PDA

View Full Version : Ouch !!! Some advice needed ....

gill
30th June 2006, 03:22 AM
Well, it had to happen sooner or later, but I managed to bump my min today!:(

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/gillewan/PICT0009.jpg

What to do now????

Fill and sort (paint existing bumper)??; Get new bumper and paint it??; buy AERO KIT :D:D

Suggestions please!

Sweeney
30th June 2006, 03:27 AM
find out how much it'll cost to repair the existing bumper and how much an aero kit bumper/new standard bumper will cost, i would say get it all evened out and resprayed (if possible) unless your trying to find an excuse for getting the aero kit ;) if you do get the aero kit, get them to put a few more coats of paint on it! paint on it is sooooooo thin! :mad:

AndyP & Lenore
30th June 2006, 03:34 AM
Ouch.....

What did ou do:question:

IMHO - Replace with Aero Kit (you know you want to).;):D

L

X30YES
30th June 2006, 03:52 AM
It will paint out no problem

illegalhunter
30th June 2006, 04:10 AM
go on get the aero kit thers one on ebay in hyper blue go on

X30YES
30th June 2006, 05:47 AM
That'll look good on a Indie blue one :p:D

stoney
30th June 2006, 06:12 AM
i would just get it painted any good body shop will be able 2 do it :)

gill
30th June 2006, 06:20 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmm .......... decisions, decisions ...... :question:

Will keep you all posted on what we decide.

Andy & Lenore - I reversed into an invisible metal thingy in the car park!:evil:

Now.................... how to persuade Ewan to buy that Aero kit?:D

AndyP & Lenore
30th June 2006, 06:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by gill

Andy & Lenore - I reversed into an invisible metal thingy in the car park!:evil:

Now.................... how to persuade Ewan to buy that Aero kit?:D

Oops.

Just tell Ewan it will be cheaper than repairing your bumper.;);):eek::p

Apart from that the Aero kit would look fab on your car.:D

Big Col
30th June 2006, 02:55 PM
A E R O KIT A E R O KIT! :D

stoney
30th June 2006, 03:39 PM
hi gill i like ur strips:cool: up the side where did u get them:question: and how much did they cost:question: would u mind if i copyd u :question::evil:

bpirie1000
30th June 2006, 04:59 PM
check out some of your local chips Type Folk tehre usually great and cheaper than a Bodyshop.

Bodyshop would paint the Whole thing Chips type folk would paint it on the car and only the bit Required.
Good Luck

gill
30th June 2006, 11:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by s700ony

hi gill i like ur strips:cool: up the side where did u get them:question: and how much did they cost:question: would u mind if i copyd u :question::evil:

Got it done in Perth - forget the name of the place. They basically cut it out in vinyl and applied to the car. I got the whole car done for £80, but the guy said he would never charge so little again (I think it was the full size saltire that did it!!!;)). Anyway, it wouldn't be too expensive for the sides alone. Go to any local vinyl/signwriting place and they should be able to do something for you. :D:D And yes, as we've not copyrighted the 'flying scotsmin' you could have the same too!:cool:

ianking
30th June 2006, 11:21 PM
I would try Chips away for your bumber. They can come to your home or work and have it painted in an hour. Prob cost about £60.

Bignorm
30th June 2006, 11:27 PM
i can sell you an aero kit cheap cheap

Bignorm
30th June 2006, 11:29 PM
£828.76 inc vat painted

gill
1st July 2006, 07:02 PM
quote:Originally posted by roaster21

£828.76 inc vat painted

Thanks, but our local dealer can match that price. It's ordered and we should have it fitted and ready for Arbroath/F&M weekend!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
1st July 2006, 07:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by gill

quote:Originally posted by roaster21

£828.76 inc vat painted

Thanks, but our local dealer can match that price. It's ordered and we should have it fitted and ready for Arbroath/F&M weekend!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Well done, can't wait to see it.

stoney
2nd July 2006, 03:22 PM
quote:Got it done in Perth - forget the name of the place. They basically cut it out in vinyl and applied to the car. I got the whole car done for £80, but the guy said he would never charge so little again (I think it was the full size saltire that did it!!!). Anyway, it wouldn't be too expensive for the sides alone. Go to any local vinyl/signwriting place and they should be able to do something for you. And yes, as we've not copyrighted the 'flying scotsmin' you could have the same too!

thats cool nice one thanx :D[8 and lucky u with the areo kit:D:D will look forward 2 seeing it done as mine is indi blue as well !!

N12 JLK
2nd July 2006, 06:53 PM
Now thats clever prang the car in purpose and get an aero kit out of it, very smart cookie;)
Now im off to right mine off so I can get an S.

gill
2nd July 2006, 08:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by lesley12

Now thats clever prang the car in purpose and get an aero kit out of it, very smart cookie;)

I'm just full of good ideas ... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

AndyP & Lenore
2nd July 2006, 09:07 PM

Don't even joke about things like that.:eek:

N12 JLK
2nd July 2006, 09:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by AndyP & Lenore

joke about things like that.:dead:;)

Sweeney
2nd July 2006, 11:03 PM
you gonna keep your grille or use the aero kit grille? (i think it would look better with standard grille rather than aero.

Crombers
3rd July 2006, 06:22 AM
Aero Kit , Mmmmmmm :approve: