PDA

View Full Version : Whats this?

alanm73
29th June 2006, 01:41 AM
Found one of these bits of plastic below the car and after taking the wheel off there was more of it stuck at the spring?

http://gallery125776.fotopic.net/p30997828.html

Any ideas whats it is?

Sweeney
29th June 2006, 02:27 AM
Just the one are/spring?
Checked to see if anything like those are at the other springs?

how big are they hard to tell in the pic, although it looks as if you had run over them you'd have heard it.

alanm73
29th June 2006, 02:34 AM
They are off the car, about 60mm across white ones are 30mm deep and blue 15mm deep.

One is all mashed from where it was stuck at the spring.

Sweeney
29th June 2006, 02:41 AM
can you see where they are on the other wheels?

Scottie
29th June 2006, 04:06 AM
could it be o rings from the wheels but then the dealer would not have used them when they fitted those bullet alloys to your car would they.

Wunder where my JCW wheels ended up did you ask the dealer what happened to them yet.

Mini Me
29th June 2006, 04:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Wunder where my JCW wheels ended up did you ask the dealer what happened to them yet.

now you know what happened there Fe :mad:

Mini Me
29th June 2006, 04:11 AM
when cars are delivered from the factory there are plastic rings to keep the suspension from moving while in transport,sure thats what that is.
They will have been broken since PDI , but that stubborn one didn't fall out.

Scottie
29th June 2006, 04:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by Only Me

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

now you know what happened there Fe :mad:

do I :question:

Mini Me
29th June 2006, 04:48 AM
yeah , you do, i told you....

Scottie
29th June 2006, 04:51 AM

yeah , you do, i told you....

you didnt tell me are you sure did you send a text maybe went to the wrong fiona.

alanm73
29th June 2006, 05:47 AM
So Menzies didnt PDI the car properly then!!!

Just back from holiday yesterday so i never had time to ask where my wheels were?

So what is the story then Iain?

Mini Me
29th June 2006, 05:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by alanm73

i never had time to ask where my wheels were?

Where your wheels were ??........ on the car mate :)

The car was sold with the wheels you have young man , BMW retail standards wouldn't allow us to sell the wheels that came with the car, because the tyres were non run flat,so we changed then to S alloy's rather than spend a grand on new tyres.

car was sold as seen.;)

Scottie
29th June 2006, 06:16 AM

The car was sold with the wheels you have young man , BMW retail standards wouldn't allow us to sell the wheels that came with the car, because the tyres were non run flat,so we changed then to S alloy's rather than spend a grand on new tyres.

car was sold as seen.;)

text sent to you OnlyMe.

Big Col
29th June 2006, 06:24 AM
So where are the works wheels?

john
29th June 2006, 06:25 AM

when cars are delivered from the factory there are plastic rings to keep the suspension from moving while in transport,sure thats what that is.

I agree!! very bad PDi if it even got one!!!!!!!:eek:

Scottie
29th June 2006, 06:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by john

I agree!! very bad PDi if it even got one!!!!!!!:eek:

and to think that car must have got two PDI's once when I got the car and then again when the new owner got the car.

Makes you wonder.

Mini Me
29th June 2006, 07:20 AM
thats if that's what it is, it may not be.... i will find out.

Big Col
29th June 2006, 03:16 PM
I'd just like to interrupt this post with a little newsflash for Iain.

YOU DON'T WORK THERE ANYMORE!!!!

:)

By the way, your ride quality must have been a lot stiffer with them in Fi! ;)

Scottie
29th June 2006, 04:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

I'd just like to interrupt this post with a little newsflash for Iain.

YOU DON'T WORK THERE ANYMORE!!!!

:)

By the way, your ride quality must have been a lot stiffer with them in Fi! ;)

must have been.:I:I

aye Onlyme what Big Col says:cool:

markyc
29th June 2006, 05:38 PM

car was sold as seen.;)

I bought the Works wheels from Menzies trading in the Bullets (which were in mighty fine order :approve:) and paying the difference between both :) Deal was sealed with the approval of the used car sales manager :approve:

There endeth the story ;)

Scottie
29th June 2006, 06:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

car was sold as seen.;)

I bought the Works wheels from Menzies trading in the Bullets (which were in mighty fine order :approve:) and paying the difference between both :) Deal was sealed with the approval of the used car sales manager :approve:

There endeth the story ;)

no comment.:(

Big Col
29th June 2006, 07:03 PM
And yet you comment by saying "no comment"? BURDS MAN! :D

