, 06:38 PM
I had to adjust mine up a tad - very carefully. look on MINI2 for details. Find they are the best lights I have ever had on a car (Xenons), very bright and good pattern. Driving other cars is like using candles by comparison.

Burple
25th November 2003, 08:09 PM
I only got normal lights on mine, spent the cash on Philips Vision Plus bulbs too (dipped AND main beam - flash git ;)).
they're miles better than the standard, especially on Main beam! :D
Definitely better than any of my previous cars - mind you... they've all been Classic Minis!! ;)

Gismo
26th November 2003, 03:17 AM
My Xenon's and main beams are absolute crap, worst i have ever had on a car, the power bulbs trick made them better but not great.

Bonnie Scotland

knaone
26th November 2003, 03:36 AM
Julz, i know a way to cure this, go out try and borrow a classic Mini... drive at night... Then you'll love your Xenons... I had some scary times with my classic...

Wonder how the corsa will do???

3GGG
26th November 2003, 04:58 AM
I can't understand this at all, compared to other cars I would say that MINI's lights are excellent, Full beam no problems and dipped with xenons are very bright and good pattern. Other cars I have to put the fogs on to see the verges properly. I agree knaone, try driving something with old fashioned headlights, the worst was the VW beetle with 6 volt bulbs!

3GGG
26th November 2003, 05:01 AM
One other thought - is it your heavily tinted windscreens? LOL

Gismo
26th November 2003, 05:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

One other thought - is it your heavily tinted windscreens? LOL
Nah, my front windae isna tinted, it's illegal and all that, no ;)

Bonnie Scotland

3GGG
26th November 2003, 05:38 AM
Aye OK Bonnie, just wondered. I have been reading MINI2 threads on headlights and they also have 2 entirely opposite views of how good the MINI headlamps are, all a bit of a mystery!
Slightly off topic, The reversing lamp is Crap , good job I got the PDC :)

Mini Martyn
26th November 2003, 06:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Ok folks, does anyone else find that their xenon headlights, when on dipped, are about as useful as switching the lights off altogether?? I find when mine are on dipped I can barely see more than 10 metres ahead:mad:

Is this going to be your next mod!? Head Lights on the Roof?? :D8)

broken_brian
26th November 2003, 07:55 AM
i will give u a shot of my classic in the dark u will never complain about crap headlights again

;)

weefossy
27th November 2003, 08:21 AM
I'm with 3GGG on this one, Xenons are super.:approve: Much better than on my Audi... and when Sioban puts the spots on it's like "Blackpool". I'm still like a little kid every time I switch them on and they self adjust:D:D Then I give them a wash, just to see the "James Bond" washers come on. Entertained a 6 year old MINI fan for ages in the Gyle car park. His mum's off to trade in her Beetle:evil:

When I get old and start losing my...........