PDA

View Full Version : Woops!! My Mini vs security barrier

lightbody
29th June 2006, 08:09 AM
Was at prestwick airport today to drop off a friend for a flight. Except they don't have a drop off area any more for some reason (despite the airport being deserted) so you're forced into a carpark where you have 10 mins for free.

This carpark is *really* confusingly laid out, and I had trouble finding the exit. Frustrated and irritated i finally found the exit slip road thing but didn't notice the security barrier blocking my way!! It whacked off my windscreen and broke off.

Security guard comes running over, thinks i did it deliberately, and cant understand why i'm angry and not apologetic...

It is my fault, and I'm going to have to cough up for their barrier repairs, but its all down to the crazy layout of the airport forecourt.

Oh and my windscreen might be damaged too, and the bonnets got a couple of new chips :-(

<rant mode off!>

AndyP & Lenore
29th June 2006, 09:28 AM
Thats a complete bummer Rob.:evil::disapprove::disapprove: Surely they should claim some culpability if there was no "no exit" sign.:question: Otherwise it just looks like an exit to you. Appart from the barrier, of course.:I:I

Big Col
29th June 2006, 03:14 PM
You crashed through a barrier and then waited for the guard? That's no exactly hollywood is it? :)

Craig
29th June 2006, 03:22 PM
sorry to hear that rob, but as Andy says - if it wasn't clearly signed, I would fight it... oh aye and another thing....... you should have gone to specsavers... :eek:;):D

X30YES
29th June 2006, 03:32 PM
:eek: ouch ....take it was not painted red /white then :p

Gismo
29th June 2006, 03:40 PM
Oops :I if it wasn't well sign posted and not clearly visible etc etc :disapprove:

Scottie
29th June 2006, 04:53 PM
tell them to go take a run and jump it will cost them more to try and recover the money from you they won't bother.

CooperTrooper
29th June 2006, 06:25 PM
i use prestwick airport carpark frequently and havent found it any more confusing than other city carparks :I

new glasses maybe? :eek:

lightbody
29th June 2006, 10:02 PM
I'd be OK next time but they should test these things with first timers. I can do Glasgow Airport blindfolded having done it so many times at 5am!

Its the carpark right in front of the terminal.

Obviously most people go through it with no problem, I hadn't thought any different!

It WAS the exit lane, but the barrier was down...

It was just a mistake, they happen, but the layout makes it far more likely to happen. I'm not surprised it had only just been fixed, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was being driven through as I speak!

stoney
29th June 2006, 11:02 PM
that was unlucky:( mate sounds just like the kind of thing i would do lol :D

Heather
30th June 2006, 01:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

tell them to go take a run and jump it will cost them more to try and recover the money from you they won't bother.

Must say i agree with Fi. Hope Dennis is not too badly damaged.

minidriver#1
30th June 2006, 03:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
You crashed through a barrier and then waited for the guard? That's no exactly hollywood is it? :)

That's what i was thinking. You could at least have gone out in a blaze of glory.

Big Col
30th June 2006, 03:19 PM
Yeah mate! Next time wheel spin off giving the finger out the window! :D:cool::D