PDA

View Full Version : Haw golfies?

Big Col
30th June 2006, 04:29 PM
Which club are better for a duffer?

TaylorMade RAC HTs or MacGregor Vfoil M455s?

Scottie
30th June 2006, 04:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Which club are better for a duffer?

TaylorMade RAC HTs or MacGregor Vfoil M455s?

got to be MacGregor ;);)

Big Col
30th June 2006, 04:46 PM
You're just going for the Scottish name aint you! :)

Scottie
30th June 2006, 04:50 PM
You're just going for the Scottish name aint you! :)

No:eek: I know about these things;):p

Gismo
30th June 2006, 05:00 PM
Callaway, Ping or Mizuno :cool:

X30YES
30th June 2006, 05:35 PM
Try the OAP 's club :p:D..

Big Col
30th June 2006, 05:51 PM
Could you loan me your membership Angus? :)

You can tell the minted Boy in Baku an all can't you? Rattling off 3 of the most expensive club manufacturers! :)

X30YES
30th June 2006, 06:21 PM
That only took you 16 mins to reply with the expected ;)

Wul
30th June 2006, 07:38 PM
Col - do the taylor made's come with free breakdown recovery? Might be handy if you get stuck in a bunker!!

Can't imagine what you'll look like playing gowf - all legs and arms all over the shop!!:p

Big Col
30th June 2006, 08:12 PM
Mate I'm the same height as Ernie Els and Ol' Tiger is only 2 inches shorter. Callin' them ungainly and p!sh are you?

Wul
30th June 2006, 10:16 PM
Mate I'm the same height as Ernie Els and Ol' Tiger is only 2 inches shorter. Callin' them ungainly and p!sh are you?

Nope - just you oh gangly one!! :evil::p

euan
30th June 2006, 11:08 PM
Col, either of those sound good.

Just to back BS up a bit, Mizuno are cracking. I bought a set a couple of years ago and they are really easy to hit and look great. Try a set of Mizuno MX-17. When I tried a load of clubs these were the ones for me.

Big Col
4th July 2006, 04:33 PM
Euan me ol' fruit I took your advice and gave the MX17s a bash. Cracking clubs and they look excellent behind the ball. The only thing that's stopping me now is that I also tried the Wilon Di6s and they feel awesome. :D Decisions decisions. ;)

euan
4th July 2006, 06:05 PM
Euan me ol' fruit I took your advice and gave the MX17s a bash. Cracking clubs and they look excellent behind the ball. The only thing that's stopping me now is that I also tried the Wilon Di6s and they feel awesome. :D Decisions decisions. ;)

I always find golf clubs are a very personal thing, you can get all the advice from magazines etc but they need to feel right for you otherwise you'll blame the clubs when you start to hook/slice it!

I'd try all 4 back to back on a range to give you a direct comparison. Also, try and see if you can borrow a set for a round (some pro shops will let you do this).

What you'll likely find is the Mizuno and the RAC HT will give you more height on the ball (seeing as thats what HT stands for - High Trajectory - you'd hope it would!). That was a real boost for me as I occasionally struggled to get the height on my longer irons and that's why the Mizuno was right for me. Plus, my set came with a bladed SW and Mizuno make cracking bladed short irons. This thing is up and down faster than some of the women in Ship Row!. Plus, you get loads of backspin (something I don't think happens on Ship Row, but I may be mistaken ;).

Big Col
4th July 2006, 06:36 PM
You probably do get backspin on Ship Row mate but it'll be an extra tenner! :D

Bignorm
4th July 2006, 06:38 PM
speaking of golf anyone going to the scottish barkleys open at loch lomand

X30YES
4th July 2006, 08:44 PM
'WASTE OF A GOOD WALK':p:D