Scottie
29th June 2006, 07:05 PM
And yet you comment by saying "no comment"? BURDS MAN! :D

:D:approve:;)

Today I am a bunny boiler;)

markyc
29th June 2006, 08:03 PM
Fiona I really don't see what the problem is here :question: Nothing underhand has taken place I simply got the option of buying a set of used wheels that I was thinking about buying anyway I get the impression that you think you've been 'ripped off' or somethin which isn't the case Why didn't you keep the wheels before your sold the car on :question:

Scottie
29th June 2006, 09:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by markyc

Fiona I really don't see what the problem is here :question: Nothing underhand has taken place I simply got the option of buying a set of used wheels that I was thinking about buying anyway I get the impression that you think you've been 'ripped off' or somethin which isn't the case Why didn't you keep the wheels before your sold the car on :question:

Marky nothing against you mate. Well done on getting a brand new set of wheels :) oh and tyres. I always seem to have to pay top whack for anything I want.

Do I feel fleeced well yes I guess I do but at the end of the day it was my own falt for putting the wheels on Why oh why did I do that I'll never know.

Of course it was nice of menzies to give me the chance to get my wheels back I could have put a set of bullets on the car.

Must just be me but you know for the amount of business I put there way I honestly think they take it for granted there shower of mongrels down at that dealer. Aside from Norman, Claire and our ex Minime.

Mini Me
30th June 2006, 01:23 AM
We all ok then :question:

AndyP & Lenore
30th June 2006, 01:30 AM

I'm not.:D

I still want her R105's.:D:D But not if they are flaking.:D;);):blackeye::blackeye::eek::eek:

Scottie
30th June 2006, 04:19 AM

speak to the hand;):p:blackeye:

alanm73
30th June 2006, 04:32 AM
God I wish I never mentioned the wheels, I just wondered why the car was sold with bullets when it was traded in with JCW wheels.

Look on the brightside at least Menzies had to refinish 2 of the bullets as one was kerbed and the other wasnt laqured properly.

After having the righthand wheel of yesterday to investigate the plastic bits, Guess what i found on the lefthand side strut tonight, another set of plastic rings, a bit bashed but still on the strut.

I have now removed them and the car is a bit better over the 8 speed bumps my house. Wonder what else they missed on the 2 PDI's?

Big Col
30th June 2006, 02:56 PM
<scurries off to check his suspension struts>

<sniggers> Fnar fnar

Mini Me
30th June 2006, 05:10 PM
i wiz guessing,but am gonny find oot now[v][v]

Mini Me
30th June 2006, 05:25 PM
well , they are what i suspected ,but they only come on BMW ,not on MINI due to the time it takes for transportation:question::question:

me wonders if it's something to do with JCW suspension...... NORMAN !!!!

Scottie
30th June 2006, 05:26 PM

well , they are what i suspected ,but they only come on BMW ,not on MINI due to the time it takes for transportation:question::question:

I never fitted a JCW suspension to that car unless the new owner got it fitted.

Mini Me
30th June 2006, 05:35 PM
this has me beat[v][v] ,deffo not fitted by MINI ,i need Normans help.....

Scottie
30th June 2006, 05:47 PM

NOTICE TO ALL MINIS BOUGHT FROM MENZIES!!!!!

check your suspension as it looks like they dinnae have a clue whether these wee blocks come on the car during transportation and if not what are they.

Could this be the reason Big Col find his S to be a harsh ride on long runs????? :p:p:D

Big Col
30th June 2006, 05:53 PM
It better frikkin not be or there will be a HUGE comp claim going in against Menzies!

Mini Me
30th June 2006, 05:58 PM
It better frikkin not be or there will be a HUGE comp claim going in against Menzies!

play nice....it's being investigated:eek:

Fe , me and you gonny have to have words:eek::blackeye::evil:

Big Col
30th June 2006, 05:59 PM
Awwww but it's SO much more fun yankin' your chain than playing nice mate! :D

YOU DON'T WORK THERE!!!!!!

Bignorm
30th June 2006, 06:12 PM
not all minis come with these transportation blocks some cars do tho they should be taking off during the pdi if there is any problems give service a phone on 01786474477

Scottie
30th June 2006, 06:16 PM

play nice....it's being investigated:eek:

Fe , me and you gonny have to have words:eek::blackeye::evil:

now now Mr Broon dinnae go in the huff puff.;);)